What are some books for the /r9k/ feel?
>ugly
>autistic
>no friends
>social + societal isolation
>all around failure
>depressed
>and so on and so forth
I've read No Longer Human and Notes from the Underground but they don't quite capture the feel. No Longer Human guy is fairly adept at navigating social situations and he's quite handsome as well. The only thing I've seen really touch on this feel was the Welcome to the NHK light novel but that isn't exactly Veeky Forums

Hunger by Hamsun. Skylark by Kosztolányi, kind of

not quite what youre looking for but oblomov you might relate to. go outside for a walk user

have you ever considered that there are not universal states of man, virtues or emotions and that just as the genome and nature is in flux so too is man's soul and thus the FEEL you are trying to garner from literature was not present in nearly the same way as it is today on Veeky Forums and that we cannot really graft these emotional states backwards in time on a different type of Man? Have you ever considered you can't effectively be a tourist or understand other people's emotions through time and that in fact much of what Veeky Forums does is narcissistic LARPing no different from /pol/ thinking they'd make perfect Nazis or people who want to be anime characters? There are no books for this, because such a contemptible and low state of humanity has only just been reached. Also you forgot "fat" and "smells" in your list of undesirable traits

P-pls no bully. But in all seriousness these aren't really new or obscure feels. I'm sure ugly, isolated recluses have been a thing for a very long time. Maybe the way we experience the feels differs(I.E. technological isolation, internet, etc) but the feels at their core remain very similar. We have not really reached a new level of depravity or happened upon some revolutionary new emotional state, we have simply discovered different routes to the same melancholic feelios.

I want to be an anime character

good post

Parts of flowers for algernon.

t. hasn't read Notes from Underground

That actually DOES sound like the Underground Man though.

Boat to Redemption
Fits all but >autistic

If I post it in every one of these depressive book threads eventually someone will actually read it and tell me to quit posting it

Hermann Unger- The Maimed

Solid /rec/

Le underground man was le autistic just like us XD

>"Sure. It’s been hopeless for a long time, from the very beginning. You will never represent, Raphael, a young girl’s erotic dream. You have to resign yourself to the inevitable; such things are not for you. It’s already too late, in any case. The sexual failure you’ve known since your adolescence, Raphael, the frustration that has followed you since the age of thirteen, will leave their indelible mark. Even supposing that you might have women in the future - which in all frankness I doubt - this will not be enough; nothing will ever be enough. You will always be an orphan to those adolescent loves you never knew. In you the wound is already deep; it will get deeper and deeper. An atrocious, unremitting bitterness will end up gripping your heart. For you there will be neither redemption nor deliverance. That’s how it is."

>edouard leve - suicide

wat? that book is a hymn to life.

are you implying that the underground man wasn't an autistic sperg?

Isn't NEET always mentioned when there's a Metamorphosis thread?

Just like us XD

not an argument brainlet ;^)