What animal symbolizes corruption

A long time ago I read about how animals can symbolize different things in stories, depending on the culture the author draws from and other factors.

One thing that surprised me was that an example given was of an animal symbolizing corruption. But it wasn't a snake, a crow, or a rat. It was something normally considered kind of cute, I think (not to say nobody thinks snakes, crows, and rats aren't cute, but they don't exactly have the best rep overall.

If someone could help me figure out what animal the author was talking about I'd appreciate it. No, I don't know the book or the author but I'll know the animal when I hear it. Thank you very much.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparrow#Relationships_with_humans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Either pig for greed or cat for cunning

man

Unfortunately neither of those were it, but I appreciate the effort.

Raven? vulture? hyena? bee? fly?

niggers jews check this out

It wasn't any of those either.

Describe the animal
> if this is a tapir joke I'm going to find where you live and beat you with every hardcover you own

a possum? a ferret?

It's those stupid tree rats with big eyes

Crabs are quite..
..shellfish

Koala.

this desu

Maybe fox cause of the whole sly fox archetype

By corruption do you mean moral corruption or do you mean impurity?

A rabbit popped into my head reading this desu.

I THINK it was some kind of cute mammal but I'm not sure. No, it wasn't a tapir and this isn't a joke thread, although it is getting pretty funny.

ahahahaha

I think more the former than the latter

I wish I could remember what book I read it in--or maybe it was a web site. It's gnawing at my brain like crazy because I remember it was about animal symbols and it discussed them in reference to works of fiction in a way that was really interesting. Even if I can't find the original book, another one on the same subject might possibly have the same information I guess.

OP here again.

Yes, I was leaning towards rabbit too but apparently that's not it. Rabbits and hares symbolize things like fertility, Christianity (as they don't have strong natural defenses, the idea is that one like the rabbit will run to Jesus for salvation rather than trying to fight evil oneself). They can also symbolize craftiness, like in the story when Bre'er rabbit tricks his captor into letting him go in the field using reverse psychology.

But nothing I've seen at all links them with corruption of any kind.

The Weasel.

Goats? Monkeys? Neither are all that cute though.
Do you remember if it was associated with a particular region, culture, or religion?

Opossum

pandas are the pinnacle of hedonism and could be a symbol of corruption. Bears in general as well, arguably

maybe dogs are corrupted by men to be dimwitted lackeys instead of their wild original form

the mutt

raccoon?

mice? jesus op do we have to name every mammal until you guess it?

The hare is literally the devil in the Witch, I think that's a pretty good symbol of corruption (i.e. satan is a corrupted fallen angel who corrupts in turn)

Guys, I got it! It wasn't a mammal at all. It was the sparrow. And it wasn't corruption...it was lewdness and vulgarity. And it wasn't a book I read it in. It was Wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparrow#Relationships_with_humans

But regardless I probably wouldn't have remembered any of this without making this thread and getting my memory jogged. So thanks.

Rats (jews)

>It wasn't a mammal
>it wasn't corruption

you slow cunt

The Jew