Just marathoned this book. What did I think of it?

Just marathoned this book. What did I think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why do people ask that? How am I supposed to interpret what you read for you?

You thought that lit wouldn't be filled with 16 year olds who constantly make threads about meme intro philosophers

L'reddit, est ici reddit.com

Its not bad, not spectacular and not great. It's a good book i am never going to read again.

It's a funny way to ask for people's thoughts on the book.

SUNS
OUT
GUNS
OUT

That book isn’t long enough to marathon. You thought it was absurd in a positive sense. You read The Myth of Sisyphus and were able to reinterpret the events of the book through that lens and thought it was a magnificent example of the philosophy it’s meant to espouse. Furthermore, the way events are described half-detached from causality seemed truer to life than the way a typical novel is structured. You think “aujourd’hui maman est morte” means something about the symbolic death of your personal conception of a caring universe, but you are wrong.

Disappointed no one got strangled

I love when this statement is applied to this book. I laughed out loud for several minutes the first time I saw that phrase in reference to the book after I had read it.

OP, I loved it. It brought about in me an immediate change in my view of how I saw the world around me.

It's the okeiest of okey books.

No that's Gatsby

explain?

the first part, i mean.

wow bro did you just marathon that ENTIRE BOOK? Holy shit dude it's like 120 pages didn't you have to sleep???

The Sun blinded Maursell -- fuck if I remember how to spell his name -- and he shoots the Arab [Swede].

Also, look at the image in the OP: it's the Sun's rays radiating, a reference to the beach scene.

get out of my cell guy!

Normally the phrase can be seen painted onto tank-tops in bright colors on fit men on a beach. The idea here being that their "guns" are out because there is nice weather. In the novel, the main character is tired because of the sun and the aggravation causes him to shoot an Arab man.

I remember more or less the plot but I don't remember the details

could the shooting be interpreted as self-defense? did the guy threaten his friend's life or something? I don't recall.
If not he deserved to be executed idgaf about camus' excuses of it was so hot, muh sun, etc.

This is the most goodreads/reddit post I've ever read on Veeky Forums

>could the shooting be interpreted as self-defense?
No, because he returned after he and his friend were no longer in danger and shot the man.

jesus I've never seen a worse reading of the book

Regret over wasted time.
It's not even amusingly bad.

>he doesn't realize that we are all parts of the whole universal consciousness and therefore sharing thoughts between each other is equivalent to one mind conversing with itself hence holding a first person conversation with one's self