/Charts/ Nuuuuu Edition

New Chart Thread.

Looking for science/math books to go from high school level to advanced calculus

Thinking about creating a chess chart but not sure if there is an interest.

Other urls found in this thread:

4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Charts
4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_Reading_Charts_(by_Author)
openstax.org/subjects/
alpha.math.uga.edu/~pete/MATH2400F11.html
ocw.mit.edu/courses/mathematics/18-014-calculus-with-theory-fall-2010/
ocw.mit.edu/courses/mathematics/18-024-multivariable-calculus-with-theory-spring-2011/index.html
maths.cam.ac.uk/sites/www.maths.cam.ac.uk/files/pre2014/undergrad/admissions/readinglist.pdf
math.uga.edu/~pete/2400full.pdf
math.cmu.edu/~jmackey/151_128/infdes.pdf
math.harvard.edu/~shlomo/docs/Advanced_Calculus.pdf
ocw.mit.edu/courses/mathematics/18-024-multivariable-calculus-with-theory-spring-2011/index.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Still looking for a "Start With the Greeks" style chart like in the OP buy for Eastern works. The Chinese chart in the sticky is just a shotgun style approach, looking for a flowchart to ease my way into it.

>nobody visit sticky links

4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Charts

4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_Reading_Charts_(by_Author)

Hi newfriend

I'd like a chess chart

Should do a Children's Books chart.

Say from 0-11 years old.

>Thinking about creating a chess chart but not sure if there is an interest.
DO IT

Where my Georgists at

openstax.org/subjects/

also my shitty WIP thingy

You should add some stuff on bioethics.

YeahH

Does anyone have the Nabokov chart?

OP I'll trade you a chess chart for a maths chart. I'm pretty ok at Chess but would like to be invincible.

Also what's the next logical step after Greeks? Continuing on with canon chronologically I imagine.

>Should do a Children's Books chart.
>Say from 0-11 years old.
Yes. Some didaktikosanon please do this so that we can raise future patricians from the earliest age.

>Maths chart

>Step 0: Fundementals and Repairing Deficiencies
So basically I'd begin with Axler's PreCalculus, since Axler is a boss and all solutions are fully worked out (not just numerically provided and magically arrived at). Optional: Courant's What is Mathenatic's.

If Axler is a bit uncomfortable, review using the conviently brief Better Explained Math and Calc books, and utilize resources like Khan, PatrickJMT, etc.

>Calc
If you're feeling ballsy, jump right into Spivak. It's a different game than the computational nature of math than you're likely used to, so to combat this use Book of Proof and/or How to Prove It.

If Spivak is a bit scary, open up a calc book (I used Stewart's Calculus: Concepts and Context) and work through it. If you get stuck, utilize sources like Khan, PatrickJMT, 3B1B and my personal favorite, Professor Leonard (his lectures align nicely with Stewart's book). Leonard actually teaches from Thomas' 13th edition, and that's a classic so it's s great option, as is Lang's Calculus (with his accompanying videos "Highlights of Calvulus").

After that, read Spivak and use this
alpha.math.uga.edu/~pete/MATH2400F11.html

Next, open up Apostol and work through both volumes, and use these
ocw.mit.edu/courses/mathematics/18-014-calculus-with-theory-fall-2010/
ocw.mit.edu/courses/mathematics/18-024-multivariable-calculus-with-theory-spring-2011/index.html

Congrats, now you know calc better than most non-math majors. Now you can look in the directions of combinatorics and discrete math in general, linear algebra, analysis and more.

I'll include more auxiliary material and resources in the real chart, but at least post the chess list pls

Congrats you now have a better understanding of
After that, I'd advance to

And don't fall for those fucking stupidly long meme charts on Veeky Forums, I swear those are made to either bragpost anout how many pdf's they've saved or work against you so you'd stuck working through books for a decade (like Veeky Forums'a Harry Potter guide that requires Aristotle and the history of spiders as a prerequisite, among other equally kek worthy things)

>Humble Beginnings
Only refer to this section when you're stumped by the section below. The book I'd recommend is Axler's Precalculus, as it comes with a detailed solutions manual. Get used to using Khan Academy and PatrickJMT for trivial little things, and find a good algebraic helper for when you get stuck, and make sure to review that property then and there. Paul's Online Math Note's are also very handy, I'd actually advise reviewing all of those first before jumping into Spivak and perhaps supplementing them the "Highlights of Calculus" video series. In a similar manner, the Better Explained Math and Calculus books are handy for their brevity. If you want more resources, here's a nice list: maths.cam.ac.uk/sites/www.maths.cam.ac.uk/files/pre2014/undergrad/admissions/readinglist.pdf

>Calculus
Calculus, Spivak. Make sure to snag the solutions manual too. If too hard, try harder. If still too hard, work through a relevant chapter with Stewart's Early Transcendental (it also has an answer book) and use Professor Leonard as your lecturer, and also make use of 3 Blue 1 Brown's series on the subject. MIT has plenty of OCW on this topic, as do many other uni's and countless MOOCs. Most don't use Spivak though, so here's some notes from a class that does:
>alpha.math.uga.edu/~pete/MATH2400F11.html
>math.uga.edu/~pete/2400full.pdf

And a good pure math resource in general:
>math.cmu.edu/~jmackey/151_128/infdes.pdf

This is a good follow up to Spivak (Spivak's is only single variable, so we need to cover multi-variable).
>math.harvard.edu/~shlomo/docs/Advanced_Calculus.pdf
Another option is volume 2 of Apostol

Alternatively, or additionally, to Spivakstart with Apostol, volume 1:
>ocw.mit.edu/courses/mathematics/18-014-calculus-with-theory-fall-2010/

And progress to volume 2:
>ocw.mit.edu/courses/mathematics/18-024-multivariable-calculus-with-theory-spring-2011/index.htm

If the proofs are fucking you up, try looking at Book of Proof or How to Prove It, and perhaps some strategy books like How to Solve It, The Art and Craft of Problem Solving, How to Think Like a Mathematician, Solving Mathematical Problems, etc..

If you only want to know Calculus it's pretty straightforward

And of course, there's a wealth of resources that's been excluded to keep things brief (such as resources on how to learn and study effectively, which quickly becomes incredibly important as things become abstracted away and concepts need to become intuitive or they are likely to be misunderstood or forgotten altogether).

Why is reactionary Tolkien?

I'm not sure.

The pic doesn't mean to imply that lotr is reactionary literature. It just contains favorable themes

Anyone have the occult chart?

It's on the Veeky Forums wiki

Does a good poetry chart exist?

Can mathematics actually be thought with just reading books? I always sucked at math and we never used math books in class except for pratice

Reading, no. Studying (and exercising), yes.

this user is correct.

Reading and doing exercises is all you really need, but having help via stack exchange, freenode irc, Veeky Forums etc are helpful when you get stuck and are running thin on patience.

Lectures, MOOCS and in person tutors (via professor or not) are overrated imho.

Could you please tell me why would you want to read all of these book if it isn't for work/study ?
Not trying to say that I don't like what you like (I think it's pretty awsome) but I'm genuinely curious

where does one even start though