Original trilogy

>Original trilogy
Impeccable, unique and beloved classics we all loved as children. Return to time and time again, always taking away something new. Quotable lines, memorable scenes, and authentic sense of beauty and excitement

- Crying of Lot 49
- V.
- Gravity's Rainbow

>Prequel trilogy
rich and compelling technical effects and expanded backstory (sometimes too expanded). In many respects even more ambitious than original trilogy; in others, the emotion and sense of wonder is severely lacking

- Slow Learner
- Vineland
- Mason & Dixon

>Disney Presents the Sequel Trilogy
Almost a parody of former self. Sterilized of experimentation for easier mass consumption; increasingly awkward shoehorning of diversity hires and NYT-approved political opinions. Too much nostalgia, pop culture references, explosions and quips, not enough depth and originality

- Against the Day
- Inherent Vice
- Bleeding Edge

Write something, you faggot. Youre wasting your creative energy into the work of other people.

M&D is pretty good, I like it more than Gravity's Rainbow to be desu. I think that and Crying are his best works, in fact M&D is probably the best one.

unironically good post, the le epic internet one was esp. sort of disappointing. poor pynch man will die w/ an oeuvre forever tainted

Against the Day is his best work though

This is a little too accurate

>star wars reference yay!

uh, this is a reference to the Muppets film franchise, soyboy. You're the first and only person ITT to mention Star Wars

>Muppets film franchise
>explosions
?

>he hasn't seen Muppets from Space
you know, there's a certain level of cinematic and cultural literacy expected of users when they log onto a high IQ image forum like this one

Definitely agree on the Original trilogy. Think V is kind of overrated, but I read GR first and might just need to give it another shot.

Slow learner was just forgettable, the Pynchon style doesn't translate to short stories, Pynchon characterizes almost entirely through incident, and you just can't have enough in a short story. Reading Mason and Dixon now and enjoying it, but not with the burning intensity when I read Lot 49 and GR (his best work and what he will be know for).
Of the sequel trilogy only read Inherent vice and it was godawful, like someone else pretending to be Pynchon. I see why people meme about him being dead, since let's be honest, P's style is pretty easy to imitate, especially if you've been smoking that reefer.

His essays, reviews, and introductions are the spin-offs

Slow learner doesn't fit, prequels should be:
>Vineland
>Mason
>Dixon

Hmmmmmmmmm

see

Agreed, Mason & Dixon is the Episode III of Pynchon's bibliography

anyone else split his books up like this?
Alternate history path-> V. >Gravity's Rainbow >M&D > Against the Day
California sagas >Slow Learner > Crying >Vineland >IV
I view them as separate worlds

its definitely easier to read

I find it hilarious how many people unironically think the original Star Wars is some deep artistic masterpiece and the Disney ones are inferior for being generic blockbusters. Star Wars was based on the Monomyth for fuck's sake, the most generic formula for a blockbuster there is. That and its special effects are the main reasons for its success. The sequels are the same shit you ate as a child, but you expect them instead to be what you felt the OT to be, which they never can, except for the shiteating children of today.

So you're saying Pynchon's works are less like Star Wars and more like the relationship between Avatar: The Last Airbender and Avatar: The Legend of Korra

I have only the knowledge that avatar exists, so no I personally would not say that

I luv yu pinchie

I saw the original trilogy for the first time as an adult and I genuinely think the only reason people like them is because of childhood nostalgia. They're just... not that good.

Against the Day is on par with GR

The atmosphere is very good. The art direction is why people remember them.
The plot is unbelievably simplistic though and the characters don't act very intelligent.
(image is from the prequels but it's an OT location).

Not him but this is basically how I feel about Star Wars as well. I always expected it must be really excellent since it's so acclaimed but I felt like I was watching a comic book in cinematic form when I finally got around to seeing it.

I don't know what to say other than that I just think you're wrong. Empire Strikes Back has sequences that border on art-house levels of atmosphere and visual storytelling. It's just a timeless story told in this wonderfully fantastical space universe. Return of the Jedi has issues but the first two are basically just perfect blockbusters and I don't know how people can't see that.

Hot take- I think Attack of The Clones is the closest to art house that Star Wars has gotten.

Does he do it?

Why can't concept artists make more comic books?

Yikes!