Reading Symposium

>reading Symposium
A-are they really defending touching little boys?

that's what love is

guess you're not cut out for the intelligentsia, fag

can't fight love

love is love, don't discriminate

I don't want anymore of the greek philosoper soup, sponge, please.

love is love friendo

The ancient Greeks weren't Christian. They were pagans. Regardless of their wisdom, they still failed to understand morality. They did their best, but they didn't have the light of divine revelation to guide them, and so fell into darkness. God have mercy on them.

Not gonna lie but it makes it a little difficult to still believe anything they say, when they manage to talk themselves around to touching little bum bums and that being okay.

lol fag

>Start with the Creeps

I hate CHristians so god damn much.

Stop moralising cultures no-one could even begin to understand in full (due to the distance in time and lack of information on them). Anything can easily be acceptable, cultures don't evaluate themselves on pseudochristian ideals that no one has ever adhered to, to begin with.

This. Without the Bible pedophilia and other forms of degeneracy run rampant.

>Christianity
>against pedophilia

Socrates points out a higher form of love in contrast to the other guys' speeches though, why is everybody too stupid to understand that Symposium isn't le fucking little boys meme book

Jesus was the first (and, as far as I know, the only) of the great moral teachers of humanity to elevate children as figures of profound moral consideration above and beyond their famial duties. Before Jesus, children were universally regarded as mere chattel property of their parents and extended family. Jesus' teachings regarding children are ultimately the reason why we no longer put children to work in coal mines and such. You should visit a pagan country sometime and see how children are treated.

you're not actually reading symposium, you've just made a shitty bait thread concerning a tired meme that just won't die.

plato does not condone boyfucking

women are fucking gay

>Jesus' teachings regarding children are ultimately the reason why we no longer put children to work in coal mines and such
Yeah it only took 1800 years.
>Christians

psst.
I am only on like the second speech; havent even gotten to the great platonic realm socrates speech.
>Hint: If a frog is in the OP, it is most likely a meme post

>anything can easily be acceptable
>the greeks argued for objective morality

Considering that ancient Rome was collapsing while converting, and Europe was in chaos during the Middle Ages, and the early modern period was undergoing such upheavals, and none of them had the benefits of steam power to replace child labor, it makes sense that the Victorian Era would be the time when those labor reforms would be made. No one ever said that Christians are indeed perfect in act or can indeed build perfect societies.

>plato
>coherent positions

Ill post a pic of my symposioum copy on your mom's tits as proof

you fucking imbeciles putting children in coal mines had nothing to do with christianity or religion

the reason this was stopped was because of the unions

I hate UNions so god damn much.

Look at this moron
Dumbfuck can't even read lmao

socrates doesn't make a speech of his own

SPOILERS!!!!