What will the first Martian novelists be like?

What will the first Martian novelists be like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zaCPJrx8U0E
nsidc.org/cryosphere/arctic-meteorology/arctic-people.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Awful. Like Amerimutt authors but worse

Melvillian you say?

JamesPattersonian

moby dick is a good novel

you ever listen to OK Computer?

>born too early to experience Martian realism

Born just in time my guy, the BFG will be ferrying us to Mars is less than 10 years

We'll never get to mars. Stop watching hollywood movies

Gather piligrims, good pilgrims. The new frontier opens, harness your wits, your courage and your valour the red prairies call for your service

Enjoy your dirt Earthcuck, I'll be laughing at your resentment from the stars

even varg knows
youtube.com/watch?v=zaCPJrx8U0E

They'll be out of this world

>Resentful Eurocuck with no vision butthurt at the brave establishing new better worlds

So surprising

Is Varg an engineer or someone who knows anything about science?

>We could never colonize the arctic
>Says literal Nordic

No but he speaks confidently enough for dumb fucks to belive any crap that comes out from his mouth.

That's just dumb on so many levels. First, humans do live in the arctic:

nsidc.org/cryosphere/arctic-meteorology/arctic-people.html

Second, who says the Vikings ever tried to colonize the Arctic?

>Second, who says the Vikings ever tried to colonize the Arctic?

Iceland, Greenland, Northern Scandinavia

Are they actually in the arctic? I genuinely thought they and the tip of Greenland were below the arctic circle.

>running out of rare metal
*rare metal music starts playing*

It'll be generic garbage. It'll sell like hotcakes.

Well thats just the thing, there's no drawing an objective line about where the arctic begins. In just the same manner though there's no objectively drawing Mars outside the scope of potentially habitable when places that were otherwise so inhospitable to even pre-technological hominids have been settled

Humans could live on Mars even with today's technology, it would just cost a lot of resources and effort. I consider Mars a hospitable planet to life because there's many microorganisms that could survive on Mars, and lichens that exist on Earth today can survive a Martian environment. Not hospitable to us maybe, but nonetheless its still a habitable planet to some lifeforms.

filled with lots of "and, uh..." and other compensating bullshit like dear leader musk

>And so and but

Truly /our guy/

LouisSacharian

I will be the first Martian novelist by the way

>Humans could live on Mars even with today's technology
Bullshit, we don't know what effect the lower gravity will have on our organisms.

That can be solved by constructing a rotating ring at an angle to the ground to create pseudo-gravity. Like I said, hard, but doesn't require any new technology.

>That can be solved by constructing a rotating ring at an angle to the ground to create pseudo-gravity.

I heard this solution and its retarded. Low-g may have some health complivations, maybe, but I sincerely doubt it would ever require any need for such grand solutions

Will the Vatican be sending priests and bishops to Mars? Will the there be an interplanetary diocese?

Maybe it does maybe it doesn't, that guy said "we don't know what effect the lower gravity will have on our organisms" so I accounted for the worst case scenario and showed there was still a way around it. And its not really *that* grand - to the people living there making such a structure could be worth it for the comfort of gravity their bodies were designed to be in. I don't know, just saying.

In time, but early Martian colonies will be evangelical

>Low-g may have some health complivations
>may
Gravity is a field so that means everything in your body, including chemical reactions and blood flow will be affected by it, It would probably have some pretty big effect on health.

It was worried before the Apollo missions that stomach acid would seep up the Astronauts throats killing them among other issues. We have seen however that humans can survive for several years in effective zero gravity without any fatal cases. Complications, of course, but nothing tremendously bad.
On sub-Earth gravity the problems should become exponentially less serious.

>durrrrrrreerrreeee

t. Snownigger confronted by facts

unthinking animal

Yes but we're talking about an actual colony here. So people possibly living there their whole life, having children, children growing there, etc

It will only have 38% of Earth literature's weight

Yeah child development is the biggest question. It could possibly just result in them all growing up to be freaky 3 metre tall Martians ubermensch

We'll just genetically engineer their children to make them more suited to the Martian environment. It'll be in the future after all.

I have read The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch and I KNOW things aren't going to be even as nearly fun as time in a martian colony was in that book. It's going to be hellish, brutal and unyielding misery for a long, long time.

The only literary work created on Mars will be the logs of the AI system watching Musk, Bezos, and Gates reenact 120 Days of Sodom on the rest of the human race. It'd be entitled 1,200 Years of Olympus Mons if language still existed.

they could probably write some decent shit though

>first visible title under his right hand is caligari
what could it mean?

>Looking Good in Print: Deluxe CD-ROM Edition
lel

>the main problem with planetary exploration
>is that those that believe in it will pollute more
>muh religion
What did he mean by this?

>Infinite Jest
>The Complete Karma Sutra

>Karl Mars - The Red Planet

>tfw your rocket launches a big last fart of Carbon Monoxide on envirocucks as you flee the surly bounds of Earth

Probably a lot of Earth nostalgia, ironically enough. Maybe some stuff about large bodies of water.

>Karl Mars - Alien Nation on Mars

Marsism is real