What are your favorite American books...

What are your favorite American books. HARDMODE NO MOBY DICK NO FAULKNER NO PYNCHON AND ESPECIALLY FOR YOU PLEB MOTHERFUCKERS WITH NO TASTE NOOOO DFW. For me its ancient history a paraphase

Catcher

shooter... easy on the carrots

OF COURSE HE PAINTS THE NEXT SCHOOL SHOOTER AS WHITE, FUCKING LIBKEK

Player Piano or Breakfast of Champions.

that art is really not how I imagined it in the slightest

I am literally sharing a board with fucking Reddit.

Scarlet Letter
ez pz

Gaddis - Carpenter's Gothic
Gardner - Grendel
Chopin - The Awakening
Bradbury - The Martian Chronicles
cool pic, op needs more guns

Hmmm do women find your victim complex attractive when you attempt to talk to them?

Why is the American literary scene so bad?
>Faulkner
Overrated
>Steinbeck
Could barely write prose
>Fitzgerald
Highschool smutt
>Pynchon
Schizophrenic meme fanatic
>Melville
One good book
>Hawthorne
One good book
>DFW
Good for the next 20 years before he becomes totally unreadable
>Hemingway
Hemingway

Lolita

Stupid picture, the context is if the citizens are armed not the guards. Gun free could mean the kids cant bear arms and neither the parents but the teachers can.

Lol do these next. Barth, delilo, gass, mcelroy, O'Connor, vollmann, coover, federman, elkin.

Blood Meridian
The Recognitions
The Executioners Song
Underworld
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Warlock
Lonesome Dove
From Here to Eternity

Honestly, I've only read Delilo of the bunch, but his flaw is being derivative

I don't read americ*ns

Derivative of WHO

Don't school shooters generally target the school they go to?

I like infinite jest

Pic related.

What makes the picture stupid is that majority of school shooters are not strangers choosing zones, they are the kids that go to the schools they shoot up

What was the point of that side plot about retarded ex emperor with a big dick?

Daniel Kehlmann, but I don't think he's read him
Ich und Kaminski is basically Mao II if Mao II was good

Blood Meridian

shhhh... it’s a secret

I'm another guy but Delilo (and Roth, while we're at it) is the literary equivalent to Jeff Koons, in that his main function seems to be a walking cliche to american media tropes. Never in my life have I seen someone who tries to play his role in the spectacle as much as these men. Roth with his self-aware hypsersexuality and Delilo with his obsession with technology and death are almost characters in their own novels who due to some metalinguistic retarded spell became real.
It's disgusting, really, whenver I see his wimpy figure, his concerned look and his "classy but uncaring" clothes I feel the urge to storm Pyongyang myself and push that red button, since that fat little faggot hasn't yet.

>dat pic
How about... hear me out, Amerimutts.... hear me out... let's say... let's say... no, no, listen... hear me.... so, like, imagine.... are you listening... imagine if people couldn't buy guns that easily.

But why would you want that? Its our right to have them. The people that shoot shit up will just find a way to get them like in canada lmao

How would we kill redcoats if they try to tax us?

Hey Patrick, your ignorance is showing.
In Switzerland, most households own a gun or guns. Yet there are no school shootings in Switzerland. Where is your argument now?

In

There is a deep moral issue at hand with this kind of thing. You're starting to hear it in the news stories now. People are making tips months in advance and people aren't spending the kind of attention they need to on these issues. Almost like they're okay with these things happening in the first place.

The recent school shooter called police before, extremely distraught and it's thought that the FBI should have done their research between this and the tip and at the very least done something. Psychologically speaking, you could tell he was unstable.

Looking at the fundamental reasons these sorts of things happen is important as well, so it's a triple issue here:

- What is the problem with the morals, where we need to take away guns in the first place
- Why can't the agencies that protect us, reasonably act on psychological behavior conducive to a shooter
- What are the psychological reasons in the first place behind this individual shooting up his former school? How he was treated at school or home? Both? What can we do socially to fix this sort of behavior?

>muh Switzerland
They have background checking, they have limits of owning guns, they go through military conscription training where they emphasise the guns are for the protection of the country, not from the evil niggers or the evil government

and they aren't mongrels

>Psychologically speaking, you could tell he was unstable.
Half the people on this site could be classed pyschologically as unstable

Lets hope not. On this site I see a deep-seated belief in God, and fundamentally important discipline in order to read as much as we do.

I honestly do not think too many people on this board are unstable.

Wise Blood
The Crossing
Peace
Miss Lonelyhearts
Bartleby the Scrivener
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
All the Kings Men

walden

Catch - 22

T h e

This.

Also, Emerson, Henry George, Irving Fisher, Thorstein Veblen, Alexander Hamilton, James Madison,

Basically any sort of actually intelligent sociologist, political theorist, or economist comes from America. I'll give you Britain has some good economists from time to time as well, but that's about all you got.

>>Melville
>One good book
The confidence man was a good novel

It's difficult to be unstable and a reader, perhaps perpetually melancholic and cynical but hey, who's not
Haven't read it nor has it ever been recommended to me
Stephen Crane might be one of the very few American novelists to make two great novels

Yeah, but I'm sure the violent child killers will be pushed to reason if it's made clear their unhelpful oppressive adult structures also want to take preemptive arms against them.

Go to bed vlad

>hard mode no faulkner
lol Faulkner is fucking trash

American Sci-fi is all great. Starship Troopers, Cats Cradle, and the Foundation Trilogy are all top tier lit. Even though the works are all famous, I think they're consistently underrated as works of serious literature, and don't get the attention they deserve.

Player Piano is ass, Vonnegut even admitted that while alive. Your taste is terrible if you think that's a good book. Breakfast is worth a read though.

The Scarlette Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

>posts Ugandan Knuckles meme
>"I'm sharing a board with leddittt DDDDxxxcx"
Kill yourself.

Catcher in the Rye is for depressed 15 year olds, and is literally a meme book though.

Yeah, the same way kids stop hitting people when their parents punish them with a beating. Works wonders.

No Infinite Jest? It has to be On the Road by Jack Kerouac then

Anything by steinbeck.

who’s the dude in your pic?

her name is alyssa new namefriend

Qt youtuber called alfsvoid

You say shit about Faulkner again and I will fucking kill you.

Don’t school shooters just kill themselves, why the fuck would they care? I guess you would want to shoot up your own school, otherwise what is the point?

But what about extreme black market cases? Making guns slightly harder to get than pets only keeps guns out of the hands of responsible Americans who have been banned from gyms.

Stop being such a crankyfag, Ugandan knuckles is hilarious.

>On this site I see a deep-seated belief in God, and fundamentally important discipline in order to read as much as we do.

You mean the country that has put rigid gun regulation laws into effect decades ago?

McCarthy, Steinbeck, Barth, Gaddis, John Williams....

What the fuck kind of kid is going to know how to access a black market dealer AND have the finances to purchase an illegal product? Assuming, of course, said dealer doesn't just laugh in his fucking face.

FLANNERY O CONNOR

Of mice and men probably. Or unironically catcher in the rye for both sentimental and intellectual reasons.

>Gass
Most overrated of the underrated authors.

I guess you aren't wrong in calling it an American book.

Imagine being this guy.

Switzerland doesn't have a New Orleans.

w2c that shirt

Do school shooters even shoot up random schools they didn't attend?

The Scarlet Letter.

School shooters are white or white-ish because they're the ones that actually go to school

what we really need is more access to guns. make carrying a firearm at all times mandatory if everyone is armed then no one will have the gall to fire at another person. guns are part of our culture. this is the point of america. to deprive ourselves of them would be to commit cultural suicide. this isnt sweden my friend. now go back to plebbit.

in moldova everyone is armed with an automatic rifle by age 7 and they havent had a gun death in two decades

Lmao what a sperg

of mice and men is fuckin' classic

Obviously its trying to make the argument that they will be less likely to shoot up a school with armed guards because they'll be shut down before they can kill anyone.

Micheal Chabon's adventures of K&K was nice

realistically though, As I Lay Dying is an incredibly powerful story with so many layers to it.

Grapes of Wrath has a great narrative to it too, come to think of it.

really? I thought in america you just went to whatever school you wanted for education like how you choose hamburger palaces

Maximum Bob

>calling fucking Branco a lib
delusional

Tropic of Cancer - Miller, Main Street - Sinclair

>What if people couldn't easily buy guns in the US
I don't know what if the earth was flat? Get it, because that's a stupid what if question as the black market would just end supplying whatever terrorist cell needed guns that day

Because in the US, for some reason, we think civies should be armed and not just the criminals

Edgar Allen Poe collected works

>her
the absolute state of bertildas

>Have rigid gun laws in place
>Somehow Ahmed and crew can get ak47's and hand grenades to blow up your europoor country club
>Ha, well at least we aren't Americans
The truck of peace be with you

I agree with this guy, those damn terrorist cells keep shooting up my schools and shopping malls, man I can't even bounce on my boys dick in the changing room of A&F without wondering if an armor piercing round isn't gonna explode my skull all over the fucking place. And have you seen the prices at the local black markets these days? fucking hell we'd have an economic collapse worse than 08' with that kind of shit. Continue letting our 16 year olds buy whatever weapons they want don't judge us they are the only ones defending us from the shadow men and those that would march us from our homes at night into fema camps.

The Magnificent Ambersons

why do some people always want women to be secretly men? ohhh because they are homosexual men. Veeky Forums doesn't ruin everyone but it sure got to you

>16 year olds
*18 year olds, 21 in some states, no access to automatic rifles unless you have very specific licenses (you basically have to be a gun dealer yourself)

Also yes we have a massive issue with terrorism, as was the case with the church shootings last year, one by some fedora athiest and the other by an African immigrant who was shot by someone in the congregation , stopping him from being able to murder a bunch of old women. We have issues with gang violence, serial killers, mass murders, drug addicts, etc.

We don't have a gun problem in this country, we have a problem with violence and lawlessness in general.

ah well damn I gotta write my state senator now. I am not paying membership dues to NRA to not be able to defend myself from the terrorist who keeps taking my parking space at work. Hmm if you could choose only one would you rather have one mass shooting a year or one prolific serial killer? I think the serial killer option is better because those deluded fucks are motivated and methodical, not some pissy pants boy with access to drunk daddies guns who was too busy complaining about immigrants to lock his shit up properly and a chip on his shoulder

we dont have a gun problem in this country, we have a gun control problem (as in too much of it).
if it werent guns it would be pressure cooker bombs and trained grizzly bear attacks.

>from the terrorist who keeps taking my parking space at work
>Is literally ignoring my points about violence in American society
Okay fag

I am willing to meet you halfway. Get rid of all guns, but anyone over 16 can get bows and arrows. not crossbows, not super fancy olympic caliber bullshit either. but a decent enough weapon if you want to go hunting or if you are really really pissed off shoot at a person

the thing is a lot of these people seem fairly impotent so i think they would actually be easily deterred by stricter laws. everyone says "but muh black market," but i doubt losers with personality disorders and autism are going to seek out gangs flipping sophisticated weaponry.

in the end it's all fairly trivial. people are so emotional though they allow every shooting to become this huge spectacle that just goads other autists on. i think it's kinda funny that america continues to shit itself before the entire world because cletus thinks the founding fathers wanted him to have an ar-15.