Let's talk about Umberto Eco. I've only read Baudolino and Foucault's Pendulum, both around ten years ago when I was 20...

Let's talk about Umberto Eco. I've only read Baudolino and Foucault's Pendulum, both around ten years ago when I was 20. Needless to say Foucault pretty much flew over my head, but Baudolino was great. I've decided to go through his seven novels this year, but I don't care to do it chronologically. What's your favourite one?

Name of the Rose is fun, and Queen Loana, but I enjoyed the Prague Cemetary a lot.

>Findley

>eugenides
nice bait

I knew he was /ourguy/

>Let's talk about Umberto Eco
No, let's not.

If you loved Baudolino, read The Name of the Rose and then The Island of the Day Before. Then you can pretty much read any of the remaining three in any order you like, but I'd read The Cemetery of Prague before the other two (they're his weakest).

I read through Foucalt's Pendulum and was pretty well frustrated with that. He has some worthy essays, though. Maybe I'll give him another go.

did this guy miss the whole printing press thing, idiots have been speaking for a long time now

M'Donna

How many people could publish their idiocy? Especially in the 15th century?
Because right now 99% of people could write on the Internet for everyone to read.

If you have at all looked into the history of political pamphlets or newspapers then you will have to agree that the printing press, as well as increasing literacy, have been enormously negative influences on society.

the first act of the book its just like that...afterwards it gets interesting

He's talking about /pol/

and twitter

The whole problem comes from the range of said idiots. Every little city had it's crooks, conmen, raving lunatics, excentric monomaniacs and so on, but people knew better. Right now, anyone can be hailed as an expert for any purpose. Take a look at /pol/lacks picking literal whos on twitter saying brown lesbian muslim transwomen should crowned the leaders of the western world as proof that the west is being seized: crazy conspiracy theorists have always existed, but the internet leverages them to actual historias.

polacks are actually posting videos of migrants swarming European capitals and raping thousands of white children while the police hide their crimes as proof that the West is being seized

>*sips cum*

It's true though.

I picked up a copy of In cosa crede chi non crede? in my last trip to the second-hand bookshop.
What am I in for?

Middle brow lit. Entertaining but far from being high art.

Basically the main theme of Number Zero