How do you feel about Dante's circles of hell? Is treachery really the worst sin?

How do you feel about Dante's circles of hell? Is treachery really the worst sin?

it be your own niggas

Yes, fuck Brutus.

>founded the republic
>slayed a tyrant
Fuck Dante and fuck the Guelfs.

No, I fear the suicide realm the most. Imagine being rooted to the ground and all you can hear is the whining and bitching of those around you, like a Veeky Forums you can't turn off

>like a Veeky Forums you can't turn off
that sounds genuinely horrible

Pretty good special effect for like 1911

Some of his rankings seem a bit weird but there is a lot of good sense there.

Putting sexual sin first is perceptive, especially in the context of strict 13th-century Christian morality, because that is where most basically decent people will be most tempted.

Dante also punishes "intellectual" sins more than "physical" ones. "Cold" wickedness is always nastier and more destructive than "hot".

And yes, treachery is the worst sin.

i think he made it the worst sin because he wrote with God´s perspective in mind....not with a human perspective

>like a Veeky Forums you can't turn off

>think of all the times I try to not waste my time on Veeky Forums only to spend the whole day shitposting

oh my god

laughable and antichristian

>hey I think I'll write this book, I don't really pretend it's official or anything but I've given it some thought and i think this would make a great work of art
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOURE UNCHRISTIAN UNPURE UNSCRIPTURAL NOT TRUE NOT IN THE BIBLE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOUR WORK IS WORTHLESS YOU FUCKING PAGAN P*PIST HEATHEN
I h8 protestants

i hate christians and atheists but its antichristian

Treachery treason and betrayal should be the highest virtues, to say otherwise is pure edginess

Being shitty to other people should be the worst. All the others aren't as intentional I guess? Like the mens rea needed for treachery is higher than all the other sins that seem to be, at most reckless or grossly negligent, and while those things should be punished, they aren't as bad because the person wasn't going out of his way to fuck other people over, it was only a kind of nature that led them to gluttony or things like that.

>slayed
ah, Veeky Forums

>Claims someone is being edgy while being the most insufferable edgelord in the planes of everlasting evil shadows and darkness of the heart

Go back to bed ancient evil who has awakened. Treason is the cancer by which agreements perish and is unironically why your high school/college experience is currently sucking for you.

true true, after all the first sin was Lucifer's betrayal of God

It could also be that while learning about history he found the effects of various treacheries had immensely far-reaching and brutal consequences, even if they happened to take place under a just and righteous cause. Those treacheries might also have heavily impacted the Italy of his time, or he might have felt the sharp dagger tingling on his back in his personal life.

While the ecclesiastical nature of his work is undeniable, it is also ubiquitously dotted with glimpses of his own humanity and feelings, like the condemnation of his personal enemies as well as significance laid upon the character of Beatrice.
I can't say I'm that familiar with the circumstances of Italy in his era, nor with notable treacheries in general, but I still like to think that his ranking of treachery as the paramount sin can't be explained solely through a religious point of view.
Maybe someone with more knowledge could expand?

muh. huwhyte rayce

???