Protestants can't compete with orthodox and catholic religious literature

>protestants can't compete with orthodox and catholic religious literature

kek sorry guys

Other urls found in this thread:

vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/ccc_toc.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*Pic unrelated

Don't waste your time talking to c*tholics, OP, they're trained to be unable to think critically.

as much as i hate Protestantism, this is the sorrowful truth. When Hegel quipped that the Greeks understood one man to be free, and that it was a German innovation to understand that all men are free, he spoke with wisdom. Martin Luther freed us [northwestern europeans] from bondage, but to what avail? Many of us are simply not capable of managing this freedom; we have been aroused from our dogmatic slumbers, but are now adrift on the seas of uncertainty. Unlike Odysseus, many of us will never accomplish the hard crossing of the big waters, for we are not heroes, only servants. If only, like Eumaios, we could gather our strength at our master's knees! Catholics have their Pope, while our flesh is left to blindly grope after Jesus.

good LARP 8/10

>Protestants don't know about devil's advocates
>or about any of the research branches
>probably still believe in St Christopher

Show me the Catholic or Orthodox Bach

Mozart was Catholic, wasn't he? Plus we have Vivaldi, who was literally a priest.

This, also Beethoven was Catholic

Doesn't compare in terms of liturgical music, and specifically ability to spread the evangelion musically. I don't mean to start a /mu/-fight though (they do tend to go at it when discussing Bach vs. Mozart there, whenever I stop by at least), I appreciate Mozart as well.

500 years of protestors and 2000 years of Church; 0/8 bait. Catholicism will most likely have 4x as much based religious material than what came from the outside reforms of protests

Protestants have Kierkegaard, so at the very least they have the best Christian philosopher.

hilarious post but also true in part

>the evangelion
fuck off with your overrated shit anime references

>one book
Is this it, though?

>as much as i hate Protestantism, this is the sorrowful truth
Did you miss the entire post-Roman period?

What's so good about Paradise Lost? I need to know if I should invest time into it.

>devil's advocates
Something that was only brought about after the reformation and which as since been abolished.

>The office was established in 1587 during the reign of Pope Sixtus V. The first formal mention of such an officer is found in the canonization of St. Lawrence Justinian under Pope Leo X (1513-1521).[6] Pope John Paul II reduced the power and changed the role of the office in 1983. In cases of controversy the Vatican may still seek to informally solicit the testimony of critics of a candidate for canonization. The number of canonisation increased, from 330 between 1588 and 1978, to 483 under John Paul II's pontificate (1978-2005, that is an average of 18 canonisations per year).

To play devil's advocate here... you did skip the part describing one's use pre-reformation.

Paradise Lost vs Dante
hmmm

> literally run multiple world class universities
> kept philosophy alive through the dark ages
> priest initially suggested big bang
> can't think critically

Because they've been replaced by objective criteria and independent committees in the case of canonisation, and still exist for exorcisms.

And we're the ones who don't think critically(unless you meant to say critical theory, in which case it is correct to say Catholics don't do that).

Le warrior for the catholic faith. We ain’t holding no punches!

Why do denominations have to conflict? You all should worry about the muslims and secularists taking over the world.

What the fuck is with Bachposting these days? Fucking embarrassing.

believing in god is pretty cringey but so is not believing in god and also not having a belief on the existence of god

Would you rather have the same old Mozart and Beethoven posting?

Because the other team are HeReTiCs

This is a Catholic board.

incorrect

It's like the most profound work of art in the English language.

That's a really shitty and inaccurate image

This is a really good and accurate image.

Veeky Forums really degenerated from thoughtful discussion to /pol/ related boasting and trolling. 'My country/culture is better than your country/culture.' Grow up.

Not as embarrassing as the people pretending Wagner had talent

can you explain the st christopher bit?

what

Do people actually think there was some kind of pure pre-institutional Church? The earliest historical accounts clearly show that authority was already located in Peter's seat from the 1st century. In order to be a Protestant you have to believe that Christianity went wrong literally during the lifetime of the Apostles. If they sucked so bad, why trust their accounts of Christ, and if you don't trust those, The Bible has no historical foundation either. It makes no goddamn sense.
Also the Protestant views on the Eucharist are incoherent, transubstantiation is one of the most clearly stated positions from the Gospels, you can't even read it any other way.

We're capable of fighting multiple enemies at once. We've been doing it for 2000 years.

Mozart

Ummmmmm sweetie..........

Sadly, yes, as seen in Doesn't survive sane readings of the Church Fathers, but despite the protestant habit of memorizing the bible by chapter and verse (and criticism of catholics for not reading the bible), I've not met one that's read them.

This user knows what's up

>we

is that pastor anderson?

P1: If the Baptist Church was the original Church, then the Baptist Church would share major doctrinal similarities(if not all) with the Early Church.
P2: The Baptist Church does not believe in the real presence of the Eucharist— a major doctrine—and the Early Church did.

>Modus Tollens
C: The Baptist Church is not the original Church established by Jesus Christ.

Lol, read all the Church Fathers, including the ones from the Apostolic Age. They all believe in the real presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist.

yes

Wait that was actually a serious chart? Damn, I thought that had to be satire.

pls don't spam like that one sedevacantist that one time :/

>catholic
>invokes the muse in the first line
hmmmm

> he fell for the Catholic lies

i recognize the historical figures, but who are the two guys at the end? youtubers or something?

The Catholic Church can't keep anything together. It's far from what it was before. You can spam the same symbol, but the message changed again and again.

If only there was some sort of document which laid out the beliefs of the Church, and was demonstrably based in tradition and scripture?

Exactly! I think there needs to be a change.

I was talking about the Catechism, it’s pretty clear in exactly what it specifies, and where everything comes from.

vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/ccc_toc.htm

Yeah, but every pope has his policies and such. And there were many changes throughout history.

But the underlying doctrine is consistent. Pope Francis hasn’t undermined any social teachings, only emphasised certain other teachings.

>closed down Plato's Academy
Woah... so this... is the power of Christianity

>German Empire
>Syria
>trying to destroy the Vatican

It says their names. They are real IFB pastors

This.
I'm not sure how the invasion began, but it's tragic that we posture about our home team instead of actually discussing literature.
>implying we ever did