1+

Is he worth reading or meme tier

read and find out

he is a meme, but Sublime Object was a good book, he pretty much just copy/pasted from there after that

he is kind of deprecated though, he wrote for the post-ideological world, but we are post-post-ideological now, and he doesn't really care about politics anymore

you can always read a better meme that is still relevant in the current year

>post-post-ideological
Stop pushing this meme.

>post-post-ideological
does that mean we,re ideological again

yes, people openly believe in things again, zizek hasn't written anything of value about that and his whole gimmick was how belief still works without anybody explicitly believing in things

>yes, people openly believe in things again
Lmao, what are you actually basing this on? Internet memes about praise kek and sjws btfo?

I mean political belief, not meme religions. Zizek's point was that in the 90s and early 2000s you didn't need any explicit political belief, communism had fallen, and liberal democracy was just "how things work" and you just needed "common sense" to do politics. You had a center right wing party and a center left wing party doing pretty much the same and you just did whatever "the markets" were saying and everything was going to be ok.

That doesn't work anymore

yeah remember 'The End of History' lmao

And what changed gayboy? You're deep in ideology and you don't even know it.

Some of his shit on Hegel is alright and his Lacan and Hegel mix is quite comf.

well, look who's laughing now

That's true but Zizek's work was always a gross generalization and so is your interpretation of what he meant. Zizek always held a belief that people didn't care to admit or find out whether they believed in thing, they just veiled their views with irony and cynicism. I think people have come to hate the irony and the cynicism on a lot of levels but they still don't know or care about their beliefs. Like people who came out for occupy Wall Street but they didn't know what they wanted particularly, same with brexit. I mean the world went on after 2008 and not much changed.
I don't know, maybe I'm just rambling and honestly I'm not too familiar with what people actually think in the west. Here, in my third world shithole, normal people are exactly how Zizek describes in post ideological condition.

>That's true but Zizek's work was always a gross generalization and so is your interpretation of what he meant. Zizek always held a belief that people didn't care to admit or find out whether they believed in thing, they just veiled their views with irony and cynicism. I think people have come to hate the irony and the cynicism on a lot of levels but they still don't know or care about their beliefs. Like people who came out for occupy Wall Street but they didn't know what they wanted particularly, same with brexit. I mean the world went on after 2008 and not much changed.
that's why an aristocracy existed, and why even communists had to reinvent an aristocracy with the whole vanguard meme

Not much changed in the West either. Everything is still revolving around the markets, the average person doesn't care about politics or doesn't know anything about it, the "big questions" are boiled down to whether or not new pronouns should be used, and there are still two parties in power which are just here to secure themselves some cash. (I'm not American btw. Most western countries are like this.)

Yes. I wish he had audio books that he self narrated, I'd listen to them all day.

>there are still two parties in power which are just here to secure themselves some cash. (I'm not American btw. Most western countries are like this.)
I know the feel desu. It's not just the west, I feel like this is the status quo everywhere.

>and there are still two parties in power which are just here to secure themselves some cash
the center left is dying all over europe and different types of populist left and right are moving in

does he still write? haven't heard anything new from him for a while expect for his usual copy/paste articles that just rehash previous things

Had a few here in the past few years. They came with big promises and then just died out after a few years. Most of the party members were ex members of the big parties in power. Remember apocalypse movies which are still kinda popular? Well, we need a meteor to change the current moderate politics. Unfortunately, I think this meteor will be war. I might be too pessimistic, but lately everything just feels like pre-WW1 time. A small wrong move at the right place and we'll all be choking on sarin gas before you know it.

I'm reading Less than Nothing right now; it's great.

just like chomsky,
if you think for yourself and do some solid research and study you will surpass him as a college student without ever needing to metriculate to their level. most “”””thinkers”””” like Land, Fisher, Chomsky, Derrida, the analytical niggers, Zizek are simping pseuds who protect the fact that they are simping pseuds with heavy unnecessary use of academic ideas, bizarre linguistic idiosynchrocies and appeals to their own authority. I figured out every single thing Chomsky said halfway through watching his first lecture on Israel being a terrorist state and the same for Zizek talking about Ideology. Extremely lame to stick to them or admire them, gate keepers is what they are. Not for the JQ, because there is no JQ and people who think that are ignorant niggers, but because the real question was addressed by Baudrillard, McLuhan (giga pseud) and Virilio decades ago

We have far right parties on the rise, the US losing hegemony, Middle Eastern garbage, and looming job loss due to automation.

Yeah, basically nothing changed. Countries are falling apart due to nationalism, people are losing jobs, middle East is fucked... Seriously, nothing changed. If you take a look at what happened in Greece, there's literally no way to change.

Ah, someone's enlightened. What do you suggest people should read then?

>I figured out every single thing Chomsky said halfway through watching his first lecture on Israel being a terrorist state and the same for Zizek talking about Ideology.
wew lad, this is some quality bait.

Both , he is a meme person but his works are fantastic even if you disagree with him

This b8 is muy bueno