The intellectual powerhouse strikes again

How can philosophical little boy Derrida ever recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DZKRz1QXtC4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Terrible prose. What is it?

seems reasonable from here

>conflating derrida with focò

Isn't it funny how Oeterson's insistsnce that "dominance hierarchies" are healthy, inevitable, and natural, and that you should never question any of the flaws of "Western" civilization and just be grateful for shit somehow line up perfectly with justifying the anti-activist views of his base of mostly white, conservative young men?

>one academic french charlatan is distinct from another

it's yaboi jp

Isn't it funny how little of what you just said actually applies to him?

>im proud to be factually wrong

>get your own house in order first is the same thing as discouraging activism
>implying the majority of activism isn't empty posturing and in fact a retreat from responsiblity
>wanting people to be informed stable and healthy so they can meaningfully engage in real change is some kind of attempt to keep them down
I bet if you asked even your strawman would tell you that you're retarded.

What do you mean? "Be grateful" and "Hierarchies are necessary to separate and distinguish between things" are recurring themes in his work. He literally fucking said that young people shouldn't question "Western civilization" in person to a crowd when I saw him speaking.

yea I'm sure the future is queer, latinx, overweight and agoraphobic. no way these leaders of tomorrow are going to be steamrolled by pax sinica and made into dogfood. global brazil mah dude!

What Derrida works is he actually citing here?

>The subtle implication that those who are activists have disordered lives and pathological motivations.
>"I totes want people to engage in real change just not like that."
Really butters your lobster...

What the fuck are you on about?

>dominance Hierarchy
Clearly Peterson.
He doesn't understand hierachal organization at a basic level.
As far as discussing radical hermeneutics the same can be said. He is mostly correct for reasons he doesn't understand. He doesn't get that derrida is wrong about semiotics for the same reasons Saussure is, he probably doesn't know what semiotics is. So he gives an extermely poor criticism from a bastardized understanding of pragmatism. Derrida does have alot of worthwhile thoughts but they really need to be re interpreted for Peirceian semiotics and pragmatic hermeneutics.
Peterson doesn't get this, and also knows he wouldn't have an audience if he actually attempted something scholarly that made himself vulnerable to real intellectual criticism and confused his target audience of plebs who want some intellectual feel good.

you're implying western dominance hierarchies are premiering white men rather than competence. I don't believe you're right and your diversified future will be a failure because of this, we're talking brazilification, weak nation states, ethnic conflict, less political engagement, corruption and stagnation. western civ will just become an easy target for "more competent" people
the disruption of western dominance hierarchies is simply creating a power vacuum and your precious minorities (gays?? fat black people?) aren't the ones taking over

"Subtle implication" is a nice way of pretending you aren't putting words in someone's mouth

i bought the meme book, was super hyped because the prose was engaging. but that was the prologue. actual prose is lol.

>don't question dominance

how can he be talking about hierarchies and power if he isnt some battle hardened retired general? hes a dumb professor.

Adding to this he also doesn't understand power and domination. Such contentious points in political philsophy and he presents his wish washy meanings as a given

go back

Who the fuck cares?

you're on a literature board, faggot

you're basically saying "fuck art" when you question why prose is important. you stupid, dumb idiot.

>beware of single cause interpretations - and beware the people who purvey them
>also, those bloody neo-marxists are the reason that the west is dying

It's not fiction, so why and where does prose matter in this thread? It's immaterial, stop being so buttblasted.

youtu.be/DZKRz1QXtC4
This person's motivation is clearly pure and reasonable, right? No-one is saying don't join the peacecorp or something, but to those Peterson's message is directed, the SJW types in particular, it clearly really isn't activism. Not least of all because it doesn't get anything done, since that's not the motivation in the first place. This kind of "activism" ranges in cause from pathology to fashion, but it's not sincere and is harmful to everyone.

If you think modern activism makes legitimate claims against western civilization and does so by legitimate means you are fucking lying to yourself and probably have made it a psychological necessity for yourself to shit on Peterson for your own comfort of sensibility.

Well Jordan Peterson is a fucking snake oil salesman, disregarding poor, autismal syntax.

Sounds a lot more like Foucoult then Derrida. I wonder how he explains his way around Nietzsche's will to power.