NEETs of Veeky Forums, what are you really going to do for the rest of your life?

NEETs of Veeky Forums, what are you really going to do for the rest of your life?

I'm vowing on striving for success. I saw my NEET time as overcoming my depression and becoming more disciplined and educated. I've read 35 books over the past 5 months and I'm no longer worried about suffering from existential dread. I'm ready to go back to uni and not let anything stop me. I'm tired of sitting around and doing nothing all day besides working out and reading.

continue to laugh everyday and enjoy my time alone then kill myself when I'm forced to work, probably within a few days of 12 hour shifts
no I won't do it now because I like laughing and looking at the sky
hopefully another 3 years of this bliss as its worked for 3 years already

i'm going into 5 years right now, 5 years and about a month i think, since quitting my last job
money is getting tight and debt is getting thick
looking like the suicide is coming soon, enjoy it while it lasts brother, let's sail this ship all the way into the maelstrom

Well I can't really say I'm like the stereotypical NEET. I detest being one, and I tell myself I'm not because I still have opportunities that are open but as of now I refuse to work retail or fast food anymore. This encourages me to work harder for a better future when the time comes. What held me back was a fear of failure. However, I am still not enrolled or employed. Although I no longer want to kill myself for fear of the future, but rather work on what I can today. I believe every man has a right to take his own life, but I will die someday regardless so while I pray for a better future; I wish you good luck.

No idea, I detest school so i'm not sure what i'm going to do. Probably just kill myself.

idk probably start a cult

My goal in life is to live off the grid in a little shack in the woods with my private library.

"I'm ready to go back to uni now"

do you know how many NEETs/drop outs say this and then end up failing out again? Its easy to get all fired up and driven for a day, maybe a week. Then reality hits you. Studying a subject worth anything is hard, your attention span has been badly damaged by the internet, you still aren't understand the concepts and now you're even older. Time is ticking. Some of you just aren't going to make it in life. Books, working out, drinking/drugs is your escape from reality.

thanks dad

Never understand you people, it's never too late to improve your economic situation, who do you think you're fooling with this "time is ticking" crap?

>Books, working out, drinking/drugs is your escape from reality.

Improve? Sure, not hard to improve from rock bottom (neet). But if you haven't made it in life by about 26/27 most likely its over for you. Sorry I could lie to you and say you can always turn your life around to make you feel better, but that isn't reality. Time is costly, you're going to pay for being a NEET. In life its pay now or pay later.

This I'm 24 and I'm more of a psuedoneet but this just seems like the harsh truth. If I really don't do anything with my life by 27 either im joining the 27 club or joining whatever military branch will have me

>But if you haven't made it in life by about 26/27 most likely its over for you.

Define "made" and explain what makes those two years non arbitrary.

>Sorry I could lie to you and say you can always turn your life around to make you feel better, but that isn't reality.

It very much is, thousands of people have done it.

Well, I actually did ok (like Bs and Cs) but I was dealing with depression primarily as a result of bad habits I had cultivated. However, you're not wrong. Time is ticking and instead of worrying about the point of it all, I'm going to focus on what I need to do each day. School may not come naturally to me but I know if I just do each day's task, I'll make it. The alternatives are not what I want.

eh, a lot of branches won't take a 27 year old. Not to mention you'll be getting screamed at by 22 year olds that joined at 18. They'll be your "superior" lol, enjoy.

What I basically mean is starting on your career path, otherwise you're far behind and its only going to get worse. A lot of you are going to be 30 and taking orders from a boss/supervisor that is the same age as you, its going to be humiliating and you're going to realize all those years you wasted he was studying and working.

>Starting on your career path

On average people change careers 10-12 times these days. People take orders from bosses of all different ages all the time and have been taking orders from bosses their own age since careers were invented.

I find that very hard to believe, most people do not even work 10 - 12 jobs. There is only so much time and money someone has to go back to school and study another subject, after about 25 you're gonna have to just settle for what you have. You can't just keep going back to school or trying to get into another industry, you're going to have to pick something and stick with it. And someone your age or younger that started from a young age is going to be far ahead of you, making way more money. Its just embarrassing.

I spent my three years of NEETlife after high school reading, refining my art skills, learn how to program, learning languages, figuring out exactly what I want out of this life. I'm now about to move to east Asia and start a VR development company with my grandfather's investment. If successful I can permanently bring my own and my families life out of wage slavery or unneeded work

I find that very hard to believe, most people do not even work 10 - 12 jobs.

It's literally been the standard for 2 decades...

>According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average worker currently holds ten different jobs before age forty, and this number is projected to grow. Forrester Research predicts that today's youngest workers will hold twelve to fifteen jobs in their lifetime.

>School

You don't know much about the job market these days do you? Pro tip, there are far fewer jobs which require degrees than you think, most just want proof you can do the work and with the ability to learn online...

Once more i'd to explain why mid to late twenties is the cut off, so far the only answer you give is insecurity which is not good enough.

You can't just cry about "the current job market", that's what every millennial douchebag does while making excuses. I literally do not know a single person that has worked that many jobs. 4-5 is one thing but 10+? Unless you're talking about different "job titles" in the same career.

If i'm super fargone I'd prob won't give a shit what age whoever is yelling at me is

No, it's 10+ JOBS the figures are from the bureau of labor....

How am I crying about the job market? Not once did I cry about anything. 94% of the jobs created since 2005 are low hours low wage, it's not crying to acknowledge a fact. I've never even complained it's hard to get a job i'm just asking you to justify your point of view and you can't.

23 Bout to go to trade school to be an electrician because I just faced the facts by the time I'm done with school I'll prob be to old. Did I fuck up lads? Pay attention in school kids especially high school

I got a job as a technical writer for an aerospace company, starting in a couple of months. I'll get paid well (70k USD a year starting), have great job security, and get to tell people I get paid to be a writer. On the flip side I hear technical writing can be pretty boring.

What background do you have for that? I'm asking out of curiosity.

Undergrad in English, master's in an IT related field. I also did an internship, unrelated to technical writing, for that same company while I was in grad school.

Thanks, what was undergrad in English like if you feel like explaining

It's only 32 months user. 24 if you really work hard

please don't do this user. Moving to the other side of the world to start a company in a meme industry is not a sound plan

>what are you really going to do for the rest of your life?
Continue to be a NEET until the money runs dry, then commit suicide. Is there any other way?

lol never too old

fucking people are getting older and older in uni
so many people switching careers

Accept responsibility. But that's up to you bud.

I have passion for writing. I've been published, so I have that on my resume. I'll probably end up being a teacher or something, if I don't end up staying in university indefinitely.

Years of depression/awful family really fucking sabotaged me around 17. I lost all desire to do anything but glare at my ceiling most days, if not just riding the bus and listening to depressive music for six hours at a time. Grades plummeted, took me a few more years to even graduate high school. Was hopped up on medication for the most part.

Something rekindled in me after years of stagnation, and I think it was finding reading and writing again. I'd love to share it with others by teaching.
I'm 22.

Effexor makes the days go by at an alarming rate. I sweat to fuck it was 10AM a fucking hour ago.

rooting for you user

There's only so much responsibility I can take, user. I have a verbal communication/verbal processing disability and I never let it effect my life until now. I succeeded in high school and university by putting tonnes of extra effort in, but when it came to the real world of finding a job and being of value to a company, it's too much of a put-off for any potential employer.

I might as well squeeze whatever last few ounces of joy I can out of my life then checkout before I become a lonely, frail old man rotting in a care home. That's at least my reasoning.

You are all like women who have hit the wall, except most of you aren't even in your 30's yet.

You are in a pit because you keep repeating the same behaviors over and over again: ejaculating, giggling like little girls, referring to yourself using terms invented on Veeky Forums, etc. Stop giving your vital seed (physical and mental) to worthless, fruitless activities. You don't have to know what you're going to do, you just have to stop sinning against yourself. You don't joke about killing yourself because there's no hope for you, you do it because you know you're a living hypocrite and you know that if you can't overcome your own hypocrisy you deserve to die.

Right now the things that are holding you back are the things which give you the greatest comfort. It's not because of society that you are sinking into obscurity, it's because of the transient consolations that you cling to.

Nah, I'm just mentally ill, user. Employers would have a real hard time with me.
Cool you're a real man though... now go wear some American made Red Wing boots and jerk off over your material crap.

Attempt to survive

Yeah like I said, it's up to you. At the end of the day only you can decide what you want out of life. Good luck.

Yep stopped jerking it so much and decided to better myself.

>At the end of the day only you can decide what you want out of life

this is like anti-advice. it's just a vacuum of words that people who lack any real insight spew. you're probably in your fucking twenties as well, and you probably have no idea where you'll be in five years.

Fuck off, Dad.

You think the average person working a job is mentally sound? The higher you go the more insane people are. Your mental problems probably have to do with too much masturbation, not enough sunlight, etc.

this is some pious, pragmatic crap, user.

>You are in a pit because you keep repeating the same behaviors over and over again

Yeah like going to a fucking job every day on a crowded train that smells like spicy asshole cause of all the brown people.
i hate being a wagecuck. it's defiling my spirit.

Are you insane? I literally think you're more bonkers than me.

Are you literally one of those MGTOW-tier no fappers? Are you pretending to have read Gravity's Rainbow too?

>I've read 35 books over the past 5 months
Which ones?

Whatever you're doing to cope with it is holding you back more than the grind itself.

>are you literally!
>are you insane!
>literally

Being around women too much has made you into a woman yourself.

You're making me feel bad I spent my 1.5 years of NEEThood doing literally nothing all day. I'm truly just a worthless lazy fuck.

You really are insane, man. What are you even saying? How does semantics mean womanhood?

>stop jerking off
>go outside for fresh air
>guy in a sports car pulls over and offers me a $90k job at his independent brokerage firm with free gym membership

GUYS IT FUCKING WORKED

>Whatever you're doing to cope with it is holding you back more than the grind itself.

THIS MEANS NOTHING
STOP SHIT POSTING

>incel LARPs as a 20th century jack of all trades

Speaking in Veeky Forums memes is probably one of the biggest reasons why you people can't function in an interview. You've completely lost your own voice.

I'm NEET and an attentionlet. I could only manage 40 pages of Catch 22 today

This is what I'm saying. This place is killing you more than everything else you blame for your condition. Get off the internet. Get away from televisions, the news, from women.

Clean away the disgusting filth surrounding you, on your own body, your room, your computer, your kitchen. Clean it. Go take a walk. Go buy ingredients for hot soup and cook it. Sell the clothing you still wear from high school and put on a tie even if you're just going to the grocery store. You're not supposed to live the way you're living. That's why it doesn't feel like life. Don't let other people make you like them.

Goodbye.

There is something physically, materially, observably, clinically, medically, empirically wrong with my brain you colossal retard. It's not a problem caused by a lack of Joe Rogan downloads

GET OUT OF HERE PETERSON I DONT WANT YOUR SHITTY BOOK

This is retard-tier advice. Literally anyone with a career worth anything has to be able to use the internet.

I doubt you're in any place to pontificate.

so your advice to a new and radical way of human minds rendering reality, that is extremely addictive and insidious, that form new pathways in the brain that trick the users' ability to distill reality, is to just merely "get off" of it?

C'mon, man. This is bullshit. You gotta have more depth than that. Internet addiction is a very real thing, and is extremely terrifying when thinking of it on a societal level. Not even the greatest brains can fully predict where it'll lead us... so I'm not going to take your tepid wishful thinking.

the ship with all the kid fucking in GR, what was the name of it? What nationality was the man who watched the orgy?

i don't even know if there's anything better than being a NEET desu
i literally see nothing of value in living "normal lives", not that i think i'm better (or worse) than anyone for it, it's probably just not for me
i'm simply unable to take (modern?) life seriously enough to want anything much out of it i guess, i'm also autistic enough not to care too much what other people think about how life should be lived, my soy intake, masculinity, "usefulness to society" and spooks like that - i'm not saying that kind of self help bullshit dressed up as "politics" won't work for other people, of course, it might just not be for me
it's not like spending time with hobbies or stupid instant gratification particularly appeal to me either, or that i want to die or become homeless or whatever, i don't even feel any emptiness or particularly dislike living, i'm just generally content with not doing anything much i suppose
i'll probably read the bible and become a monk or something

Managing my 7 homes and getting sweet rental bux, I'll probably outsource this management to a company and will continue to live as a neet.
Unless there is a civil war, major disaster, alien invasion, societal breakdown I will be fine. I'm not in a spot where I can live off as a trust fund baby but I'm comfortable enough to know that I don't have to work a day if I don't want to.

And to steal from Samuel Johnson. A man tired of neetdom is tired of life. There are so many things to do, so many books to read, vidyas to play, anime and tvshows and movies to watch, hobbies to get in, languages and new stuff to learn that a century of neetdom is not enough, let alone 3-4 years.

I don't know where else to ask, but if I have humanities degree and I'm unemployed am I considered NEET?
I plan to graduate by the end of the year and I haven't failed an exam, so I want to know if I'll automatically turn into NEET if I don't work after that.

I don't understand first world country NEETS. The salary is so fucking high in your place. The avarage salary of new employed in my country is 100 euro, of longer employed is 200 euro. I bet any NEET in my country would sell his kidney just to live in your country and work at McDonalds for the rest of their life. Plus the customers and bosses in my country are slavic sociopaths.

>what is cost of living

I'm in the process of becoming a police officer. Been turned down once, been invited to test at a few other places. I've spent the past few years living at home working on my writing, reading the Greeks, the Bible, and some choice continental philosophers. I had an Army career before, but dealing with petty bullshit from fat coworkers wasn't worth the stress. At least as a police officer I know what I do matters to someone, and the extreme workouts and food/booze discipline are absolutely necessary preparation for not getting killed. And it's unlikely I'll have a useless female boss who hits on me or puts me down to make herself look good like before.

I'm going to stick with working towards building a more harmonious, ideal state hopefully until I retire. Maybe write some novellas. End goal is to buy some land, live off grid raising chickens, growing veggies, and shooting steel targets.

I am waiting for my mom and my cat to die.

yes you are an incipient a NEET

Weakness! Denial of self-will! Continue to be defined by your time and place, you insidious wretches! Submit to it like a woman!

This. Except in my case it's waiting on my mom and her cat to die.

Wow good job user, you successfully identified it as not being advice at all. It's almost as if I wasn't giving advice in the first place.

>No idea where you'll be in five years.

Yes so? Doesn't everyone? Unexpected events happen to everyone.

I'm

Fuck.

I'm pretty sure I will eventually kill myself. I have a few job prospects in the near future so supporting myself probably won't be an issue. But it's also quite likely that being employed will just drive me closer to suicide, being the lazy cynical asshole that I am

kek

I used to be a NEET. I got myself a job, but I realized after about 5 years that I fucking hated my life, so I quit and now I'm a NEET again. I might be poor and alone, but it beats working. Freedom to do what I want whenever I want for me is worth more than anything money and a good social life can give me.

I agree there is so much to do so my short time as a NEET hasn't been bad. I enjoy the solitude and I have been able to be at peace with myself and who I am for the first time in my life. However, I believe entertainment and comfort do not lead to the growth I'm hoping to get out of life.

Good on ya. Just don't become some jaded fat pig.

>End goal is to buy some land, live off grid raising chickens, growing veggies, and shooting steel targets.
Do you want to open a YouTube channel on guns and ammunition too?

lay in bed and shitpost

I liked this post user.
I've also thought of becoming a monk.
I stayed in an old monastery above the hills of Florence last summer and it was very peaceful.

How do people even afford being NEET?

Is it possible to get a translation job without a degree?
Translating texts is like the only slightly marketable skill I possess (and enjoy) but it seems really competitive.

Yes. But you will be forced to translate texts in ridiculously short amounts of time and won't be given a voice at all in choosing what you translate. Oh and the payoff will be really shit.

Im 30 years old and a permanent NEET. I've had a few jobs for a small period of time but I could never adjust. The NEET lifestyle has broken my brain.

dude you're not even good at advice so stop giving advice fuck

doing things is for losers

>I don't understand why material comfort doesn't make your life happier and more fulfilling
That's because you're a fucking retard 2bh. You grew up in a slavic country so you're too stupid to understand that your hedonist logic is directly responsible for virtually all evil and discontent in the modern world. Fortunately us first worlders with leisure time are able to let you know that your problems aren't actual problems, and "affluenza" or "being a first world NEET loser bitch" or whatever sullen and envious slur that comes to your mind, is the most pressing and spiritually troubling issue of our time today. Moreover, if you continue to ignore the pains of consumerism and materialism and continue to lust after mediocrity, electronics, and cheeseburgers, your society will one day "advance" to the point where it will join ours in mass suicide.

>In life its pay now or pay later.
this

>implying that anyone who can afford to be a NEET has any chance of gaining the self assurance for a fulfilling life
You've been duped kids

I'm turning 27 in exactly 1 week. The only thing I've done in the last 10 years is move out. 10 fucking years where I've done nothing of worth. Nothing for myself, nor for anyone else. Pretty sure I'm going to end it all before reaching 30.

>posts on Veeky Forums

>tfw modern day environment has this being thrown around as a real excuse
Nigga, no one gives a flying fuck if you're mentally ill

you need to fucking travel

I've looked into becoming a monk myself. It's not like 15th century France where you just wander into a monastery and pray alongside your brothers with the approval of your superior. They want job histories, references from "close friends," and a detailed account of your life and faith that demonstrates your self-direction and drive to serve God. Many monks formerly had prestigious jobs like engineers or academics, and virtually all were involved in some form of community engagement through charities, soup kitchens, etc.

>because I am too stupid to understand the causes and effects of mental illness, mental illness is within your personal control
You sound like you have an IQ of about 80 2bh

Are you serious? Lord preserve me.

I managed to neet for 5 (five) years with 2k in my name and 350 neetbux per month. I was about to run out of money and inherited surprise money from my aunt who gave it all to me and my sister (there's like 20 cousins in the family, they got none lol). It's like the universe wants me to be NEET.

Well it varies monastery to monastery, but this is the case for just about every Trappist monastery I've read about in the U.S. They want to make sure you're of sound mental and emotional health before joining, and they want to make sure you're going to commit to a life of prayer and work when you join. I don't blame them, you're going to be living in extremely close quarters with fifteen men for an extended period of time. They don't want mentally ill hobos looking for a free meal or suicidal NEETs who couldn't cut it in the real world.