Am I a brainlet for not understanding the metamorphosis? what did kafka mean by this?

Am I a brainlet for not understanding the metamorphosis? what did kafka mean by this?

it redpill it show how neet white nationalists who care for virtue are being genocided and discarded by an evil society of jewish bolschevicm

It was about illness

>what if you were a big ol' buggy

It's about depression.

Nah you're not a brainlet, honestly it's not his best work. The Trial is much better, but even that is not for everyone. I personally find Kafka a bit overrated

it's about being a worthless jew shithead who doesn't contribute to the family he lives with, suddenly at a certain age, they look at him as though he's a freakish monster, and he is one, all their love lost for him as his metamorphosis into a worthless and disgusting vermin is complete.

Gregor was a fag who thought himself high and mighty due to (((bureaucracy))) and due to a fragile sentiment of male responsibility, but his family was much better off without him in the end. Unfortunately his sister replaces him in the Samsara of meaninglessness and becomes the unbearable head of the house to the others, of whom they must be dependent on, to the point of crippling.

You can always read Kafka as daddy issues with daddy replaced by a Lovecraftian horror that cannot ever be conciliated or contended with; he was a frail little man who longed for the attention of an abusive parent (at once something surreal and impossible) and could never give himself in to actual reciprocity in relationships, and this is what shapes all of his works.

so I could've just watched the believer instead?

It was about a bugman

never seen it. but probably.

Books don't always have a "meaning"

It was about unable to help his sister during the holocaust

The work is a mirror for our own demons. Whatever reasons we come up with for his metamorphosis are inevitably our own perception of our inadequacies. His reasons for being outcast, transformed, are obscured with such perfection that we are left to come up with our own explanation. In reality, I believe Kafka in no way wished for his works to be revealed to the public, and likely had no true theme beyond a personal experience unlikely to be understood at large.

You'll get thirty different answers to this question from thirty different people. None are wrong.

bugs...

It's about a man who's fucked and can't do anything about it. Then he dies and everyone is happy.
I can relate to that.

>You'll get thirty different answers to this question from thirty different people. None are wrong.
this. i mean, kafka is in no way one of my favorite writers but i do enjoy reading his work.

He thought it was funny

I think it's an allegory of a man who is injured or falls ill and can't work anymore. It's meant to point out how men are only valued for our economic production and when that's taken away we are perceived as utterly worthless and repulsive.

I'd laugh by myself too if I were a jew

it’s about Kafka’s isolation and detachment from his family when he decidedly became an artist and rejected his career as a lawyer. It also has some light critique to living as just another brick in an economical model that doesn’t value the individual as more than just an artifact for this model.

how is it about depression user? i dont get it

Him turning into a bug is metaphor for him getting depressed.

Gregor ceases to be useful to his family, so they immediately start treating him like shit. Only his sister holds out and makes an attempt to be kind, but even her kindness can only last so long in a society that values young men primarily as breadwinners.

Once Gregor dies, his family is no longer burdened by his presence, so they move right on without thinking too much about it.

I wouldn’t talk about depression in any work pre 1950

Sickness of being a neurotic wageslave turns him into a bug; ensuing events further reveal the justification for his neuroticism in a traditional wageslave society.

The reality is no one knows exactly what he meant by it so you can make your own case for what it’s about or just adopt whatever explanation you feel is most convincing

Okay, but you're not the author of the Metamorphosis.

he's just ugly omega man so nobody likes him, they merely tolerate him at most
then he fails to bring money into family and everyone starts to like him even less
that is all, the fate of ugly unpopular people, who do not do anything wrong per se, they are just ugly and disliked by everyone
a premise that should be rather easily understood by you guys haha.

Personally I think the reason it leaves such deep and far-reaching impressions and has such lasting power is because it can be understood almost limitlessly. Everyone has their own experience of becoming a "roach."

>Everyone has their own experience of becoming a "roach."
Ahh that cold sticky feeling.

What does In the Penal Colony mean

It wasn't real. It was all in his ventral neural ganglia.

It's about being opressed as a coleoptera-identifying otherkin.

>The Yellow Wallpaper