This copy is an abridged version. Where can one buy the full two volumes...

This copy is an abridged version. Where can one buy the full two volumes? Because Ive been completely unable to find the full two volumes. Something is fucky.

Other urls found in this thread:

ia800304.us.archive.org/12/items/Decline-Of-The-West-Oswald-Spengler/Decline_Of_The_West.pdf
abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&an=&tn=&kn=spengler decline knopf&isbn=
amazon.com/Decline-West-Actuality-Perspectives-World-History/dp/B0016511PQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

(((They))) don't want you to read this.

Oh God not the jews again. But seriously does anybody know where one can buy the FULL TWO VOLUMES UNALTERED UNEDITED

>Where can one buy the full two volumes?

I don't believe the complete thing is being sold.
A full ebook version is available though I think.

(((They))) own the publishing companies.

You can't.

Why the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck not?

How is this even possible?

Surely there msut be at elast one shop selling the full two volumes? I need this book, it's impossible to read pdfs on a monitor.

Daily reminder that Spengler was wrong and pic related refutes him.

Reported for delaying the thread. Go back

Faggot
Both volumes aren't in print anymore. You can buy them used, but I don't think anyone is asking for less than 150

just read it online
ia800304.us.archive.org/12/items/Decline-Of-The-West-Oswald-Spengler/Decline_Of_The_West.pdf

The book is not 'reactionary' except in a superficial sense.

And what he meant by decline, or untergang, is the decline of what he calls Culture, which doesn't have much to do with material conditions, actually the highly mechanized nature of late civilization is for Spengler a sign that the Culture has passed.

>rising income inequality
>rising sexual inequality
>rising stress mental illness etc
its only better if you are in the top echelons

Library

Buy them online. In my case I found the 2 volume 1950 edition published by Knopf (translated by Charles Francis Atkinson) at a university used book sale.

abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&an=&tn=&kn=spengler decline knopf&isbn=

There are a bunch of them here.

Do people who have read the abridged version recommend it?

try university libraries, the one I read was unabridged.

it was pretty good, not sure how much was cut out, but Hughes, the abridger, wrote Spengler: A Critical Estimate, which I'm reading now. Seems pretty good, and so far as I can tell, the most important bits were left in the abridged version. Very interesting, very thought provoking.

Both volumes are on bookdepository.

These are all just signs that another world war is coming. Read about the early 20th century, a lot of parallels between 2010's and nineteen noughts

>These are all just signs that another world war is coming

Between who?

Does it matter?

India and pakis

Never understood what he had against Marxism.

Spengler? His view of history is impossible to reconcile with Marxism. For one thing it's entirely mystical or idealistic, instead of material, and for another it is cyclical rather than progressive.

He barely even talks about Marx though

ass

i didn't get much out of that book Basically societies are living things that are born, live an die. Modern art is shit and the italians perfected it during a short period of time, the egyptians look at life and death as a straight line. Western people look up at the sky and eastern people look across the horizon. That's about all I remember.

most relevant parts of the book are in the second half.

democracy and enlightenment rationalism are on their way out, in large part due to their own failures. democracy will be replaced with what spengler called caesarism, in which charismatic strongmen rule and personalities become more important than actual policy, while rationalism is also on its way out, to be replaced with a "second religiousness", though many of its ideas will influence the new religious worldview

how much was cut out of the original two volumes? estimating.

>Modern art is shit and the italians perfected it during a short period of time, the egyptians look at life and death as a straight line. Western people look up at the sky and eastern people look across the horizon.
Are you sure you even read the book lol

>will be replaced
are you retarded? caesarism already happened

he means an empire of the West ruled over by one man, the way that Caesar took command of Rome.

Spengler died in 36 but he didn't think Hitler was the right person to lead the Germans into this stage. Germany was also rekt by Russia, which per Spengler's own theories was an alien people, and therefore cannot be predicted by the normal stages of civilziaiton. He says that between different cultures there is no logic, it is 'senseless'

Roughly half by looking at the page count.

Damn you cant abridge a book by cutting half of it, this is a travesty, I am determined to get the full two books by any means necessary, how in the hell is it possible that such a high demand book only has an abridged version?

you can get a pdf of both volumes on archive.org

reading books at the computer sucks

Imagine being the guy that accidentally bought an abridged version, what a fool! He has been duped and througly ridiculed. The bureaucratic mess he has to go through to return the book taunts him.

Get a kindle paperwhite brah, only $120

Is this you? Hey at least the cover is cool and recognizable, I'd just get the pdf and then you can compare the 2

amazon.com/Decline-West-Actuality-Perspectives-World-History/dp/B0016511PQ

its called a laptop you fucking 15 year old

have fun being put on one of the highest lists for buying this book

You reading that book isn't going to make your hate for blacks and gays any more justified

Spengler, like Toynbee, is a "must" read for history and philosophy degrees.

No its not. No real philosopher or historian takes him seriously

A lot of people were influenced by Spengler. If you go to his WIki page there's a big list of them, includes all sorts of people, from Heidegger and Wittgenstein to the Beat writers and Northrop Frye

The Decline of the West is hardly some banned book, it's mostly just mystical philosophy of history

My University library has it.

I'm sure most do.

Is it read a lot?

learn german and buy an original copy

I own both volumes but they're in Dutch

you’re stupid as fuck nigger

marxism is materialist

ha ha, hoo hoo, the irony