ITT: Most misleading book covers

Also can someone give me a book that accurately fits 2666's cover

I love that cover so much

I've not read 2666 but the cover has always made me think its really grim and fucked up.

me too....
its nonsense unfortunately. days later and I am still disappointed.

i mean, it is.

seems like it's quite fitting in tone and mood, on top of being striking. what's wrong with it?

anyway maybe you'd like pic related.

painting is Jupiter and Semele by Gustave Moreau if anyone was wondering. 19th c French symbolist

or this

if you didnt like 2666 then i doubt we're gonna make much progress here. i thought it was a great book

I don't think is that misleading though, remember the Demonic penitent?

It feels apocalyptic, fucked-up, bleak, and yet poetic. Haven't read it myself, is it not like this?

most definitely like what you describe. with the apocalyptic part being subtle, not "rivers of lava and fire rain" but more like Holy shit this is fucked up and is a sign of the end.

>Jupiter and Semele by Gustave Moreau
thanks user

Also has the virtue of being a completely awful cover.

The Brits surely are dull and tasteless even their book covers suck.

It definitely feels apocalyptic from what I read especially the whole Giant uncle thing

I really want this cover in a spanish edition.

Ir exists though, vintage edition, 2009.

That cover of GR isn't that widely available in the UK, user. We have the rainbow rocket one.

You're not wrong though, a lot of book covers in the UK are poor compared to others. Always felt annoyed we got shafted by the large typeface covers of Cormac McCarthy's books. Those books are much more subtler than the covers would have you believe.

In paperback with shitty stickers and quotes in the art.

I would also like a clean hardcover Ñ edition. :(

Still better than Anagrama or Alfaguara

I prefer hardcover Anagrama.

>I wonder if you have any books by George Orwell
>Science fiction is over there, sir
REEEEEEEE

The cover is fine, but the size makes it really uncomfortable to carry anywhere.

The Anagrama is ok because the color and the photo save it. Alfaguara edition is the biggest (literally) pile of shit out there.

hey guys don't judge a book by it's cover.

HAHAHA

I'm so depressed.