>britbongs pronounce Don Quixote "Don Quicksot"
Are they retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OD50PDW0lnY
youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

El Hispano...

Based Italians write it "Don Chisciotte" so they can't pronounce it wrong.

>not recognizing Don QuickShot, toughest windmill rustler in the Old West

Donkey HO tehe.

Lmao, fucking plebs. I can't take anyone serious who mispronounces Don Quixote. For the last time, it's "Key-Hottie."

I pronounce it Don key ho Tay

>the anglophone writes one way but pronounces in a different way
>a single letter sounds different depending on some retarded rules of proximity
fuck that noise.

Don ki-kyoto (´・ω・`)

It amuses me to see how true to type I run in the one particular; I am as unintelligently and absurdly jealous of the injustices, inhumanities, iniquities, of our language as any good Briton is of those inhering in his flagitious imperialism.
Like him, I refuse to see them as unjust, inhumane, iniquitous. I insist that they are just, beneficent, and in accordance with the will of God. If foreigners have trouble with them, I agree
that it is most unfortunate, but really we can't think of regularising the exquisitely asymmetrical symmetries of our noble tongue merely to accommodate foreigners. Let the foreigner
sweat them out for himself; it serves him right for his presumption in having been born to the use of a language so far inferior. My French blood rises up at this, calling it the bland hypocritical arrogance of VAlbion perfide, la Grande Voleuse,
Then, English-like, I am moved to insist in all honesty that it is nothing of the kind. It is merely the humble and pious recognition of certain verities which were established before
the foundations of the world were laid. Since our adorable Creator, in His wisdom and in His loving-kindness, endowed the Briton with the natural right to rule, it was fitting that He
should have endowed him with command of a majestic and imperial language. Since He ordained the immeasurable
superiority of British character, customs, laws and institutions, the Untouchables of the world must respect the idiom in which that superiority is not only proclaimed but exhibited.
It is painful to find this attitude put down as arrogant and hypocritical when we Britons are actually the most simplehearteof mankind; but what is one to do?

Don kwee-zshote

Not as bad as reading "lieutenant" as "leftenant/left-tenant"

AARGH I hate the British for that type of shit
Same with ideology

What is Don Quixote even about?
I only know that there is some knight who fights against windmills.

how quixotic of them

Guy reads a bunch of shit about chivalry and decides to be a knight. Comical adventures ensue.

Don King Kong

Think of a delusional NEET that read too much manga and one day decided to wander aimlessly around the countryside with the hope of becoming a shonen protagonist, only instead of otaku entertainment, he was obsessed with chivalry tales of knights. He even has a freaking waifu that doesn't exist.

I said
Whoever threw that paper
You're mom's quixo

xaxaxaxa?

It's Don Quijote.

J.

Why do Brits pronounce sensual as senth-zual?

Kwee-jodee?

underrated

>hear people pronounce Niche as nitch
>lose my marbles

Please kill yourself

Amerifriends pronounce it Donkey Shot Amerifriends are also incapable of making a straight O sound without turning it into an OW/OH, rendering them incapable of pronouncing almost all European names with an O in it, such as Schopenhauer, which becomes Showpenhauer in the mouth of an american. They turn Camus into Camooh, and Nietzsche into Ni-shii. Kierkegaard becomes Kirk-e-god, Derrida becomes The Rider, Sloterdijk becomes Slaughter-Dick, Platon becomes play-doh. I am capable of taking americans seriously when they write, but honestly, as soon as they open their mouth, it just becomes too silly. Brits are about as bad, but their accent still has that sneer of imperialism in it, which makes me respect it more.

Isn't the x pronounced like the Russian x or the German ch? I mean a harsh gargling sound in the throat.

>he still pronounced it wrong
Lmao'ing at your life right now

>there's a difference between O and Oh in pronunciation
Wew lad
>O being pronounced as Ow
This literally never happens

How do you pronounce Quixotic?

I have heard quicks-ah-tick and key-ho-tick.

The weak should fear the strong.

>OW
>They turn Camus into Camooh
>Kierkegaard becomes Kirk-e-god
>Derrida becomes The Rider
Literally no ones does this. You are either making this up or need to get your ears checked.

Kierkegaard is unironically "Kiegå".

I... I just don't believe you user

Quixotic is not pronounced in the same way as Quixote and it is annoying

OI FUK U CUNT. WE INVENED THE FOOKIN LANGUAGE U DUMB YANK. HOPE YER MUM GITS CANCER.

Most brits dont even know Don Quixote evists.
>I originally pronounced it as Don Kicks e oh tay. Now I pronounce it, Don Kay oh tay
t.bong

finally someone who's read lysander larouche's tainted star series

>not "in the Old World"
8/10

How are they supposed to know if they've never heard it pronounced before

Wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=OD50PDW0lnY

The first one was actually closer, its 'Quix-ote' - its not in contemporary Latin American Spanish, hence its not pronounced like youre a fuckin Mexican taco vendor

Bong Peyote

LMAO

It's "key-hoe-tay" not "kay-oh-tay".

It's keyrkgo
Key like key, but urk or irk at the end keyrk/kierk, and go as in GOOOOOOOAL.
>The D is silent.

>key-ho-tay
Your still wrong. Lmao

>key-hoe-tay
You're still wrong lmao

And it's keirk-go not key-irk-go
Captain Kirkgo.

>pronounced Don Juan as "Dawn Jew-ann"
Why was he allowed to get away with this?

Italians can't pronounce it right because they don't use aspirations.

In modern spanish, yeah

Original castilian had it as Quixote, pronounced kee-SHO-teh

I don't get this, it doesn't even follow logically

No.

isn't it qwee-ho-tay?

Kee-hoh-teh

This shit really rattled my autism. I kept wondering what the fuck was wrong with the meter, why one syllable was often missing, for the better part of the first canto.

Spanish is for non-whites

oh god it's real

>DVD Talk panned the film, writing "The best thing about Donkey Xote is its title, a whimsically mischievous little pun. The worst thing about Donkey Xote is everything else."[25] They felt that, while the filmmakers asserted they were making a sequel to a literary classic, their work was less inspired by Cervantes, so much as it was DreamWorks. They noted the tone was "non-stop Shrek, so much so that the Eddie Murphy character gets a shout-out"[25] when the character of Rucio jokes "the only talking donkey I know is a friend of mine who hangs out with a green ogre".[25]

Don's Quicksort

It's Nee - Shay right?

Slavs pronounce it Don Kihot.

This. A fucking miracle!

>tfw pronounce it "Donkey shot"

x and j had the same sound before grammar was standarized in Spanish.

Spaniards pronounce it with a key-ho-tey

>the stranger
>not the foreigner
just...

Translating the Stranger to the Foreigner is such a quintessential example of Anglo autism

only melvynn brsgg does this, and he's from yorkshire

Which aspiration is used for Don Quixote?
I pronounce it Quijote, cuz mexican af.

Not even semantically. WTF

Quijotesco...

>subtly implying yanks are spics
i like this post

We pronounce it "Dough Keyshot"
t. portuguese and it's my literal favourite book.

yo, how do I pronounce Borges

Yet you say kernel, nigger

Bohr-khess

>Use a writing system to represent spoken language
>Except it's actually useless at doing so and it's so shitty you still need to hear the actual words being spoken to make any sense of it
lmaoing@anglos

Why would I pronounce it? I've ever only read it.

Don Kihot
It's not difficult, I don't get why certain languages insist on making their spelling/pronunciation deliberately convoluted

Arguing how to pronounce Danish:

youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk

Patrician way to say it if you're hwhyte.. Anything else is bitch shit.

t. spic