This is how Catholics behave

>this is how Catholics behave

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mVMmIJiqSJc
youtube.com/watch?v=zcOTkbhlEIg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Guadalupe#Early_history
virginmotherofguadalupe.com/our-lady-of-guadalupe-image/message-symbols
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I was raised Catholic I'll admit, but I will never understand why Protestants think they will gain by shunning Jesus Christ's mother.

Why do protestants hate the Holy Mother so much bros
Will they ever understand

>not worshipping her as a literal goddess
>'Shunning'
>'hate'
>this is how Catholics see things

First of all, it takes five seconds of research to find out that Catholics don't worship Mary as a goddess.
Second of all, who is to say that she isn't?

She's a saint not a goddess.
That's the whole point of the saints, that they can help you by being more accessible and relatable than God

if digits, mary is a goddess

It very closely resembles such a practice though.
>who is to say that she isn't
The Bible, the churchfathers, pretty much everyone actually.

>Catholics worship Kek now too

>they're just dead people with a special link to a source of omniscient and omnipotent power, but they're not Gods, that would be silly

So it is then

based

>Let Catholics examine whether they are in any way concerned in this verse.

>mary
>a dirty blonde
she was a qt pure jewish waifu

Reminder

icecold

>protestants in charge of interpreting scripture ever

Monotheists are not welcome on this board.

reminder

Nice argument.
>sed contra: muh church father said x y
>t. Doctor Aquinas

Autism.

Hey everyone!!

I'm an atheist and I want religion, and I want some form of Christianity.
Is there a difference between American Protestantism and European Protestantism?
What are the main differences between Catholicism and Orthodoxy?
If I am going to be religious it has to be genuine, but there are just too many different types of the Christian faith that I just don't know what to do.
I guess what I'm asking is: redpill me on your specific type of Christianity, if you please.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen

Amen

Start with the Bible desu, at that point you'll have naturally found your way to protestantism

REEE MARY CANNOT BESTOW GRACE
THOUGH SHE WAS BLESSED, SHE STILL REQUIRES THE GRACE OF GOD FOR HER SALVATION
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

youtube.com/watch?v=mVMmIJiqSJc

calm the fuck down bro she just interceding and shit

why can't we be friends guys

Amen

L*ther

Mary can and does bestow grace. Stay mad.
We /marist/ now

>It very closely resembles such a practice though.

No it doesn't. Because we don't offer her ritual sacrifices, which is what the pagans offered to their gods.
And yet it does, because Mary is a goddess in the sense of a being raised to celestial power and glory. She is more powerful than any of the pagan gods were.

Jesus isn't the God of the dead, he said so himself. The saints are alive in Christ.

Read the Bible. It literally says that we are gods.

>I have said: You are gods and all of you the sons of the most High.

>Jesus answered them: Is it not written in your law: I said you are gods?

If the Christians on earth are "gods", then how much more those in heaven. Read the Bible.

Do you offer ritual sacrifices to God? (Don't answer that, I don't want to know what you quasi-pagans do)
You
>make icons of her
>pray to said icons
>daily
>as a central part of your practice

>Do you offer ritual sacrifices to God?
Yes, we call it the Mass or the Divine Liturgy.

>make icons of her
>pray to said icons
>daily
>as a central part of your practice
These are not ritual sacrifices. Ritual sacrifices involve a victim sacrificed upon an altar.

youtube.com/watch?v=zcOTkbhlEIg

>>Do you offer ritual sacrifices to God?
>Yes [...]
>[...] Ritual sacrifices involve a victim sacrificed upon an altar.
Nigger what

My point was first and foremost this: Ritual sacrifice is not an essential feature of worship of Gods. The fact that you do not sacrifice lambs to Mary does not yet mean that your worship of her does not resemble the worship of Gods.

What's wrong with worshiping Mary?

Catholics do not pray to mary to worship her as a goddess, but to ask her to interfere before god
You know this user

You're right, we do worship Mary and the saints, but it's not the same kind of worship that is offered to God. Worship just means reverence. Mayors in English parlance are referred to as "The Worshipful". Any kind of reverence can be seen as a form of worship. A man keeping the image of his dead wife and lightning a candle on her birthday can be seen as a kind of worship. But we distinguish between the worship of latria, which is offered to God alone, and which involves ritual sacrifice; and the worship of dulia, which is offered to spiritually elevated creatures like the saints, and excludes ritual sacrifice.

Is that the Haydock Bible? I've been reading it and it's full of snarky comments like that about Protestants lol.

I've never known any Catholics, only disaffected atheists descended from Protestants. What's the actual beef here?

Amen

500 years ago a bunch of Catholics got upset about the state of the Church, broke off, started their own group which splintered into thousands of pieces, causing wars and religion to fall into disrepute all throughout Europe. These people, now called Protestants, are still complaining about the same things they did 500 years ago, and still pretend that their dividing Christians into countless sects was somehow a needed reform of Christianity that we all benefited from.

so this is the power of christianity... i'm intrigued

So what about interacting with Catholics in the present day

Protestants are still mad that German retards were stupid enough in the 1500s to pay to go to heaven, while the rest of the world was laughing at them. One day, the smartest German of all time was born, Martin Luther, who had an IQ of 70. He told people that the church was bad and that you can only base your religion on scripture (which was invented by the Church lmao). Also he blamed it all on the jews because he was a german retard. Also he thinks that you can go to heaven just for believing in Jesus and not for actually doing anything good.
As you can see, this is a completely retarded, Germanic but I repeat myself way of thinking, so to make up for getting completely BTFO in every theological debate the protestants have taken to making up retarded things about Catholics to try to level the playing field.

Mary's special status is revealed when Gabriel calls her "full of grace" before she becomes pregnant with Jesus. This indicates that she was free from sin, even from Original Sin. This is where the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception comes from.

>hey, guys, maybe donating to Lardy McLardass XXVIII's confectionary fund is not what was meant by 'good deeds' and in any case does not redeem you from 'getting that sweet boipussy' (or whatever is the royal fashion as of late)
>HOW DARE YOU QUESTION ME, BOY
>*unleashes the bull on you*

>Nuh-uh, you're not allowed to translate the Gospel into the common language of your time and place. The only authoritative version is my translation into the common language of the time and place.

tbf most protestant retards i meet try to argue theology based on semantics in their shitty translation of the bible

Conversing with the average Protestant is an excellent argument against the "priesthood of all believers." Come to think of it, so is conversing with the average Catholic.

>you cannot enter heaven but through the men I have licensed to wear my funny dresses

yeah people are retards, that's why we have the church

The discourse here is reaching Veeky Forums levels. Honestly, a bit sad.

I am just baiting desu, not even a Christian. But it's funny to see you guys go at it.

>She is more powerful than any of the pagan gods were.
Are you actually admitting that pagan gods exist(ed)?
Are you actually, honestly saying "my gods are stronger than your gods", like a child that says "my dad is stronger than your dad"?
This sort of thinking isn't funny, it isn't even sad, it's bizarre.

You know what he meant. *theists are not welcome here.

The Bible, the Church fathers, the saints, the mystics: all say that the pagan gods existed, and that they were demons disguising themselves.

I have no problem with the idea of God, a perfect being, and the story of Jesus is powerful, but don't you think having demons in disguise tricking whole nations into believing in bullshit for millennia is a bit too much?

You believe she's literally the mother of Jesus x queen of Mary and even co-redemtrix. That's spooky enough for me.

No, because all cultures from all over the world have pretty much attested to it.

Wait, wait, all cultures have attested to WHAT!?

To the existence of demons and their interference in human affairs. Hermes Trismegistus, an ancient Egyptian priest, said that their "gods" were made by binding the spirits of demons to stone idols. His works are still referred to by modern occultists.

This is the literal text of the Hail Mary, point out the idolatry:
>Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee.
Someone born without sin, and assumed into heaven, is probably with the lord.
>Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
I think that’s fairly uncontroversial.
>Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death
You’re literally asking someone who we can be fairly certain is in heaven(and still alive as a result) to pray for you.

But you literally can’t buy indulgences anymore.

So you're saying that demons are more likely to exist than God, because, since the number of people who believe in something is relevant to that thing's truthfulness, there are more people who believe(d) in demons than christians.

So how do you reconcile that with "all have fallen short of the glory of God?"

Literally if you aren't Catholic or Orthodox, what are you doing?

Look for god by yourself instead of blindly following some arbitrary circlejerk of child rapists, KGB or ruthless materialists.

Ignore the other plebs and become a Gnostic instead.

Do Lutherans even count as "Christians" according to Protestants? Pic related is them worshiping the Eucharist. If not, then you can't Bach as one of your own.

Amen

>worshiping a pagan vagina god that appeared after the conquistadors sacked an Aztec fertility shrine
>the most visited Catholic holy site on earth is literally a former temple to a pagan snake-vagina goddess
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Guadalupe#Early_history

ever wonder why catholics are such momma's boys

what about mormons? arent they batshit crazy?

they seem slightly insane but it's cool to have a america based version of monotheism, plus if they can hook me up with a job and wife i'm in there like swimwear, next stop salt like city

virginmotherofguadalupe.com/our-lady-of-guadalupe-image/message-symbols

Aztecs saw her as greater than the "snake-vagina god" and Our Lady shows her humility in the Tilma when she looks down in prayer. Oh yeah, it's no surprise that the Virgin Mary crushes the head of the serpent with her heel and that Our Lady appeared to St. Juan Diego on the hill of the former "snake-vagina goddess" temple. It's almost like Our Lady vanquishes the Aztec pagan god, huh?

Oh too, Our Lady is depicted standing in front of the Sun, the Aztec god of war and human sacrifice, signifying that the Aztecs need not human sacrifice anymore (cuz Jesus) and that even she was greater than their god.

Go to that website. It shows the significance and superiority of the Tilma's image in relation to Aztec codices and Aztec beliefs.

>catholics are literally proud to worship ancient demons

> [thumps bible in protestant]
His audience was of an age where ritual alone constituted satisfaction to the gods. Jesus merely asks them for personal investment in prayer. In no way does the Catholic church violate this request.

>this user is literally a vegetable

Catholicism has been doomed since Nicea. When the church surrendered its philosophical Platonic roots, it was inevitable they would adopt magical thinking and become a synthesis of any alien superstitions they encountered. Only monastics can really count as Catholics.

The criticism here is mostly justified. This thread is still cancer tho.

nice misreading, must be in the stubborn ignorant autistic Protestant genes. read it again, it's a set of imperative declarations. not an ask, and not mere investment.

I'm in a bit of a religious rut (Catholic v. Orthodox) too. Here's what I recommend
1. Read The Bible multiple times (I read it twice and now am reading just the New Testament for the third time)
2. Read Philip Schaff's History of the Christian Religion vols 1 and 2, then the Ante-Nicene Fathers
3. Read Philip Schaff's History of the Christian religion volume 3, then the Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers
After this, you should have a good, well-rounded view of the faith of Christ

>Catholicism has been doomed since Nicea. When the church surrendered its philosophical Platonic roots, it was inevitable they would adopt magical thinking and become a synthesis of any alien superstitions they encountered. Only monastics can really count as Catholics.

as a church history smoothbrain can you explain this more pls

He is a church history smoothbrain trying to lead you astray

Catholics literally think and act like Pagans. Oh, we have to light the magic candles so we can eat the magic bread while we say the magic words. GTFO you people need Luther in your life

Luther was a heretic, pray for his soul :-(

I really wish he stayed in the Church. He wrote beautiful stuff on the grace of God, truly. If he reformed the Church from within and didn't compromise any teachings, we would see a Lutheran order.

>Luther is a heretic
>but re-purposing Zoroastrian holidays is fine

Luther is probably the gayest academic of any kind in history and I say that as a plaonist.

Luther tried. I really do think it was a two-way problem, both the Papacy and Luther were too stubborn and it destroyed Christendom

> magic bread
Luther believed in "magic bread" too, you imbecile.

What days?

Probably not true, but you're acting like that's the final nail in the coffin for Catholicism lol

You know I've heard that he didn't wish to start a new Church; I'm not totally well versed though. And yeah, I wish it would've been resolved, but still that does not mean Luther should've ignited such a fire

Nicea created an oppressive doctrine. for the sake of uniformity (and the suppression of heresy), nobody had to think anymore. just think and pray the way we tell you and you're golden. the church did still have questions that theologians needed to answer, but they built their fallacious new mythologies on top of bad readings of the new testament and old. that is, it was more important their readings didn't rock the boat and conformed to the mythos agreed upon at Nicea than they actually make sense or be worthwhile. this is how you get thousands of years of lamebrains arguing about the nature of the trinity, and if god (The One) had anything to do with it. fucking retards.

Which is why we don’t deify Luther. He set us on the right path, but we’re not gonna pray to him

have fun in Hell i mean heaven for worshipping a Greco-Judaic demon which compels pedophilia, sado-masochism and hyper violence in its followers

have fun with your koreans and niggers

Have fun in "Confession" I mean private time with ol’ Father Anderson

do you actually believe in Hell and think that user is going there? or is this just post-sincerity memeing