Why do you believe in God, user?

I'm born a Jew but which God should I believe in, user? How can i know?

Other urls found in this thread:

therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/lanciano.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_I-3CJUraCE&t=2s
catholicapologetics.info/
faculty.umb.edu/gary_zabel/Courses/Phil 281b/Philosophy of Magic/Arcana/Neoplatonism/Pythagoras/index.shtml.html
newadvent.org/fathers/3304.htm).
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Believe all of them

I just don't care. If he's real or not I'll find out when I die so speculating on it is wasted time

Agnostic deist masterrace here, mostly because of the Aristotle/Aquinas cosmological arguments desu

>speculating on it is wasted time
christian dogma teaches that through faith you can live in communion with the trinitarian god in this life, so its not only about after death stuffs, user. Christianity holds that you would be better of right now in this moment

>aquinas
>agnostic deist
are you sure you didn't just read his wikipedia page?

how do I believe in god, the bible and understand faith if I'm a brainlet yet I'm not that much of a brainlet
whats the quick rundown on modern christian apologists?

Look up the historical facts for the resurrection.
Look up Aquinas's 5 ways(for a necessary first cause). Research the Eucharistic Miracle of Lanciano. Research Our Lady of Guadalupe. Research Our Lady of Fatima.

You just gotta be openminded, my friend.

Eucharistic Miracle: Research the story first; Wiki works. And then read the scientific facts about the miracle here:
>therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/lanciano.html
Guadalupe: Research the story on Wiki. Then watch this:
>youtube.com/watch?v=_I-3CJUraCE&t=2s
Fatima: Research this one too.

Here's a cool website for Catholic Apologetics too:
>catholicapologetics.info/

And if you have more questions, look up Catholic Answers. They are good too.

God bless you, user.

Be suspicious of anyone who uses more than one logical argument to prove the same point; one sound argument is proof enough.

Different arguments for different people. Why would having more than one argument for the same point be bad? That doesn't make sense.

Too, I suppose we should be suspicious of men who prove the Pythagorean theorem in more than one way... See how that is ridiculous?

>faculty.umb.edu/gary_zabel/Courses/Phil 281b/Philosophy of Magic/Arcana/Neoplatonism/Pythagoras/index.shtml.html

Regardless of all these mental gymnastics and folk tales, the reality is the creator of the universe did not kill himself to save a portion of higher mammals from eternal hellfire.

I believe in God but not any specific one from past or current religions. It also (from my own opinion of course) does not care about us. It's a game.

Be suspicious of anyone who wants to prove matters of the soul using logic and rationality

sad deistic reductionist :-(

checked. You should believe in the God of your fathers Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Become an Orthodox Christian. Knowledge of God is attained through the heart. Read the Gospel of John. The Arena by Fr Josiah Trenham is a good podcast (recordings of his sermons, mostly). A good introductory book is "An Exposition of the Orthodox Faith" by St John of Damascus (newadvent.org/fathers/3304.htm). Another decent introductory book is "The Orthodox Way" by Metropolitan Kallistos.

In St Gregory Palamas's discussions with Barlaam, he tells him that Aquinas's absolute divine simplicity leads to atheism.

>Barlaamite. They claim that God is active essence but that he has no other activity besides His essence lest He be a composite being.
>
>Take caution that they do not bestow upon God “active” as an empty sound of a word, while they contrive precisely by that fact to lead astray those who are in dialogue with them. For the divine Maximos says: “Just as it is impossible to be without being, so is it not possible to be active without activity.” [To Marinus 200C] Hence, by taking away the divine activity and by fusing it with essence by saying that the activity does not differ from that essence, they have made God an essence without activity. And not only that, but they have also completely annihilated God’s being itself and they have become atheists in the universe [a world without god]; for the same Maximos says: “When the divine and human activity is taken away, there is no God, nor man.” [To Marinus 96B; cf. 201AB] For it is absolutely necessary that the person who says that the activity in God is not different from his essence falls into the trap of atheism.

believe in all of them. it's called Syncretic faith.

works for "Bob".

Reminder that Aquinas' Five Ways are fallacious arguments and that Clarke had a much better cosmological argument.

What do you mean which God? There's only one.

nice quads.

the notion of a god-entity, a being that takes a personal interest in the welfare of anyone or who must have a coherent non-conflicting agenda, is two thousand years out of date. you should believe in the god of your pic related: an unknowable that exists hidden behind a cloud, figuratively speaking.

read more greeks.

>God
>a metaphysical being
nice oxymoron, iron age dummies.

Why not be a paleo-jew and worship Yahweh as a henotheistic war god?

Checked
Post Nose

stop larping.

>Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich
what

>cosmological arguments
You mean riddles?

>You're old, but you got spunk.
heh, I get it.

The bible itself says even small children will understand

Wow he doesnt even get it. That meme is over the top accurate.

toll booths

>which God
There's only one God, no matter how many ways he is worshiped or spoken about. You can find traces of him within you and without you.

what if that one God is actually just a minor Lovecraftian character

filioque aint an issue in America anymore

I'm a catechumen in the Orthodox Church and, God willing, will be Chrismated at the end of Lent. That meme never gets old though. "I think BLESSED Augustine might be in heaven" cracks me up every time.

I don't, and I am euphoric.

>You should believe in the God of your fathers Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
These kikes aren't my father.

(Saint) Seraphim Rose cracks me up every time

Bro, if we had a 100% white ethnostate, all our problems would disappear. White people can do anything. The only problem is we're very altruistic. Jews took advantage of it. Then they introduced cultural marxism (more like cultural judaism, am i right?) and we were powerless to stop it. But, by clever tweets, podcasts, and youtube videos we can get whites to stop falling for jewish tricks and embrace their destiny (as laid out by Darwin and Nietzsche). Hail Odin (Jungianly speaking), brother!

Are Italians white?

Look, the framing we're going with is that everyone knows what whites are. We're alt-right. We believe in hierarchy. Bend the knee. Read siege.

I mean Italians are the smartest Europeans on average; I don't want to share our success with you anglo, germanic, frog, spic, and slav pigs

personal relationship

Odin as Jesus/Buddha/Zoroaster/Mithras/etc.
Peterson argues christianity is best cause of the self sacrifice argument.

I know that I hung on a windy tree
nine long nights,
wounded with a spear, dedicated to Odin,
myself to myself,

why not user?

Jung for retards delivered from out an anti-depressant induced fog.

>t. Guinea

pic related: probably you

it's easy to figure out via speculative reason OP lmao

I agree, peterson is clearly severely under read in other mythology, especially as he only ever repeat the same things.

You're a "no niggers in my bathhouse" racist liberal sperg who thinks "tradition" is 18th century Freemason ideology.

Aquinas' aren't fallacious, just more intrinsically tied in with and dependent on aristotelian metaphysics. Clarke's is extremely similar (honestly close to just a different set of terms), but needs a lot more baseline work to get to a detailed nature of God.

Concerning Aquinas at least, I'd point you to Edward Feser for a more modern explanation. He also devotes a lot to argument for the aristotelian metaphysics those require.
Once you've accepted that much it's mostly a historical/theological question between the abrahamics.

good point; I haven't read Feser's new book, but I assume it is compelling

It's the best possible logical explanation for everything by far.

did you get abused by a priest as a kid?

Read the Wisdom Books, especially Wisdom of Solomon. Best parts of Bible, these are the biblical texts everyone should read.

Ecclesiastes, song of songs, Sirach, Proverbs, Baruch . . . You can skip the rest.