What is his easiest play to appreciate? My vote goes to King Lear

What is his easiest play to appreciate? My vote goes to King Lear.

he?

why go full retard and say shakespeare was illiterate? at least they should make it believable

you realize those weren't real life right lol

the truth hurts, sweetiepie

It's a well known fact that anglos can't write.

A midsummers night dream
Wonder what she was on when writing taming of the shrew?

The absolute state of the humanities right now

Titus Andronicus dog. basically shakespeare brutalizing ovid for the masses.

romeo and juliet is pretty good too. also some pretty nice ovid retelling my dog

God I hated that play, it’s just a game of thrones episodes

>this mad that Shakespeare might not be a white male

feels bad to have your worldview disrupted, huh champ?

hamlet's good too but i think of it as like dark comedy cuz i can't take that lunatic waltzing around the castle and fucking with polonius seriously. hamlet is a clown.

lanivia makes the play worth reading

Whites simply cannot compete with BIG BLACK CORTICES

Either Othello or Hamlet

Prove it.

Are Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet and Kurosawa's Throne of Blood and Ran the best film adaptations of Shakespeare?

Grigori Kozintsev's hamlet and king lear are fantastic and in my opinion superior adaptations.

Laurence Olivier in Othello, dude

>The Tempest has a joke about women being wet at the start

Good old bard.

what?

I was excited for a minute there, because all the reasons that caused Olivier's Hamlet to be irredeemably shitty would make him the perfect Iago. The navelgazing, the overt narcissism, the lazy and calculated delivery, the general, unmistakable sense that this man would do nothing but suck his own dick all day if he hadn't been cursed with a rib cage and poor flexibility. But no, he is playing Othello, not Iago. The one time his demeanor could be used to create something really special, and he had to fuck it up with his lust for glory. The ironic thing is that Iago is a much more interesting character, and one would assume that Olivier would go for that, to showcase his skill. Poor show.

>adaptations that translate the most poetically dense and divinely inspired prose of all time are among the best

These are the people that call you a pleb.

> Shakespeare
> prose

This is the person that I call dense.

> making these kinds of assumptions
> thinks Shakespeare is prose

You're a fucking idiot.

You're both irredeemable plebs. The best Shakespeare adaptations are by a Slovak auteur called Drahoslav Dobrovodský, who made underground films during the soviet era. He translated Shakespeare into still-life images of concrete buildings with fruit splattered on them. You haven't heard of him. Who needs the musicality of the english language when you can have black-and-white 35mm film and rotting fruit?

Easiest? Probably Romeo an Juliet, Midsummer Night's Dream, or As You Like It.

>no mention of Macbeth yet itt
Jesus, the state of this board

Isn't Branagh's Hamlet completely faithful to the text of the play?