12 Rules for Life- Any Critic?

Who here has read this book and found anything critical about or found any parts that you had to disagree with

Other urls found in this thread:

viewpointmag.com/2018/01/23/postmodernism-not-take-place-jordan-petersons-12-rules-life/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WHY DOESN'T HE TALK ABOUT HOW THE JEWS CONTROL THE WORLD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>"Copywrited Material" everywhere
What the fuck is his problem?

please stay on- topic, its about the content of the book

His interpretations of the Bible mostly, which is funny because he didn't even need them to make a point.

Read it yourself you fucking brainlet. Delete this thread.

>it's another worthless memerson thread episode

I've never seen skateboarding lobsters petting cats.

Actually reply incoming

It’s a fucking self help book, the first chapter just say to walk with a straight back. If you want the advice with the cost just go talk to an old person on proper manners

God forbid people talked about books on Veeky Forums
I hope you tell everyone to fuck off and just read the book whenever they have any questions about any and every book.
When I see people critique it by saying it's a self help book, I always wonder what exactly they expected it to be? He's obviously not a philosopher. He's a mix of a psychologist, political pundit, he speaks on matters of ethics and morality, and a public voice of academic freedom.
What type of book were they expecting?

does he even lift?

>He's obviously not a philosopher.
Then why is he constantly pretending to be one?

Personally I found it focused too much on the bible which did little to support his otherwise pretty interesting and solid "rules". The Bible interpretations are interesting though.

Philosophizing is a common human activity

My fucking God, did this guy ever read a math book? I hate this fucking shit so much. Poor old Gödel had no idea of what he started, this veritable monster where bad philosophy and bad math are used to make nonsensical claims.

Haven't finished it yet, but so far my biggest biggest gripe is the disproportionate focus on the Bible and the Cold War. Aside from a short section about yin and yang, Asian, Islamic, and pre-modern culture/history are conspicuously absent. That wouldn't necessarily be a problem in a self-help book, except that Peterson makes some pretty bold claims about human nature and the causes of chaos.

As a leftist petercuck hater I support him for being the only one to stand up to against the neoliberal hegemony in the entire fucking world

If this is not a fake tweet, I'm even more repulsed by his followers, what the fuck.

Serious question, how do his fans reconcile with the fact that he's a christian?
While they differ in pholosophies, I'm pretty sure Sam Harris' fans are the same as Peterson's.

What people believe in has nothing to do with what it means and everything to do with its image.

> found anything critical about or found any parts that you had to disagree with

its a self help book

You're constructing some huge strawmen here, friendo.

viewpointmag.com/2018/01/23/postmodernism-not-take-place-jordan-petersons-12-rules-life/

Terrible site, but this article shows that Peterson hasn't read a word of the writers he's critiquing/building off of. He also doesn't know what post-modernism means. I guess anglos are gonna anglo.

I guess it can be seen as derogatory but I'm not being like that, it's an honest question.
I'll make it a bit more clear so as to not sound condescending:
1. Their readers seem to have the same kind of profile.
2. They also tend to use the same platforms for discussion in similar ways.
3. Maybe this is farfetching from my side but through different approaches they tend to aim to similar goals, identities, or ideas.
4. Their groups have a similar kind of personal crisis which is reconciled by what Peterson or Harris offer (lack of group identification, not fitting in the american liberal propaganda or outright disliking it, opinions on international situations, etc.)
5. Both represent the "single actor against the whole system/institution" of common and established academia in their eyes.
And many other points.
In my opinion they don't differ that much, except the fact that Harris is a hippy atheist and Peterson a christian.
Which in my opinion helped the shift in popularity from H to P given the recent events of the American elections.
Usually at a different point in time, SH fans would have had to support a different system rather than the Trump style. While he made a point in favour of racial profiling and other ideas accepted by the right leaning side, his profile still didn't quite fit the Trump voter, and so in turn Peterson actually does and came at the right time.