>goes insane

WTF was his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18575181
youtube.com/watch?v=rlijOog5hSA&t=200s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He just transcended and became ubermensch

how is that possible? he didn't even cut his own cock off

Multiple pounds of fruit every day was not a diet conducive to long-term mental health.

Went too far into thinking, he got consumed by his own thoughts
Also horses and probably brain tumor

It's a startling coincidence that Nietzsche had his breakdown seeing a horse being whipped in the street and running and putting his arms around it to protect it...

...and Our Man Fyodor keeps writing obsessively about someone whipping a horse across its eyes (in Crime & Punishment it's a dream; in Karamazov it's in Ivan's weird rant against God).

Conclusion:- you'll never be a literary god if you don't get upset at cruelty to animals.

Yes, Mr. "Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea" Mishima, we are looking sternly at you.

The fruit by itself probably wasn't the problem, but eating fruit alongside meat.

a horse raped him?

is this some weird feng shui taoist aliment magic?

How is Mishima glorifying the killing of a cat, he's describing cruelty in the same sense that Dostoevsky does and TSWFFGWTS's protag feels horrible for having done it...

He didn't go insane.

It's weird how most people are too historically, medically, and philosophically illiterate to have an idea of Nietzsche that's anywhere close to what the experts and fans know about him.

Enlighten us then.

>fans

>predict the nihilistic bloodshed of 20th century
>can't predict his own insanity
he wasn't that smart in the end

If you'd tried googling,
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18575181

His thought enjoyed renewed popularity in the 1960s, and his ideas have since had a profound impact on 20th and early-21st century thinkers across philosophy—especially in schools of continental philosophy such as existentialism, postmodernism, and post-structuralism—as well as art, literature, psychology, politics, and popular culture.[9][10][11][22][23]

That bloodshed was famously ideological (and Nietzsche inspired all sides), and he wasn't insane. PLEB.

how is your brain turning to mush not the same as being insane?

he wasnt insane, he just went a little hmmm crazy HA HA HAHAHA HAHAH HA HA

Insanity in the sense that people are using it here is where you lose control psychologically, most likely because your preoccupations are unhealthy (e.g. you get addicted to MMOs and start pissing in bottles).

Whereas in Nietzsche's case it has a genetic, physiological cause. His insanity has nothing whatsoever to do with his lifestyle, nevermind his philosophy in particular.

The insanity and syphilis myths have always been unsubstantiated attacks on the guy, most likely because the attackers couldn't handle his philosophy itself (therefore the myths gave justification not to actually read him).

third stage syphilis

Saying that he went insane is just a meme to oppose his view

Nietzsche did not have syphilis

all the cucking got to him and his retarded face, he didn't have syphilis

>affirm life
>die an incontinent cretin

So THIS is the power of amor fati.

Sad!
For real, he deserved better.

this.

are you sure.... i think he had...?

>goes insane
>WTF was his problem?
I went back in time and told him about his readership.

He couldn't stop thinking about his master's thoughts.

He couldn't shut the fuck up.

A little koo koo AHAHAHAH A LITTLE KOOKIE AHAHAHAH whoopie o-oh DOOPIE LOOPIE AHAHAH

Mental illness + syphillus + breakdown = catatonic

to intelligent to be sane or have a gf

The point is to affirm life even if you suffer and live in the most miserable of ways. That takes true coirrage.

If all else fails we can whip the horses eyes.

i ate a banana, two large oranges, and a handful of figs today
that's like almost 4 pounds of fruit
that's normal for me

unless those oranges were really really big that doesn't add up

a single orange is ~1.15lbs

I given Lucy 3 orange s n then Mairy came and she took 1 away now how many orange did Lucy now? Take into consolidation that Lucky is fat a boy so he might have eaten some and Limonene is flemmable and oranges are weight a few pounds because they we're bread at the gymo factories.

imagine your entire life philosophy being centered around will to power and the passion for life and all that but you're still a virgin and spend all day reading books and jerking off

He wanted to destroy the culture that allowed that condition to exist

Isn't that meme supposed to say themselves because insecurities are plural? I'm not an Anglo fag.

yeah im not saying he was wrong but man being the exact opposite of the ubermensch and being the guy who conceived of said ubermensch has gotta drive a guy wild

In fact one could say that Nietzsche's philosophy was one borne of self hatred which is ironic considering his criticism of that very thing in Christianity.

>borne
But yeah I agree with this

Yes

I really dont think describing him as the complete opposite of the overman is accurate. The guy didnt stop writing and working on his projects until he broke. He had chronic pain from different health problems, and he was still going 100%. He had poetic talent and one of the greatest minds in history.
A true complete opposite of the overman is just the average /r9k/ poster.
What makes you think the guy who wrote stuff like "why do I write such good books" hated himself?

>why do I write such good books
he was pretending to be satirical because he was afraid of genuinely asserting himself

>he was pretending to be satirical because he was afraid of genuinely asserting himself
I really doubt it since he was already starting to losing it at that time. He knew he was a genius.

maybe you're right

Or maybe I'm not

It is glaringly obvious you never read his work.

He never claimed to be the Superman nor anyone who was alive then or now. He even admitted that him as a man and his writing are seperate.

Men in modern times are in his view stepping stones to the Superman. We arent the superman and can never be but we can rise to our greatest heights so that the next generations may one day rise to the Superman.

Its all very metaphorical. If youre picturing a muscular hero flying through clouds you should probably stick to comics.

lol sick Hitchens reference dawg

surely user has an enormous hand

so when does somebody stop bitching about the last man and start being the ubermensch

this insecurities isn't gonna projects themself

how do you know if one is insane and one is not?
by your standard?

youtube.com/watch?v=rlijOog5hSA&t=200s

How's that dancing star coming along Veeky Forums?