Is this really what living in New York is like?

Is this really what living in New York is like?

>t. has been living in small village in Eastern Europe for his whole life

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/hitmebaby1moretime_/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes
People who unironically live in New York are trash

How does one live ironically there? The same, except you hate yourself for it?

Label your living in New York as a piece of performance art.

most NYers live there ironically because they're afraid of failing at being New yorkers

Which country, friend?

No, that is a huge generalization and you should take that anons opinion as well as this one's with a grain of rice.

t. Lived in Manhattan for a few years while working for my dad in Insurance.

You can't really sum of the NYC experience in a post. You have to experience it for yourself. Because everyone has a different experience. It also depends on your career (if you have one) and how much money you make.

Just the liberal white males

New York is just middlebrow Minneapolis

Czech Republic

Some here make a point of saying we're Central Europe, not Eastern. Personally I don't care too much.

>resided in NYC
>Manhattan, even
>rent paid for by dad
you are not an actual New Yorker, and don't deserve a (You).

My home country :^)

>worked for dad in insurance
Lmao you literally are the guy in the OP pic you dumbass

You could live like that in almost any American city, except for maybe the whiskey at the barber, but that's not a common thing in NYC.

NYC is what you make of it. There's tons of middlebrow shit, tons of high brow shit, tons of obscure shit. Lots of idiots, lots of really smart people, lots of hacks, lots of geniuses.

It's generally atrocious looking, though. Grey and cold/cloudy way too often. Lots of single women. Way too expensive overall.

Minneapolis is the cultural black hole that has made the entirety of the Midwest completely devoid of any soul.

>Way too expensive overall.
This is a reasonable post. And this observation is key to why I hate NYC. It's a fucking tourist attraction where the bragging rights for living there are worth a premium. It's a machine that attracts consumers, who soon become paupers and eaten by the machine. Would much rather live somewhere Not Famous, save money, and buy my own land where I am king.

>hurr you aren't a real new york bc I said so

my dad had that apartment before I was born. and I even lived there a bit before my parents split but ok whatever floats your boat. I no longer live there but my birth certificate still says Manhattan playboy.

nah because I don't participate in most of the stuff that was mentioned in OP other than

>lives in new york city
well bc duh and

>downloads an NPR Podcast
because How I Built This with Guy Raz is a great pod cast.

I have not done anything else in the picture

>Lots of single women

the best part, esp the caliber of women and the diversity.

You sound extremely butthurt and insufferable.

NY is qt jewish gf central
i lived there for six months and it was heaven

yes.
t. live in nyc

Only if you're upper-middle class and also a piece of shit. Real NY niggas don't read, listen exclusively to top 40 radio, drink cheap liquor, and wear camo pants with timbs.

I think you are just upset because I proved you wrong and you're possibly jealous that I got to live in NYC.

It isn't the greatest city in the world but its damn enjoyable if you're young and can afford to live here somehow.

>jewish girls
my fucking nigga. what a patrician

sadly I only hooked up with one while I was there. I think I was just her goytoy.

yeah aight nigga. plenty of soyboy real NYers that can do both.

In terms of being a lit hub, it's...true, but you might be disappointed. I used to live in Brooklyn and my roommate was friends with a bunch of editors and translators for different lit mags (New Yorker, Paris Review).

It's the same as almost anytime you meet somebody who is really in the field you love. They know and care less than you'd expect. Their job is just a job, and they're generally normal sort of smart, sort of dumb but fun people who are probably not the most qualified at their jobs and are likely contributing to the downfall of literary culture (because of the hivemind involved in their social group) without really trying.

>>my birth certificate still says Manhattan playboy.
so what's it like being a brainlet who places special value on being from an overpriced shithole city? it galls me all you nycfags put on airs when you're basically the philly eagles guy eating horse droppings off the street out of home pride

>dating JAPS

Decent lays but would never date one in my life

ressentiment central

Just add more blacks and muslims plus actual history and culture then its London

fuck man this is the saddest thing i've read all week

>so what's it like being a brainlet who places special value on being from an overpriced shithole city

read my post here bitch nigga Also where do you live? Genuinely curious and Im not trying to shit on you.

There are plenty of blacks and muslims in NYC, bro. In fact, if there is an argument to be made that NYC has culture, it's black culture.

Veeky Forums niggas don't know about chopped cheese lmaooo

yerrrrrrrrrr

>Also where do you live? Genuinely curious and Im not trying to shit on you.
somewhere in Texas, not the capital or Dallas. it's historic but not a remarkable place, except that it has less crime, lower taxes, and is far, far more racially homogenous than NYC. I've also lived in Hawaii for a few years and DC for a few more in my 20s. I've been around, then came home. stay mad and sip your $12 coffee, fella.

the only thing I'm actually missing out on is Jewish jelly rolls but they're not worth the trouble long term.

>muh subculture represents the whole city

Lmao blackies need to get the fuck over themselves already

San Antonio?

Black tough guy culture is just a ripoff of Italian tough guy culture

>incapable of not typing like a black person
>"nah"
>"well bc duh"
>unironically listens to podcasts
>muh black womyn
>"dude u jus jelly cuz u dont live in a shithole city like me lol"
>"my fucking nigga"
>"yeah aight nigga"
>"bitch nigga"
>"i wish i was born as a black man"

>far more racially homogenous than NYC

*homogeneous

but lol @ this nigga is playing the race card. Boy you're going to be upset when you find out you've been to replying to someone with darker skin than you. I'll admit I'm privileged as fuck in my own way that my dad was able to afford an apartment here but he worked hard as fuck to be able to afford it and I'm super grateful.

Also love how you talk about crime in Manhattan like its a big deal here. Anyways have fun with your your small city. I don't have any beef your 96% white town, I'm sure you enjoy masturbating to percentage.

That's what is great about America. It's big enough for bigoted fucks like you can fuck off to whatever part of America and keep your lil imaginary white identity.

Said it better than I ever could

what are you like a 16th black. that makes you a white man in reality

embarrassing post desu senpai

>implying i dont talk AAVE on Veeky Forums to anger milquetoast niggas like you

wew lad

I'm half black.

>imaginary

Yet your identity is quite real right?

El atrocidad....

Are you assuming my ethnicity???

>le black man talking to user
>assumes user is white, and a bigot that hates blacks
>even anonymously must play the race card

You know what? Stay in NYC. You are exactly the 8of brainlet that deserves it.

el abominacion

la creatura......

nope, race is a social construct mufugga bix nood

>tfw the lle 56% meme is all you can spout.

if you aren't white, you are one of those cucks that are white passing and tell everyone he is white. pathetic desu

Clean your screen nigger

sure after you clean my nigger asshole with your tongue.

Is this really true? How in entrenched we read you in the community?

>tfw the lle 56% meme is all you can spout.
sorry I do it automatically

>said he was in a racially homogeneous city in Texas with history
Lmao u dumb fucking mulatto he's a tejano living in native land. You have no connection to New York if you're black.

>race is a social construct
>if you aren't white, you are one of those cucks that are white passing and tell everyone he is white. pathetic desu
You are a sad, miserable creature.

>one black guy/nigger derails everything

Is this the nature of America?

this is no ordinary black guy, this is a rich manhattanite mulatto shitposter extraordinaire

This thread has literally nothing to do with Veeky Forums anyway so I don't know what there was to derail.

He has neotenous features, if you look close his midface and cheekbones are underseveloped, he looks like a giant 12 year old. this tracks across most black populations of males.

no it's the nature of /pol/edditors
honestly, this guy is doing us all a favor so now all the retards who would have been ruining every other thread are here crying about how a black person exists lel

>You have no connection to New York if you're black.

really stimulates the synapses.

>be me
>provides my opinion and lil experience in NYC here which is more on topic than anyone else
>people start engaging with me
>figure out Im black
>people freak out
>"lol niggers" "le 56% meme"

I normally post on Veeky Forums and only come on Veeky Forums because sometimes you have decent threads here which I never usually post in. Also I enjoy reading, which is a terrible reason to come to this board.

nigga looks like a melanin enriched James Dean

How weird is it that a board like Veeky Forums even exists? Do you have itasha (cars with anime girl stickers) threads?

wake me up when pax americana ends and neo-brazil has been reduced to smoldering mutt ashes. how can an entire culture be so worthless

america is a relaly shitty country

heh they're not white
good one praise kek

For somethings thats just a social construct you seem to be making a big a deal out of it even before the le 56% posters

>How weird is it that a board like Veeky Forums even exists?

its pretty weird because a majority of people there are really terrible shitposters and then most people take the bait anyway. Also a bunch of posters there are most def underage/dont have a car and constantly ask stupid questions like "what kar is gud"

itasha threads don't happen much but there is a Sticker thread where are the weebs hang out and post shit like this

>thatwasthejoke.jpg

do you think I care about that meme.

or people saying the word Nigger, wether it is online or IRL. that is truly elementary tier insults.

If I actually did care I wouldn't be on this terrible website.

I like Darling in the FranXX so I can see why would someone get car sticker's with 02, but damn, the show moves too slow and the foreshadowing is way too straightforward.

Which meme that race is actually a social construct or el abomonacion

my nigga if we are being honest I have no idea what you are talking about. I got nothing against anime, its just not my thing. My cousin has been collecting anime toys and dvds for a long ass time. All I know is Beserk because he showed me it one time.

Both? idk man. I was just shitposting.

lets talk about books. What are you reading?

I just finished up Confederacy of Dunces and Hell's Angels by Hunter S Thompson.

Finna start Don Quixote and Shoe Dog by Phil Knight

NYC is a fucking meme.
If you are American then you aren't lit unless you're from the South.

The north can be pretty Veeky Forums, just stay out of the midwest
you are right that the south is the most Veeky Forums

Yeah OP it essentially is. Even the people you would expect to be highbrow are middlebrow. The people who become members at the Met Opera or one of the ballet troupes even seem to be doing it out of an obligation to their parents/grandparents/great-grandparents who funded these things before. Maybe they'll go to a concert or two a season but generally they listen to pop music or rap or rock or whatever.
It's no better in publishing. In magazines, everything is about diversity pushes and trying to resurrect long gone revenue through diversity pushes (hence, Teen Vogue). Even an old-timer like Lewis Lapham is having trouble keeping his magazine in order. In books, everyone has the YA bug. Agencies, publishers, whatever, they only want people who know their YA, for the same reason, very few people read literary fiction and as a market share it's essentially dwindling to zero. Your best hope is pretty much the art world but my ex worked at a significant gallery and said pretty much every curator has the same post-Warhol tastes and the last bastions of highbrow e/lit/ism are private collectors. So unless you are/know people worth at least 8 digits you won't find much in the way of highbrow company except the occasional errant savant. Even knowing billionaires is no guarantee.

This
The south lends itself ideally to literature. I'll admit that New England and Massachusetts in particular is very Veeky Forums as well.

Dece books my dude actually reading don quixote right now about 400 pages in it's pretty good. Got the edith grossman translation

for the most part you are right and I agree with you but parts of this reek of

>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i hate non white people

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me
If you wanted to

I can assure you that there's nothing funny about swirling around in the proverbial toilet bowl of western civilization. hopefully the chinks will CRISPR their shit up and nuke us before the sickness spreads

>edith grossman translation

my man.

Black culture is a meme, especially now, committing the most crime in America isn't a culture, neither is Jew produced rap music. Look at the recent celebration of Black Panther, how pathetic is their "culture" that they're duped by Hollywood Jews into supporting a shitty comic book movie?

all culture is a meme(yes i am a deep thinker)

Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world, bucko.

Better than san francisco

>sees Google bus and writes an angry tweet about it
>buys a $5 latte with a little leaf-like design on the foam
>sees an anti-discrimination ad at bus stop and nods head
>writes tweet about Trump's senility and racism and the importance of reparations
>gets off bus commute one stop early because a black and/or poor person gets on
>goes to gay club, but isn't personally gay
>get paid to tweet for a company
>feels uncomfortable making eye contact with the hispanic people who live around workplace in the mission district
>gets a shitty burrito (but calls it great because all California burritos have to be great) with shitty friend visiting from LA
>walks by graffiti demanding white women take off their hoop earrings and thinks it's really powerful
>walks by corporate sponsored mural of Jimmi Hendrix breaking some chains and also thinks it's really powerful
>takes an Uber home to avoid the homeless people on the bus
>watches Samantha Bee and eats some kind of vegan dish that has quinoa in it
>reads a page of the Rupi Kaur book they just bought and makes up an excuse to stop
>tweets about depression
>falls asleep at 2 am

It's awful, and there's something so imposing about it's awfulness. Last time I went there, I spent about an hour in a park wishing I was back in Jersey. It's so awful it manages to make New Jersey seem appealing. Just think about that.

L M A O

never been to San Fran but I have a friend that lives there and some of those apply to him

fuck.

Okay so someone who currently is in New York
I go to school in Manhattan and basically just go in an out of the city. Unless you're loaded with cash New York is just a shit hole, but a special kind of shithole. Everyone there is different in what they do but their goals are all the same, success at any cost. If Nietzsche could see how cut throat everyone is then he'd probably reconsider what an ubermensh was. Every friend you have there is using you for connections and networking, and any real friends you have are going to hate hanging out in the city
> if you need proof I can post student ID

I live in new york and it def sucks pretty hard and is to expensive but man california probably makes this shithole seem like heaven

have you ever thought its actually you and not New York. Only people with shit taste or too poor to live in NY lives in NJ

Millions of people go there to visit and/or live there for a good reason too. Its def not for those who are claustrophobic.

>>walks by graffiti demanding white women take off their hoop earrings and thinks it's really powerful
>>walks by corporate sponsored mural of Jimmi Hendrix breaking some chains and also thinks it's really powerful
>>takes an Uber home to avoid the homeless people on the bus
Jesus christ this is perfect

post id nigga

Yeah it’s not Columbia or NYU but it’s something

Long Island NIQQA?

>Only people with shit taste or too poor to live in NY lives in NJ
I'm sure the people in Alpine, Tenafly, and Englewood Cliffs couldn't afford a studio apartment in Brooklyn.

It's the people that I have the most. Everyone of them has a sense of superiority while oozing a genuine indifference towards the suffering of others. The only decent New Yorkers I've ever met were homeless.

No Bronx
> I'm a real thug nas and shit

if ya'll want to see what an art hoe living in Manhattan is like chec this chick

instagram.com/hitmebaby1moretime_/

make sure to watch her IG story.

baruch is a decent school. knew a chick that went there. smart gyal.

>The only decent New Yorkers I've ever met were homeless.

says a lot about the type of people you hung around. if you making a giant generalization about NYC and only visited there once and only met a maximum of 20 people.....lol

Why is this bitch squinting in everything the fuck.
The Outer Burroughs are actually dece I cant fucking stand manhattan these days though.

t.Long island bridge and tunnel boi

I have to go in every couple weeks, and I've met all sorts of New Yorkers. Awful people.

>people unironically live in cities and think they can ever be Veeky Forums

It's just expensive as dick, in better weather it's pretty bitching. I would sit in the park and read a book I got from my college library in the fall