What are some books on rejecting hedonism and embracing responsibility?

What are some books on rejecting hedonism and embracing responsibility?

I really really really like this image

>My parents gave me everything I ever wanted and I hate them for it

There is something to be said for/about this but I'm not sure what.

Man shall not live on bread alone and all that

The title applies to me but none of the stuff beneath it

The Veeky Forums part applies to you by definition

Why is everyone on Veeky Forums literally me and nobody in real life? Where are you people?

Jokes on you I was raised by a single mom

What are some books on embracing hedonism and rejecting responsibility?

I would never date a guy raised by a single mom

That's fine, I'm not gay

Isn't that something drunks tell themselves to justify their self destruction?

They're in their homes on Veeky Forums all day.

I literally get told this by my father and brother. I laugh in their face for it, I have nothing to be grateful for

What is Veeky Forums artistically?

a generation of men raised like pets

why do you quote me twice?

>I laugh in their face for it
Is this meant to impress user? This is so edgy it's pathetic.

My autism says that the image title doesn't make sense with what's beneath it, it seems like it's pointing at the wrong direction. Also I'm not American so I don't know how things are there from first hand experience.

If your parents gave you everything and you still hated them, I would imagine a middle to high class white person with a degree but very spoiled, so it comes to mind a tumblr user, left-leaning and everything associated, maybe white guilt when confronted with the reality that a big percentage of the world lives in 3rd world conditions.

If you allow me to do armchair psychology, I would say that the images reference a middle to low class white person that underachieved or thinks highly of himself, with a dysfunctional family. MAGA and Trump don't resonate with the kind of people whose parent's could provide everything (a.k.a. middle to high class). JP is for the kind of people that had a neglectful or missing father figure since his discourse is all around sorting your stuff, again, far away from having parents that gave you everything. Being "contrarian"/hating to the fact that your parents gave you everything, would make you go against what they are, a traditional white family.

I don't know, it would make more sense if it had like "I was bullied at school and never got over it starter pack" or "My parents were neglectful and beat me" or "I was born in a suburb of the South of the US" or something, very poorly thought out meme title tbqh. Also, depression, masturbation, poor finances and self diagnosis can be added in all starter-packs, maybe you'd wanna add things like traps.

Isn't that quote from some hobo, virgin, with serious mommy issues?

>Is this meant to impress user?

Nah its just my honest reaction. I find their impotent frustration amusing, as if in a billion years they could expect me to give a damn about what they think I owe them

This.
It seems like some leftist-type projecting.

To title doesnt apply to me (I dont hate my parents) but the masturbating my life away and Veeky Forums, obviously, got me.
I also enjoy some of the MDE videos.

#burned

A lot of the image appliea to me but I have amazing parents who I love.
It's not their fault I'm a pathetic mess of a creature. They did their best.

>>I find their impotent frustration amusing
It's very telling that you use the word "impotent" here, because that's exactly how you seem when you do this over the top
>I dun need no 1 gtfo i lol @ all of u
try hard shit and then feel compelled to share the anecdotes with complete strangers to sate your basic need to share and reach out with others. Do you want to be the edgy lone wolf or a communal person? Which is it? Do you even know?

None of this conveys the kind of strength that you want it to. In fact it coveys the complete opposite. Stop being this edgy. You'll look back at this and cringe so hard. Just stop now while you can and limit the future cringe factor as much as possible.

>Do you want to be the edgy lone wolf or a communal person?

The wolf obviously. I cherish my intellectual independence above all else and only God almighty deserves my thanks if ever he could exist. To the rest in this rat pile they can all get fucked before they tell me what I should value.

>The wolf obviously.
Kek.

You're clearly quite young and lack the cognizance and wherewithal to see just how small all of this posturing makes you. Spitefulness won't get you anywhere. All it will do is slowly poison your character. But if you have your little heart set on learning this the hard way then have fun with that.

Not leftists?

It's just stupidity and/or selfishness on both ends. Parents for not seeing how it fucks the kid up. Kid for playing the victim and not trying to build up independence on his own.

Not him but the OP image title in question is the most pathetic, bitch-tier thing I've read in a long time and to take anybody seriously who says anything of the sort would actually be the edgy thing to do

>Spitefulness won't get you anywhere.

I know for a fact that isn't true. Spitefulness is a very effective motivator, one of the best even

Are you saying spitefulness is a more effective motivator than pride? All spite does is lowers your stature, both in your own eyes and in the eyes of others. Do you know what spite is? Easy. That's all it is. Your most lowliest of criminals chooses the exact same thing.

This image could be more hard hitting. The title describes me, but only 3 of the images fit me (Veeky Forums, MDE, and bitcoin owner)

This hurts man