Is Jordan Peterson the second coming of Nietzsche?

Is Jordan Peterson the second coming of Nietzsche?

Jordan Peterson has nothing but a good team of marketing shills.

Read any YT comment under his videos and you'll find it's all the same stuff repeated over and over.

>"This man is so brilliant..."
Etc. But they never mention why. Nor do they say anything else but praise for his ""genius"".

I am telling you this as someone who already knows all of this will come to light in future, and you should remember me telling you, for then you will know I can see 3 years ahead of you, at least.

DAMN IT
You just had to reply and bump it huh, couldn't just let it die out for it's retardation?

he's a good guy for standing up to the left-liberal agenda

more like the 2nd coming of fagitry

I think JP has articulated the fundamental problems with postmodernism very well, as well as the significance of mythology to Western culture. However I am not entirely impressed with his often masturbatory (if sincere) political prescriptions which follow from these, not to mention his financial ambitions.

"If we reflect carefully, it ought to be possible to arrive at an explanation for the process in a Christian's soul that is called the need for redemption, an explanation that is free of mythology, that is, a purely psychological one. Of course, until now psychological explanations of religious states and processes have been in some disrepute, in that a theology that calls itself free has been up to its bootless mischief in this area; for from the start, as the spirit of its founder Schleiermacher allows us to assume, "free theology" was aiming at the preservation of the Christian religion and the continuance of Christian theologists, who were to gain a new anchor, and above all a new occupation, in the psychological analysis of religious "facts" Undeterred by such predecessors, we venture to present the following interpretation of the phenomenon in question. Man is conscious of certain actions that rank low in the customary hierarchy of actions; in fact, he discovers within himself a tendency to these kinds of actions, a tendency that seems to him almost as unchangeable as his whole nature. How he would like to try his luck in that other category of actions, those that are generally esteemed to be the topmost and highest; how he would like to feel full of a good consciousness, which is said to follow a selfless way of thinking! But unfortunately it does not go beyond this wish: the dissatisfaction about being unable to satisfy the wish is added to all the other kinds of dissatisfaction that his lot in life generally, or the consequences of those actions, termed evil, have aroused in him. Thus he develops a deep discontent and searches for a doctor who might be able to put an end to this discontent and all its causes.
This condition would not be felt so bitterly if man would only compare himself dispassionately to other men; then he would have no reason to be dissatisfied with himself to any special degree; he would only be sharing the common burden of human dissatisfaction and imperfection. But he compares himself to a being who is solely capable of those actions called selfless and who lives in the continual consciousness of a selfless way of thinking: God. Because he is looking into this bright mirror, his own nature appears so clouded, so abnormally distorted. Next, the thought of this other being makes him fearful, in that it hovers in his imagination as a punishing justice; in every possible experience, large or small, he thinks he recognizes its anger, its menace, and he even thinks he has a presentiment of the whiplashes it will deliver as judge and executioner. Who helps him in this danger, which by its prospect of an immeasurable duration of punishment, surpasses in horror all other terrors of the imagination?"
- Nietzsche, Human all to human, section 132

bump

Hahahahahahhaaaaa ahhahahahhahahahahahahha
*inhales deeply* hahahahHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHhHBabHhBHVacddjkfoxiuqgwvebfkxlpIusgebbd

Self-help guru psued or a Ubermench genious?

...hmmmmm

Doesn't he believe in god? I remember listening to a few of his videos a while back and I got that impression. (I could be wrong though).
In that sense I'm not sure how you would liken him to Nietzsche???????????????????
Are you being ironic?

In any case, no.

He literally just says simple shit in a complex way. Complete pseudo-intellectual I've actually noticed this about a lot of people who are perceived as intelligent often rely purely on people accepting what they say in a complex manner, as soon as they are ever challenged they fall apart and withdraw with lame excuses. This is exactly what he did when a bunch of leftist protestors started arguing with him.

No, for someone who cries about individualism he hasn't had a original thought since he started preaching. There's nothing truly original about him, he's just reminding us of other people's work.

He'd have to understand the philosophy he criticizes in order to be the second coming of Nietzsche

he's the second coming of meletus

Peterson is a literal Last Man.
The second coming was Heidegger, but his real successor is Catherine Keller.
If you have not read Keller, you cannot understand Nietzsche. That nobody on this board understands Nietzsche even on a basic level is evident by every thread on Nietzsche, even by those who have obviously read him.
In Keller is Nietzsche's metaphysics taken to such a radical departure that it could never be expected.

When was that

bump!

Second for Peterson is a pseudo-intellectual. He doesn't understand Nietzsche and can't seem to comprehend that Solzhenitsyn's book is fiction.

>you can't understand Nietzsche unless you've read a subsequent thinker
doubtful

>Read any YT comment
Nah, sod off

>See this post associated with this image
>Start reading assuming it's supposed to be quoting from Peterson
>From the first sentence, realize this is way beyond the level of thought he'd ever display

There's no way he'd be insightful enough to perceive "the need for redemption" as a specific aspect of the mind of individual Christians as being potentially grounded in psychology, as opposed to either a result of superstition or fundamentally some aspect of faith, or otherwise an actually universal drive.

>fiction
:^)
How many commie tshirts you got, boyo?

more like second coming out of the closet, haha

Sorry, it's true.
>thinker
You already don't understand Nietzsche.

>Read any YT comment under his videos
You could like, you know, scroll back up again and watch any of his lectures

have done, nothing special
kids with no fathers praising mediocrity