vocaroo.com/i/s0dFjVdytKR7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>you will be as smart and talented and perceptive as James Joyce
feels great desu

being able to make puns doesn't make you smart

but i am. speak for yourself brainlet

he was pretty cute too (◠◠) teeeheeeheeehee

Let's see your prose

"Shit!" the man said, "In a shit bucket." He continued, resigned: "I was gonna try but then I said, oh fuck it."

Joyce is one of the only people that keeps me (a little) humble.

Even though I know it isn't the best way to go through life, I pretty much think everyone is considerably dumber than me or, at most, as smart. I have never met anyone that I believe to be smarter.

Joyce, along with a few other great writers, sets the bar incredibly high. It keeps me grounded. I'm sure all the genius mathematicians are slightly smarter too but I don't engage with their abilities so I don't care.

>>>>>>>

No can do. I have a deep love of, and belief in, God.

Dunning–Kruger

norabarnpetscheetklandurtscoreggfartfurzonaracrepitperdetpierpedarravotyantootpoot

I am a cheetah and Christina my prey as we dance about the evening garden. A swarm of fruit flies awaiting rotten matter from the waste bin parts politely for us. It is the winter of summertime, and a familiar cloudy gloom has lately begun to descend upon our street in the infancy of each day.

you should write, and publish your own writing. set yourself in high horse within a vacuum, unchallenged, is really a Dunning-Kruger things to do.

you should allow yourself to accomplish the same standard as what these great writers had accomplished.

perhaps not, but at least the stuff i write is readable, know'm sayin famalam?

Nah, I have degrees from two top schools in varied fields. Got them with, more or less, no effort. Now I make more money than almost any four or five other anons combined.

I know you are going to just make another remark like the last two but keep in mind that someone has to be at (or near) the top. An anonymous website just permits me to say it.

Dunning–Kruger

Rewrite that with normal grammar so I can respond without performing a great feat of interpretation.

see

english is my second language, and my grammar is quite incompetent, just answer question tho

why don't you just set yourself in high horse within a vacuum

I wouldn't be surprised if James Joyce just simply rose from the dead desu, dude was onto some seriously mystical shit

instead of wasting your time making a thread about it go open a book and try to get on his level then.

If you're so smart then why do you act so retarded?

You must be fairly average then because I look at Joyce and all I see is a tryhard pseud and 2nd rate writer.

cure ur autism bra

This desu ^_^

>Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunnt-rovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk

This is the smartest thing ever written. It is the sound of thunder accompanying the Fall of Adam and Eve. It is comprised of words for thunder in several different languages, showcasing Joyce's genius-level ability to look in dictionaries (I read that in a blog and/or the foreword and/or wikipedia).

>Ineluctable modality of the visible

This is another genius line. While it may be look like shitty prose lacking musicality to the untrained eye, it is actually an obscure reference to Aristotle. (I read that in a blog and/or the foreword and/or wikipedia). To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Joyce's references, etc. In this and many other ways, Joyce paved the way for such contemporary masters as Ernest Cline, who has also mastered the art of "tee-hee, what am I referencing now??" prose.

>Once upon a time and a very good time it was there was a moocow coming down along the road and this moocow that was coming down along the road met a nicens little boy named baby tuckoo

I will not even try to explain this line. It is beyond a shadow of a doubt the greatest thing ever put into symbols by mankind. The Sistine chapel and the Gothic cathedrals can suck a cock for all I care, this line, truly, it both humbles and emboldens me - humbles me in the sense that I realize I am but a poor specimen who can only dream of such heights, but emboldens me in the knowledge that a man, a human, was capable of such a feat.

>>Once upon a time and a very good time it was there was a moocow coming down along the road and this moocow that was coming down along the road met a nicens little boy named baby tuckoo
lul you just know he was fucking around with that one

Not really. It was just the nature of his consciousness as a small child. Just a few pages later the prose already begins to mature. It's just clever is all.

>portraying nature of consciousness of a child by writing in a simplistic staccato, growing more complex and coherent as the child itself matures
What a fucking hack. If it doesnt provide me with easily digestable truisms about my daily life or deep insights into the nature of being a dying space monkey in a meaningless void, its trash.

This has to be bait right ?

BRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAP

>I pretty much think everyone is considerably dumber than me or, at most, as smart
This is how pretty much everyone on this board, and most regular people, thinks about the world.

same

this website is 18+

This

I actually quite liked it up until 'descend upon our street in the infancy of each day.'

I have nine dollars in my checking account. Find another user with like ten. Congrats, you have $19.

I beg to differ.

Doesn't hurt me. I may not be the smartest, but I'm just smart enough to enjoy Joyce's work (enjoy not understand).

>you will never be as smart and creative and clever as Christopher Nolan
feels bad desu

Isnt this how we all think though?

I mean, cringey and seemingly dumb as it is to say considering the shit quality of this board, most people who browse Veeky Forums probably have higher-than-average IQ, because usually those with higher-than-average IQ are interested in literature in the first place. So, that said, you may be smarter than the average person, but it's still obvious (as all the posts in response to this have said) that you're pretty pretentious and probably not as smart as you think you are.

>IQ

>usually those with higher-than-average IQ are interested in literature

kek

Possibly the cringiest post I've ever read.

Not him but this is probably true, literature is rarely an immediately stimulating pastime.

See:

How strange that someone on this board would believe that

What do you expect? Someone's who has never read any literature isn't exactly the best judge of this. Not saying everyone here's a genius.

That one isn't nearly as cringy.

And who would be a good judge about your intelligence? You?

Please point out the part where I commented on my intelligence. I'm talking about literature as a general pursuit, stop being so difficult.

sup /tv/

>saying that literature enthusiasts have higher-than-average IQ
>being a literature enthusiast
>NOT TALKING ABOUT ME, BRUH

:thinking:

Yeah okay pal, whatever you say. There is literally no difference between the average fan of reality TV and Shakespeare, you're right.

>believing anyone on this board is comparable to Shakespeare

Not me.

Is this bait? I mean fan of Shakespeare kek

is real and affects your life every single day

That's because you wrote it.

Probably exaggerated a good bit but I believe you're smart probably

Gee, LARPing sure is fun!

IQ is a load of pseudoscience bullshit for insecure jabronies

IQ tests are, objectively speaking, the single most reliable psychometric tests ever devised by human beings. Personality tests, tests of internal biases, and questionnaires on how you depressed you fell, aren't much more than horoscopes when you compare them to IQ.
>ackshully...
No, actually you don't know what reliable means in a scientific context, probably because your IQ is low. Let me repeat this so you understand perfectly well:

IQ TESTS ARE, OBJECTIVELY SPEAKING, THE SINGLE MOST RELIABLE PSYCHOMETRIC TESTS EVER DEVISED BY HUMAN BEINGS. PERIOD.

Sorry, I put that wrong -- usually those interested in literature are higher than average IQ.

You are literally a shit-eating mouth-breathing Down-syndrome drooling pilled-out fetal-alcohol-syndrome fucking retard if you don't realize the basic fact that most people interested in literature and thus most people on this board, statistically speaking, probably have a higher IQ than average, whether it's even 105 or 110. Jesus Christ, how do you drooling fucking simpletons even put your pants on and eat breakfast in the morning? I can imagine you drooling and twitching pathetically, cross-eyed and shrieking and shitting your pants as you type out these absolute garbage excuses of posts with your erect penises.

Pic related, it's you. It's amazing such a fucking retard could even type out those relatively coherent sentences, good job.

Imagine being this autistic

Imagine being as autistic as the lady in the picture? It's fine, you don't need to, just look at your own life.

yes you could be you just need to work hard

the most genius thing about joyce is that he was able to convince even academics that he was smart.

>objectively speaking

>IQ TESTS ARE, OBJECTIVELY SPEAKING, THE SINGLE MOST RELIABLE PSYCHOMETRIC TESTS EVER DEVISED BY HUMAN BEINGS. PERIOD.
So were horoscopes and readings of entrails, for a while.

You're born stupid if that's your lot and no amount of page flipping and eye scrolling is going to change that. At best it'll fool the morons but not even the pseuds because everyone's dumb but them.

Thanks
That bit is out of place

The amount of repressed insecurity in this thread is painful

Imagine being this much of an insecure brainlet

>youre all retards!
>people on this board are smarter than average

Way to contradict yourself moron

7/10 made me laugh

damn, whos that genius you posted in the picture there...

Nah, I was just telling the truth.

Btw, this was my last post in the thread:

Just thought I'd clear that up since other anons were being confused with me.

why did he wear the eyepatch?
was it pink eye from all the face sitting?

>probably

vocaroo.com/i/s0dFjVdytKR7

vice-versa for me
I assume everyone is at the least as smart as me and generally more, stops me from getting complacent and if theres a misunderstanding I take it upon my self to try be more clear

He couldn't see very well and probably thought it looked cool

this gave me goosebumps

It's not bad. Except "winter of summertime".

You are not grounded in the slightest.

this gave me tinnitus

Jimmy looks fookin regal in this pic:o

Papi Peterson:)

It was all about novelty, dingus. What seems retardedly simple to you now took centuries for people to figure out/attempt.

You sure showed them user. Nice work

Have you all forgot about Rimbaud? This guy finished writing poems at 17 (or 19) and flipped over the whole europen poetry. He has also probably fucked Verlaine up in the ass and 'cucked' his wife.

>tfw he lived like 20 years without writing anymore

Just think what it could have been.

he stopped writing cuz he had nothing to say anymore

fuck that noise, lil Wayne is one of the best to ever do it

LMAO