There seems to be some underlying, or rather ubiquitous, sense of futility to people who browse here...

There seems to be some underlying, or rather ubiquitous, sense of futility to people who browse here. As if there is a shared yet unspoken agreement that we are all basically useless people who have fallen from the social game and are lurking (or festering without meaning) below the common thread of things.

I would like people to give up this idea. Stop referring to other works of authors that are popular to gain some kind of credence among your "peers", which none of us are. None of us are peers. We're a hodgepodge of who knows what. That is the real fun of this website, yet everyone seems to want to reduce it to " we're all the same when it comes down to it, right?"
We're not. You're not. You're not like me, I'm not like you. I don't care a fuck about the books you enjoy, and I hope vice versa. And you will say "that's how it's always been though, have you even been to Veeky Forums?"
Don't give me that shit. You want to fit it or to feel accepted, yeah? Oh, you don't? Then why are you here?

>fallen from the social game
can't fall if you don't climb

I'm here to discuss literature, you ugly faggot. Your powers of perception are lacking, and I don't have the time to umpack how many mental disorders you're projecting onto the blank faces of the anonymous denizens of this board. Go fuck yourself.

Well amen to you.

I don't really have to unpack anything, I just check the catalogue every now and then and its the same shit over and over. Anyone with an actual opinion gets ignored.

What
Friend I'm just here for the shitposts

Yeah, well go and comment on my Against the Day thread or my prose change thread if you want to start making a difference, faggot.

I don't really care about social acceptance, it's a fucking game to anyone who seriously thinks about it.

I waver between just wanting money and wanting to die. Writing my stories helps alot :)

>Taking Veeky Forums seriously

I am saying this board is draining.
It immediately puts you in a mood of competition and irony. The stupid pictures people add to every thread they make.
They want to come off as "Ay man, like, shit doens't matter to me, I'm above it all, look at my meme-pictures"
It's incredibly depressing.
I'll look at your thread though.

Try taking something sincerely then for once.

Let me say something here.
Any thread with an honest or sincere premise will get ignored. You have to twist it into some Veeky Forums-meme tier bullshit to get responses.
Ergo, the whole board becomes a wasteland of the repetitious nonsense.
The "write what you're thinking" thread is occasionally interesting, and that's about it.
This whole board should just become that thread.

i mean in general yeah its a joke but the lack of moderation allows for much better "taste" than elsewhere. A lot of the books memed here or a lot of the music I've found through /mu/ would be harder to be exposed to on reddit

I have never once considered any of the posts here to be from people, meaning Real people. You're just personae's that can be funny or infotainment. You're also conduits, honeypotters, memer-stars, hordes and hiveminds. Sometimes the fun is, actually, most times the fun is delegitimising or double bluffs, but I'll go in for a long three months of walling in a general just so I can catch him off guard with cat video.

The colosseum is beautiful.

I have yet to find a single book mentioned that I haven't heard of elsewhere.

It's pretty impossible for me to take this website seriously (I occasionally do when I see a worthy topic or post) because people here are generally so retarded that I like to pretend that it's all a meme.
>inb4 why do you come here then
Habit.

it might just be that I don't get out much

? Try and have a point next time you post

all easily found on a site so simple as goodreads or amazon.

See this guy here is exactly what I'm talking about. He:
- he unironically compares himself to r*edit for no reason, thinks being better that r*ddit is an accomplishment
- doesn't realize that this board has a very basic and limited taste

Ok. Well. I guess this is goodbye then.... Wait! Wait! I know! I know a book.

>my diary desu

yeah but im the guy here and i havent seriously read much outside of class so getting exposed for the first time is interesting. dont cannibalize your young

augh, my only weakness. you have won.

sorry c:

dont apologize what you did is what makes Veeky Forums interesting. you were able to be honest without fear of downboats or bans. the incentive for posting here differs from pretty much anywhere else