"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

>"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

What was actually conveyed here?

Other urls found in this thread:

everystudent.com/wires/whodoyousay.html
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 22&version=KJV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There is nowhere in scripture where Jesus claimed to be God.

everystudent.com/wires/whodoyousay.html

I thought it was father
Anyway it was apparently Jesus’s human side, showing that even the most perfect beings question their faith in times of stress
But I’m not Christian do idk

He was wondering why his deity had allowed him to be nailed to a cross after a life of loyal and conspicuously magnificent servitude.

Just quoting dad's book.
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 22&version=KJV

I love System of a Down!

Again he never claims to be God; he says he is equal with God.

He was quoting the opening of Psalm 22, which is a Psalm about being despised and killed for your devotion to God. It’s to draw parallels, read Psalm 22 and it will be clear

John 20:28-29

>I thought it was father
It's "Deus meus" in the Latin, so father would be an indulgent translation.

Jews were monotheists, and God is considered the greatest being possible. If Jesus is equal to God, there are either two gods (Elohim and Jesus) or one God and it’s Jesus. God can’t have an equal in a monotheist system

I mean if you look at it, god is a real asshole. First there’s almost making someone sacrifice their son, then he sacrifices his own son ( what makes that his decision huh?) and finally all the bullshit that happened to job

Thomas calls him God idk if that is enough to verify the doctrine of the trinity.

That is why the jews killed him dum dum. You should read it sometime.

And it does not mean there are two gods it means that man can be equal to god with faith.

You must first discover another mysterious passage at the beginning of the passion:

>And they came to a farm called Gethsemani. And he saith to his disciples: Sit you here, while I pray.
>And he taketh Peter and James and John with him; and he began to fear and to be heavy.
>And he saith to them: My soul is sorrowful even unto death; stay you here, and watch.
>And when he was gone forward a little, he fell flat on the ground; and he prayed, that if it might be, the hour might pass from him.
>And he saith: Abba, Father, all things are possible to thee: remove this chalice from me; but not what I will, but what thou wilt.
>And he cometh, and findeth them sleeping. And he saith to Peter: Simon, sleepest thou? couldst thou not watch one hour?
>Watch ye, and pray that you enter not into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
>And going away again, he prayed, saying the same words.
>And when he returned, he found them again asleep, (for their eyes were heavy,) and they knew not what to answer him.
>And he cometh the third time, and saith to them: Sleep ye now, and take your rest. It is enough: the hour is come: behold the Son of man shall be betrayed into the hands of sinners.
>Rise up, let us go. Behold, he that will betray me is at hand.

>Thomas: you’re God
>Jesus: that’s right
I wasn’t trying to affirm the trinity, just the deity of Christ. Though I do believe in the trinity

Learn basic reading comprehension, then re-read this thread and my post. This way you don’t make embarrassing comments like that. Pic related is a good place to start

You are a slave to dogma and you think petty abuse is an argument

>jesus: thats right

But he did not say that. You are exhibiting confirmation bias which is common among dogmatic types.

>”you’re a dum dum”
“you misread my post, reread it”
>”WAAH! THIS IS PETTY ABUSE!”

Wow no wonder you don't get it.

>Jesus: blessed are you for believing that
>Jesus wasn’t affirming Thomas, that’s a dogmatic reading

This Jesus is grossly bright

He said in the kjv that thomas only believed because he could see (the risen christ) but those who believe without seeing are blessed. To me you could interpret that to mean that thomas was confusing christ's miracles for God itself. there are numerous interpretations other than the standard trinitarian position.

>Jesus: blessed are you for believing that
>Thomas must have been confused
You people against Christ’s deity always have to jump in fucking circles. Why not just be like a Muslim or Jehovah’s Witness, and just declare the standard Bible too corrupted to use? Write your own scripture, maybe? There’s no reason to impose these bizarre readings into the text, it’s quite clearly saying Jesus was God

He does not say thomas is blessed he is rebuking him. How can you not see that?
Anyway google Unitarianism.

I know what Unitarianism is; it’s not relevant to the discussion. Thomas says Jesus is God, Jesus says that Thomas believes. Jesus does not correct him or tell him he’s wrong, because Thomas is correct in saying Jesus is God. That passage goes right along with the other passages where Jesus declares himself equal with God and where he uses the divine name for himself (before Abraham was I AM). While Jesus never outright said “I am God worship me,” he frequently teaches that he is God

lmao

>"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

God the Father is illusory.

kek

>John 20:28-29
>Thomas answered and said unto him, "My LORD and my God."
>Jesus says to him, "You have faith because you have seen me? How blissful those who do not see and who have faith."

Jesus is so meta

>I thought it was father

is that bc of that system of a down song lol

>implying jesus didn't exist as the logos subordinate to God until God manifested him as a human

Just because jesus did not correct him explicitly does not mean Thomas was right. Jesus was pretty much saying it is better to believe in God without seeing the Son of God than it is to believe once you have seen him; and, you are speculating about what Christ thought, perhaps he did not correct him for many reasons, perhaps the church reworded it or excised it as they are often wont to do in order to back up their specious, paganistic doctrine. In my opinon the Church lost a lot when it became the Roman religion. The protestants should have gotten rid of a lot more than just the papacy. But i could be wrong. And ultimately i believe in universal redemption.

Well, an interesting interpretation of the narrative would be one of a transcendent God separating a part of himself and having it take on human form, living with us and experiencing the depths of human suffering and hopelessness. Ultimately he would come to understand the unbridgeable gap between mortality and divinity, which he couldn't conceptualize beforehand due to his unlimited nature. Having been fundamentally changed by this experience, he succumbs to despair and abandons mortal existence, thus severing all concrete contracts between himself and humanity leaving the human subject on its own to think through its existential truma.

Of course the mainstream Christian doctrine makes it boring because actually Jesus was always fully God, eternal and unchanging, and aware of everything he was doing, which brings you to ask why he would attempt such absurdities as praying to himself or whatever.

>Just because he agreed and amplified doesn’t mean he agreed

>which brings you to ask why he would attempt such absurdities as praying to himself or whatever.
Jesus never prays to himself, he’s the Son and he prays to the Father. Learn basic fucking theology you useless fucking faggot

I like that. My view is that Jesus was like Siddhartha giving others a view of the truth in this case being nondualism (we are one with god, his "children" so to speak) At the same time even though we are one it is not an undifferentiated mass, or maybe it is...honestly i dont know much.

So the Son was completely disconnected from the nature of the Father and couldn't communicate directly? I think that's some major heresy there.

This angry autist is the perfect """christian""". it is okay, brother.

>Jesus says to him, "You have faith because you have seen me? How blissful those who do not see and who have faith."

He is very much making fun of thomas here.

Praying is communicating directly. When you pray to the Father you directly communicate with him. Are you even reading my posts

And yet, he never claims that the faith is incorrect. I have not seen Jesus, and I also hold the faith that calls him my Lord and my God. Jesus is agreeing that he is God.

I am simply questioning the obvious contradiction between, on the one hand, Father and Son being separated from each other during the cross narrative, and on the other hand, having to believe that they are still ontologically one as Christians claim. How does divine unity survive not only the incarnation, but the radical doubt and despair experienced by Christ, which he would feel precisely because he was separated. You haven't adressed this point.