Why did Meursalt shoot the Arab 4 more times?

Why did Meursalt shoot the Arab 4 more times?

Shits and giggles

It's 5 and because why not

he shoots him once and then 4 more times. Why he'd do it initially is fine but why 4 more times?

feels good man

because the last four bullets don't make a difference

The same reason he shot him the first time

A revolver has 6 shots user

The gods had destined him to pull the trigger.

SKRRRRRRRRR ARAB IN MY SIGHTS, THAT'S MY BUSINESS
I POP MY LEAD TIL YOU FEEL IT
BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!

Depends on the revolver

after firing once
"Then I fired four more times at the motionless body where the bullets lodged without leaving a trace."

In literature a revolver has six shots unless otherwise stated

That's ridiculous.
The Colt Paterson in blood meridian has 5 and its not mentioned in the book.

Because the sun shined in his eye

Naming a specific revolver is different from just saying a revolver, like in the stranger

Because global warming is caused by arabs.

>Reading comprehension

Single-action revolvers with hammer-mounted firing pins are carried with 5 cartridges loaded, for safety.

He wanted to? Sand nigger was already dead, what's some more bullet holes gunna matter?

maybe if your a bitch

bc the ABSURD

but why did he want to?

Because of this

>he saved the last on for God

he was trying to feel something. he would have only fire once if he felt something on the first shot.

It was really hot man, what else do you expect me to say?

>Sun represents the Son of God or Jesus who Mersault hates

for the same reason that black people are used in reaction images and gifs -- because their features are so animated.
'Oi chum stop blackfacing us awright or ill beat
u'
"Well, listen here, my negroid accomplice: those lips on thy dirt-dark face are so red and bright as are thy eyes. As kittens are cute, your face is hilarious. As kittens are cute and cattle are not, negroids are funny and other races are not."
*negroid proceeds to beat me into the concrete*
ouch!

Anyone else get emotional when he sperg'd out at the priest at the very end and also realized that his gf was gonna get dicked from another man but surrendered to the idea cuz meaning is arbitrary

I feel nothing but anger

I thought he was right

To see if any more would evoke feeling?

He didn't even want to, he just did it. That's the point of the whole book.

Best answer in this thread

It bothers you that he couldve fired six shots but only fires five

It was an absurd act and we can never know you just have to accept it. In Sisyphus, Camus says the absurd arises through man's search for meaning in a meaningless world. That's just what's happening here, you're looking for a reason to why he shot 4 more times but there isn't one. You just have to accept the absurd (act) and live in spite of it. Just to through Sisyphus and everytime he says "existence" or "life" in relation to the absurd, replace it with shooting the Arab 4 more times. The point of the shooting is to show the absurdist argument on a more relative level.
tl;dr

because he ran out of bullets

Because it was hot.

Meursalt doesn't even know,
Just because is the best answer

That sounds like a rule that some teacher you had just made up. The only "rule" in literature is that there aren't any rules, just what you can prove. You can't prove your statement because it relies on an assumption.

Or he saved the last one for himself (symbolically).

I am brainlet and this book was a load of bullshit.

how so?

I felt as if my perceptions of him throughout the whole book were false. he felt almost schizoid, from the funeral to the time he spent dawdling in his apartment, even how he described his relationships. the time he spent in the courtroom solidified it, it all made sense in my mind.

when le absurdist philosophical dump happened on the last page I felt as if the past however many pages were a waste of time and amounted to nothing, it almost contradicted every moment of characterization. if that was the point then I guess congratulations camus, but other than that I can't say much on the book