Can stem major write a good book? And why answer is no? Hard mod:not genre fiction

Can stem major write a good book? And why answer is no? Hard mod:not genre fiction

>And why answer is no? Hard mod

If you live in one of the Veeky Forums states then you should be fine.
Protip: they're in the middle.

>who was Primo Levi

I wrote l'Anomie and I'm majoring in physics.

>Who is Pinecone

Arcadia?

E.O. Wilson

because they're boring and never read a book that is not a textbook

It's hard to tell since "STEM majors" have only been around in large numbers since WWII, and in that time period we haven't had that many good books written anyway. A lot of major published writers have all taken the same kinds of writing courses at the same universities, so a STEM major who hasn't taken those courses will probably be at a disadvantage.

Pynchon majored in English

Stem majors write good non fiction books.

He studied engineering first before leaving school to join the Navy, returned to study english. I think that counts but I guess its arguable.

The sections in GR that get pretty deep into the calculus underpinning the trajectory of a V2 rocket could only have been written by someone with at least a firm grasp of college level calc, which isnt that much but is definitely something.

Lewis Caroll and Thomas Carlyle were mathematians; search for polymaths and you'll find author who did another field (Charles Dickens and William Blake had no "proper" education at all).
Sir Thomas Browne, Robert Burton

And Dostoyevsky had a degree in engineering.

OP is a dummy.

Houellebecq has a degree in agricultural engineering or something like that

William Carlos Williams and Celine were both writers/physicians

Oh sure, I was just being pedantic

Fred Hoyle wrote The Element 79.
Asimov studied biochemistry.
Etc etc.

Tho' as far as I can see, if you wish to become an author, your best bet would be doing; either, Law, or Philosophy.

I don't really like him, but George Saunders is a successful author of literary fiction and he majored in engineering

I'm trying to think of other major contemporary authors who took a similar path but I'm drawing a blank. Science fiction probably has a lot of STEM majors... That Asian guy whose short story was adapted into Arrival (shit movie 2bh), I'm fairly certain he majored in computer science

Boris Vian. Not only a STEM guy but a fucking engineer.

What's the point of the colours? Notice that no state is adjacent to a state of the same colour.

This guy
Poet (or anti poet), mathematician and physicist

Is OP a retarded faggot? And why answer is yes? Hard mod: no cocksucking

Dostoyevsky.