Post your stack for the next 2 - 3 years. I'm not going to read anything else. I'll read and reread

Post your stack for the next 2 - 3 years. I'm not going to read anything else. I'll read and reread.

where did you get the Veeky Forums chair, OP?

good stacks

What the fuck is a Veeky Forums chair?

Top tier stack OP.

That would take 2-3 weeks AT MOST

Dosto is not as deep as you think it is

Only thing I'd add is Dante.

>Homer - The Iliad - Translated by Martin Hammond

I will be honest and say I haven't read that translation. That said, I've also never heard of it, and therefore kind of suspect it is shit.

niggas can't see clover/flower patterns anymore without associating with their addiction

a chair with Veeky Forums's corporate logo such as OP's

It's a Penguin classics translation.

That much is clear by the image.

>Holy Bible
>Catholic edition
they mean "The only true edition", amirite guyz?

Some furniture store that sells second hand stuff and stuff the owner made himself.

did you purchase it because of the Veeky Forums corporate logo?

you're right; he's deeper.

I got them years ago before I used Veeky Forums, didn't make the connection until now desu.

i see. now that the connection has been made (now that the (dare i say it) dust has settled, as it were), how do you feel about the chair?

penguin classic translations are very often old and outdated

>parenthesis within a parenthesis

He's on a mathematical level now.

It's like he (if he really is a he [and not a she {or maybe a ze} or something else], which we don't know) doesn't even know how to use brackets.

I like the chair(s), I have 4 of them. I'll probably be amused every now and again when I look at them and get reminded of the connection.

Lol translations aren't oudated, theyre either good or not

Its excellent and is used for academic study. Its style is very literal and not 'dynamic', sort of the ESV to Pope's KJV.

Dosto writes fairly simple fables, thats not a judgement on his works 'quality', but its hard to imagine reading and rereading and getting much out of it

Apparently it's the closest to actual Greek.

Silence!

t. never read him
>fable
lol

First page.

That's actually not bad, though I still prefer Lattimore.

bleah

Guys I've decided to add some more poetry and another work of philosophy. Leaning towards Dante or Shakespeare for poetry. Republic for philosophy.

>either good or not
>nothing can be greater than anything good
The earliest translators of the Russians are held in high regard, but when comparing them (her) to late 20th century translators they are (she's) terrible.

The Russian translation in the OP are by Volokhonsky (Anna K), Mcduff (penguin), and Coulsen (oxford).

i like it, on amazon?

Thread of 17 yr old boys who think Dostoyevsky is profound

Papi Peterson said he was, like, so deep.

You seem to be confusing Dosto with...the Bible?

Dostoevsky wouold unironically agree with this though, what kind of point are you trying to make?

powerful argument

Probably just search Martin Hammond translation

>I don't know it so it's bad

not all of us are neets

I see one glaring problem with your stack: there's no first-class original English, either prose or verse :) It's all translation.

I'm not saying you HAVE to remedy this with a Complete Shakespeare; that's merely a suggestion.

>Dostoevsky wouold unironically agree with this
Just get a load of this pleb.

>he's jealous he squandered his youth not reading an absolute madman like Dostoevsky

If you read carelessly, sure

What are you reading first?

>prose translation
ISHYGDDT

lol all bookish teenage boys like Dosty tho right?

IF any IS interested in literalist prose Homer, you have Hammond, Shewring and Rieu (the first Penguin classic), Rieu is easier to read though takes more liberties.

Nee-chee says [something completely incomprehensible that isn't even in anything Nietzsche ever wrote] and you know, Dostoyeksy, I mean this is just SOOO deep, when [bizarre incoherent reading of the first 50 pages of Crime & Punishment], and you see this over and over again in fairy tales. And Jung [totally unfalsifiable conjecture about another completely unrelated topic] agrees.

he could just get moby-dick
would coincide well with the nrsv

Stop adding stuff, it's a never ending treadmill. Just read what you have. Next time get some original English books and not translations.

I'll get moby dick.

>NSRV papist "bible"

What made you choose the NRSV over something like the KJV? Are you reading it for religious or literary reasons?

>committing to the NRSV "catholic" edition for 2-3 years
wew lad

I also have the kjv.
Will read the nrsv mostly becsuse it's a more accurate translation. Supposedly.

>tfw no Veeky Forums chair

If you're committed to the Latin sect, get yourself a Douay-Rheims. Otherwise, get an Orthodox Study Bible.

>I don't meditate

Dat ass

Is that a fucking Veeky Forums chair?

After I finally read all three volumes of The Gulag Archipelago (I have been meaning to read these long before Peterson became noticed or mentioned them), a couple non-fiction including The Bell Curve, then I am starting with the Greeks (which I already have the books acquired).

Essentially I have years worth of reading ahead of me.

>The Bell Curve,
Don't it's garbage

I'm trying to rediscover Christianity too, OP. I'm on spring break so I'll finish C&P and BK and go for Tolstoy.

>tfw saving up for a Veeky Forums chair because of this thread

maybe it will make hiroshima "jackie Veeky Forums" nagasaki notice me

You're going to get a custom chair made with a Veeky Forums logo?

Why do you say that?

stand aside, pleb fucks

first reply best reply

>Prose format
For Zeus's sake, don't do it.

Not him, but I'd do it if I lived alone. Maybe after I jump the border.

Can the Veeky Forums chair become Veeky Forums's new meme?

whats so special about the orthodox study bible. for one the notes aren't particularly great, and it uses the nkjv for nt which is an abomination compared to kjv.

This

Your mom thinks otherwise

If you guys want a "Veeky Forums chair" just look for 4 leaf clover chair. The one in OP's chair actually looks different from the Veeky Forums's logo though

I have started to perpetuate the meme. It begins

>buying books that far in advance
Why the fuck would you do that

In any case here is my current to-read stack. The beige ones are the divine comedy.

t. New

Fitzgerald really is my guy

>tfw make a post about books and happen to include the chair, it turns into a meme
I almost cut the chair out of the picture before I posted it.

My to-read stack changes depending on my mood, but here's what I picked up on Monday.

Whole lot of Soren and Fyodor to read

Got some reading for the next two months at least!

>2 months
confirmed NEET

I am also preparing for the next black swan event

:^)

Yeah, so what? You jelly?

I have a cool car

Thank god you didn't, user. Dubs confirm you as the chairman.

>I are speed readr

my most recent pickups. ill probably be finished with the lot of them by the end of spring.

i've already read 5 years to freedom so i'll probably blast through it after lathe of heaven.