Can you really be happy if you have a negative and cynical view of the world?

Can you really be happy if you have a negative and cynical view of the world?

Kinda. Being happy is satisfying.
Being a cynic is satisfying.
It's about the same.

Yes, because there’s humor
For example take a cat with a broken leg. Yes it is sad that it is suffering but it’s also funny because instead of it’s graceful stride it hops around like a goof

You can expect only bad things to happen to you, and rejoice when they don't. For some reason sad teenagers forget that last part.

How can you be happy any other way?

sociopathy

le optimistic nihilism

What do you mean? I said it’s sad, but everyone can eventually find the comical nature or the humorous irony in a tragic situation

Maybe Epicurus, depending on what you mean

if you think a cat with a shattered femur is funny you’re a sociopath, its not funny. ive watched animals maimed from coyote attacks limp around the neighborhood its not cute, nor is it humerous. you’re a sociopath, you have mental problems

balance is key

an animal getting eaten alive or a dog screaming while being attacked by coyotes isnt funny, but it is kind of funny how my grandma accidentally ran over the family cat

Fine be mean, I’m just trying to say you gotta look on the bright side

as long as you use that attitude as a critique it can be an incredibly useful tool for self empowerment
t. renzo novatore

There used to be a local stray with three legs and me and my dad called him stumpy and was kinda amusing. We used to yell for him with that name too and feed him. Guess were both sociopaths

no its not you’re just sick, death and violence aren’t funny people who are like this are cursed

I mean it's just an animal, we eat animals

>anyone into dark humor is cursed

I mean ok

>can you really be happy if you are a spineless pansy?
gee, I don't know user...

you’re both kind of faggots yeah, most humans are sick fucking sadists so unsurprising
you aren’r supposed to torture animals, you kill them and eat them
that’s not what i said, I said that laughing at severe suffering is a sign of sickness of cursed blood of being evil

laughing at K or Gregor is fine because kafka wants you to laugh with him at these pathetic doomed characters, laughing at a kid who had his arm cut off from civil war is sick. You’re fucking sick if you get off from other people’s acute suffering this site’s amoral hypocrisy can burn in hell, fuck anyone that thinks acut suffering is amusing. there’s nothing amusing about pain, its not humorous its not lighthearted its not relieving its awful its the bane of existence. you don’t need to be affected by it but if what it affects is sadism then you’re sick, you’re evil

most people, most average people are sick and evil, if you read anything worth your while, if you had even the barest instinct towards the Good you’d see most humans are unworthy of life

Wow calm down
Just because it’s not intentionally funny doesn’t mean it isn’t. Like the scene in of mice and men where George kills Lenny was pretty funny

Someone get this hothead outta here

He's right

>You’re fucking sick if you get off from other people’s acute suffering

>this site’s amoral hypocrisy can burn in hell
>fuck anyone that thinks acut suffering is amusing
>most humans are unworthy of life