Please tell me someone else has read this gem?

Please tell me someone else has read this gem?

Yes.

Glad to hear it. What did you think of the trilogy? I liked the prequel too. But it has been a while since i've read these books.

I actually have that book in a cabinet from who knows how many Christmases ago now. Worth reading?

Yeah I likes it. Liked the writing style and it was my first introduction to footnotes to be honest lol

I read this many years ago as a young child and remember nothing of it. Is it actually that good?

Yes, I remember reading the trilogy when I was about 10. Loved it, it was quite different from the usual fantasy I read.

Hooooooly fuck I was thinking about this cover and forgot what the boom was called. This was my favorite series as a kid!!!

I thought it was some pretty original fantasy so yes.

I re read as an adult and loved it just as much if not more.

Weird how almost everyone here seems to like it. Let me be the first to say that it was okay. The Prequel was boring as hell.

I have; in fact I read through the trilogy repeatedly as young'un. I the reckon the third one is the best. I feels like a brilliant culmination of the trilogy, with the mysterious Makepeace (I think that's his name) finally coming to the fore; the other Djinns emerging for the end of their stories; but most importantly for the culmination of the relationship between Nate and Bartimaeus. Kitty Jones is also a really wonderful character- her and the trilogy's eponymous character have a very wonderful little moment in the netherworld region (it's been a while seen I read the books).

Is this the Evangelion of children's books?

I almost did. In my elementary school library they placed this right next to Lotr to try to trick you into reading it. But I just read Lotr instead.

I read them as a kid in German though.
For a kid or teen they are great fun.
Next to Skullduggery Pleasant some of the only fantasy books I would suggest to a kid to read some fantasy.

I didn't like it when I was 12, and that was back when I liked pretty much everything.
I think I enjoyed the narrative voice, though.

there has never been a good prequel, prove me wrong

I absolutely have. One of the first series I plan to go to very my son. Outstanding in every way

the robert de niro scenes in godfather part 2

i mean it's not literature but you said there has never been so i am just saying yes there has been albeit very few

It's Bleach.

>It was there where I met the female djin
>I had sex with her once
>Remind me later, then I'll go into details

>You can't remind him because its a book

You're Bleach. Ohhh gotcha.

I'm glad you agreeAfter i finished the thrid book when Nate sacrificed his own life it was one of those times when all i could do was sit and think for 20 minutes and be sad it was over. Such a beautiful ending.

Go on, drink me.

Interesting.. I'm not bilingual and i always wondered how popular literature transferred over between languages. in school we read a bunch of Asian poems but the teacher was choosey about which one and not all of them seem to translate well.

After i finish my 2 0z corona.

haha 32.

Cornelia Funke is probably one of the most popular young young adult writers who is German but writes most her novels in English.
I doubt the issues that exist in poetry really needn't apply to fantasy

KEK "jew basic" silly person.

I can admit the prequel was a little boring. But I'm a sucker for origin stories. I always wanted to know more about Bartimeaus.