Reading difficult books regularly makes a brainlet like me tired. Recommend some easy/comfy books...

Reading difficult books regularly makes a brainlet like me tired. Recommend some easy/comfy books. Sending me to /sffg/ is cheating.

>Sending me to /sffg/ is cheating.
then go to r/books

lotr

Well if you want easy books that aren't fantasy, sci-fi, horror, or any other kind of speculative fiction...

Try John Green? I didn't like The Fault in Our Stars, but Turtles All the Way Down was decent if you can get past the cringe.

Damon Runyan short stories
Sherlock Holmes short stories (and Hound of the Baskervilles, as long as you are not too frightened by enormous, glowing hounds)
Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking-glass
Roald Dahl short stories
Surely You're Joking, Mr Feynman! is a very readable "autobiography" full of short anecdotes featuring Richard Feynman being pretty cool
Raymond Chandler is readable and not terrible
Montaigne's essays are quite chatty
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas is fun if you're in the mood for 1960s-hedonism-on-a-road-to-nowhere

I found most of Michael Crichton to be quite fun reads (NOT YOU, Airframe; you were boring as hell).
Have you tried Elmore Leonard? They've made loads of films (some pretty good) from his books, so you have a pretty good idea what you're getting into.
There's always P.G.Wodehouse of course. If you get into him and he "clicks", he's the best light writer ever. If you don't and he doesn't, he isn't.

Anything by Dumas

Yeah, and? Kids these days are so fucking spoiled. You're not supposed to cum every time you're doing something. It's fine if you're not having the best high of your life when you're reading a difficult book. That's why people told you it was difficult in the first place. Take a rest, strangle the cat, and continue to read the goddamn book.

Easy comfy BOOKS? If you want easy, you should try sleeping with your mom. That's the only explanation I can think of when I ask myself why a piece of shit like you exists. I bet you'd be comfy if you crawled right back into her womb you degenerate manchild. Why do WE have to spoonfeed you? You don't want science fiction? Read 50 shades or just fucking Google what to read. Why do we have these shitty fucking threads again and again? YOU COULD FUCKING GOOGLE IT!

Ubik
Oliver Twist
Huckleberry Finn
Blood meridian
Infinite jest

hehe

thanks for the suggestions

These I think are fine suggestions.

Apart from that,

Steinbeck - particularly Travels with Charley (maximum comfy), Cannery Row, Sweet Thursday (both comfy), but East of Eden is very good and not too hard as well
Dumas - Count of Monte Cristo is just a marvelous adventure, easily read, and highly entertaining. Comfy as well.
Zweig - The World of Yesterday, it's a sentimental vision of belle epoque and the interwar years of Europe. The Grand Budapest Hotel was inspired by it, and it is quite comfy.
I actually find much of Tolstoy's work easy and comfy as well, War and Peace in particular.
Lermontov, a Hero of our Time is both the things you're looking for too.

I agree with Huck Finn and Oliver Twist, but the first 200 pages of Infinite Jest are very tedious, and Blood Meridian is pretty far off the mark.

>Blood meridian
this
very cozy

>but the first 200 pages of Infinite Jest are very tedious
yes but it is worth it.
>blood Meridian off the mark
nah, it's comfy and easy don't you love being like a cowboy or somethin and coming across a tree of dead babies and whole villages full of burnt dead corpses. Peak comfy

Veeky Forums has bred its own unique form of Godwin. Every thread is a race among IJ, GR and U. As soon as one is mentioned, the thread is over.
It's like Mornington Crescent, but with three Mornington Crescents.

Infinite Jest

anything by mark twain.

Narnia - haven't read them since I was a kid, but remember them being good children's books.
Hitchhikers Guide - I seem to remember them being easy reading
Discworld - same as HHGG, especially the children's books

>nah, it's comfy and easy don't you love being like a cowboy or somethin and coming across a tree of dead babies and whole villages full of burnt dead corpses. Peak comfy
this except unironically

never let me go

Haruki Murakami