What are some prominent Jewish authors whose Jewish background has clearly shaped their work...

What are some prominent Jewish authors whose Jewish background has clearly shaped their work? Pic related would be an obvious example.

Plath and Ginsberg

Also, it's a cliche but the ways 'Daddy' by Plath use the Holocaust are really interesting

Stirner, Marx, and essentially the entire Frankfurt School

Philip Roth

Plath wasn't Jewish.

She just wanted to present a victim persona in her later poems and so, being ruthless and desperate, adopted the most potent victim mythos of the present day.
She actually incurred a certain amount of criticism for it - "co-opting the Jews' suffering" & all that.

What makes you think Marx is jewish?

I would be surprised if you could find any Jewish author whose Jewishness has not shaped his work.
But particularly striking examples that come immediately to mind:

Marrcel Proust
Stefan Zweig
Walter Benjamin
Karl Kraus
Joseph Heller
Philip Roth
Susan Sontag
Gloria Steinem

etc
etc

All of them, and with an extremely inbred tribe like jews, who are literally all 5th cousins of one another, this should come as no surprise. Europeans are unique in being staunch individualists, for better and for worse, but jews are as antithetical to that as it gets. Anyone who has studied the jewish problem notices right away the subversive and corrupting aspect of nearly everything they do or are involved with, and writing is no exception.

I feel like a detective whenever I ctrl f 'jew' on wikipedia pages

same

Install the cohencidence detector, fellas, it'll make the job much easier.

It really is remarkable how true /pol/ and Hitler are about the world we see today. Glad to see so many people waking up to the truth

Stirner was a gentile

This is true, he was actually pretty redpilled

>tfw you look up every artist, actor and writer by default to check if they're jews

Primo Levi
Joseph Roth
Paul Celan
Jerzy Kosinski
Jean Amery
Isaac Babel

saul bellow
the beshevis singer brothers

The authors of the Bible

all good writers

Surprised Freud hasn't been mentioned yet. Interpretation of Dreams reveals how profoundly his Jewish heritage has influenced him

Nathaniel West

What do you mean?

Anne Frank

Please don't dismiss my comment as anti-Semetic but this thread is retarded. First of all, there was nothing Jewish about Kafka's works, I'd like you to point out what you thought was influenced by Jewish heritage if you really believe so.

Second, pretend that I'm Canadian or something, and I have a character eat some poutine for lunch, would you say that my Canadian heritage shaped my work? There is nothing remotely remarkable about some Jewish cultural nuance making it into someone's text.

I swear people will latch onto fucking anything.

St Paul

>First of all, there was nothing Jewish about Kafka's works
read his diaries, cuck

I did. Please point to a specific instance where your claim can be observed.

How livid are you?

>Joseph Heller
How?

Are you mad dude LOL

>Second, pretend that I'm Canadian or something, and I have a character eat some poutine for lunch, would you say that my Canadian heritage shaped my work? There is nothing remotely remarkable about some Jewish cultural nuance making it into someone's text.
Yes, your Canadian upbringing has influenced it. Why are you sperging out? OP asked for prominent Jewish writers where their Jewishness has influenced their works.
Would you feel better if I go and make a thread now about Italian writers who have works influenced by Italianness?

There are a few third/fourth generation Italian-Americans who identify as "Italian" even though their only link to Italy is tenuous; at this point, it's just their surname. That's more a pride thing. Irish-Americans do this too.

The Jews and French are a lot more obnoxious about it. They don't just support their national team or pretend to like the cuisine of their motherland like the Italians and Irish do, they actually exhibit patriotism in a nationalistic and racist manner.

Compare French-Canadians and their retarded laws to ensure French culture is preserved to a few Irish-Americans drinking some beers on St Patrick day.

>The Jews and French are a lot more obnoxious about it. They don't just support their national team or pretend to like the cuisine of their motherland like the Italians and Irish do, they actually exhibit patriotism in a nationalistic and racist manner.

First, 'racist' isn't a real word and there's nothing wrong with nationalism. Second, if the French were as patriotic and nationalistic as you claim they wouldn't be getting islamicized at the rate they are, which, by the way, is a process that has been sponsored and promoted by jews, not limited to groups like the LICRA and CRIF.

I don't see how absolutely any of this relates to either my post, this thread or this board
>Compare French-Canadians and their retarded laws to ensure French culture is preserved to a few Irish-Americans drinking some beers on St Patrick day.
Yes, how strange that an ex-french colony might do more from a legal standpoint to protect their heritage than a small group of powerless descendants of migrants in minority status. Truly mind-boggling.
What's next? Water will run downstream?

>Pic related would be an obvious example.
I hate this meme.

Bloom started it. The old fart.

> First, 'racist' isn't a real word and there's nothing wrong with nationalism.

Say it all you like, it doesn't make it anymore true.

Reading mein kampf is like listening to woody allen.

french nationalism isn't about race

le ebin alienation

I think you understand why being a canadian in modern day canada has less baggage with it than being a jew in pre-WWI europe.

Mein Kampf is the most zionist thing I've ever read.

I know it's about snobby cunts who will literally pass laws about French signs having to be at least 1 inch bigger than the English ones.

French Canadians are the most pathetic people I've ever encountered, both individually and collectively. Fucking nuke them.

french canadians are hilarious. classic ressentiment...
also apparently women aren't allowed to take their husband's surname in quebec. what the hell

Marx

hitler tbqh

>Stirner
>prescribing to a macabre revival of family/commune ties in the post modern age

Is Kafka the original inspiration for elves in literature?

Not him but I'd guess he's alluding to the story of Joseph.

Christianity owes just as much to Gnosticism and the Mithraic cults as it does to judaism tbf

Who's the most quintessentially non-jewish author?

DFW or Jonathan Franzen

maybe but Christianity=/=what's in the Bible

Celine

Why didn't she take her husbands surname?

Because she's a public figure and her name is part of her brand.

she did.

Good as Gold