Frankenstein

What does Veeky Forums think of Frankenstein?

Lel who the fuck still thinks its a good idea to use that painting for a cover.

Very good.

It's pretty good.

I keep seeing this same fucking painting and I can't see at all how it fits with Frankenstein.

It's a picture of him in Orkney

I've come to hate this fucking painting.

>Gorra's (2004) analysis was that the message conveyed by the painting is one of Kantian self-reflection, expressed through the wanderer's gazings into the murkiness of the sea of fog
How do you get Kant from a guy standing on a rock? This fucking painting. I'm making an /ic/ thread first thing in the morning.

Boring

Good but a bit overrated

It's my favorite book

5/10. Decent for one read but I wasn't fond of the way it flowed with Frankenstein's narration and the monster's narration sandwiched in between Walton's.

I preferred Universal's Frankenstein film series over the book. Son of Frankenstein is one of my favorites. But Universal's Frankenstein quickly descended into pure schlock once Ghost of Frankenstein was released.

Dracula is better

I trust based Hayward Cirker's publication company to make a fitting cover choice over (((b&n)))

its shite

this

I reread it every year during the winter snuggled under blanket in my comfy Vladovostok.

Nice looking place.

why is the cover of Thus Spoke Zarathustra say Frankenstein instead?

at a glance, your life seems exceedingly depressing to the point of putting me in a condition where pondering it causes me to now feel i need a strong drink

It's a popular David Caspar Friedrich painting that gets repurposed for all sorts of things

is it Frankenstine or Fronkensteen?

Personally, I've not a fan of the victorian style of telling stories through letters between the characters.
Dracula did the same thing, and it just bored me.

Reading it now. Some parts are really great, like when lightning strikes and Frank sees the monster or when the monster runs at Frankenstein on the mountain. The monster in general is just really interesting.
But I dislike how much time is spent on telling you how much emotion everyone has (I don't know if this is a victorian or a gothic thing).
Also the making of the monster lacked a lot. The 'I can't describe how I did it because I don't want anyone to repeat it' shtick was a nice trick plot-wise. But I wanted to know a lot more about Frankensteins intentions behind creating the monster. Why did he make the monster so large for instance? Shelley just quickly says something about a bigger man being better or something. All I could think of was Melville lyrically going off on the whiteness of the whale for a whole chapter.

this

"Devil," I exclaimed, "do you dare approach me? and do not you fear the fierce vengeance of my arm wreaked on your miserable head? Begone, vile insect! or rather, stay, that I may trample you to dust!

Is Frankenstine a metaphor for the Frankenfurt Jews? A hideous monster, in the shape of a man, run out of town for doing monster shit, but it's not really his fault, because it's his nature. Frankenstein, (Jesus) ultimately suffering for trying to change his nature and perishing at the hands of... You know what, it really is about the jews.

Did I say Jesus? I meant to say Hitler... I always get them confused.

Your crime isn't that you're (pretending to be) antisemitic, it's that you're unfunny

Good novel. It's like an entry level ethics allegory.

No, I really am Antisemetic. It's funny, because it's teuem

Stein is a jewish suffix. Does that mean that the monster is a golem?

it's good

True*

Yes.

Funny I never saw the book that way. So it's actually just a Golem tale with a science/industrialism twist.

this

>a painting that defines romanticism
> Frankenstein is a book about romanticism

ur pleb is showing

>americans

mediocre