Is Picture of Dorian Gray worth the read?

Is Picture of Dorian Gray worth the read?

>i'm a pseud : the thread

what is pseud about this thread? is it the fact that pewdiepie is reading a classical literary work? is it the fact that you think he is intellectual deficient to read classical works because of his youtube persona? if that is the case, wouldn't the real pseud be you?

stop posting here pewds

GOT HEEEEEEEEEM

embarassing level of samefaggotry

This is punishment for dissing cliff. Peterson dissing will be dealt with later. You have been warned....

not really. it's mostly garbage. it's also hardly a 'classical' work of literature. i'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean, really.

>Picture of Dorian Gray
>is actually a book

apperantly it's a retelling of faust(makes sense if you think of the last SPOILER FREE convo dorian had with henry)
it's pretty overrated but still good imo

AVERT YOURN BEADY GLOBES, MINE EFFLORESCENT BLOSSOM!!!!!!
STICKETH ME WITH MOST FLESHLY DISTRESS, YOURN CAPTIVATING GAZE UPON MY GUISE HAS FORTHRIGHT!!!!!!

you watch pewdiepie
reflect on that fact and kill yourself

yes
lord henry wotton is literally me btw

It's an alright book. The only chapter i hated is when there was a timeskip and the narrator describes all the pretty shit dorian bought over the years

A rebours is superior

Best novel to read to understand Kierkegaard's concept of the aesthetic life

this marks the end of Veeky Forums

It's an entry-level book and that's fine but if you're used to reading good literature habitually then no you shouldn't because it's pretty crap.

pretty much
the threads make up like 10% right now and its only growing

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
SAVE US BUTTERFLY

No, I love him, he inspires me no homo

kill yourself

A person with status gets people back into reading.

Veeky Forums doesn't like this.

What is wrong with you people?

>literally one meme hits the board for one day
>immediately starts screaming for hotpockets and tripfags
Veeky Forums is never gonna make it

Why are there like 50 Pewdipie threads? Keep it contained in one thread.

OK, I will but only ironically
Gatekeeping. For many people on this board reading literature is the only way they can feel superior. So when normies read the same things they feel bad about themselves. Especially when someone like pewds is BTFOing everybody at 650 wpm

It's not that good but not too long, might as well just read it to see what everyone is talking about

Where can I buy this version of American Psycho?

Besides the Ebay, obviously.

>started browsing this board because of Pewdiepie

How dare people enjoy things that you don't enjoy. And how dare they enjoy media aside from literature.

>The only chapter i hated is when there was a timeskip and the narrator describes all the pretty shit dorian bought over the years

I love that chapter

Worth a read its super short so shouldnt really take longer than a few days depending on free time

this but unironically
also kys

disgusting

i've only read two books this year, pewdiepie has read five last month, and i have more free time than he does

If you really are such a lazy faggot just smoke some weed and listen to an audiobook while playing an FPS (with the game on mute) and consume the literature this way. Yes, this is how ADHD riddled faggots act, but guess what? It's better than consuming no literature at all you fucking nigger. Get audible and stop whining, retard. Before you moan that "you won't comprehend the book like this hurr durr" just read a summary of the book after your gaming session, write some notes on the book, a mere fifteen to twenty minutes of note taking or reading of literary analysis will give you a better comprehension of the books themes, symbol, and motifs than 75% of the people that browse this board. Most of these mega plebs just chug through books without giving them a second thought which is why this place has no in-depth discussion whatsoever.

plus the kind of grindfest jrpg shit fags who post anime play u can easily concentrate on the audiobook, i used to play doom doom deathmatches and listen to teaching company lectures, doom is all instinct so most of the time u can just space out and not even think about it and concentrate on the audio

How does he read so many books in a month? His first language isn't even English.

i don't even play video games at all. i read for a few hours, lurk and shitpost for a few hours, watch something and go to bed.

on the rare ocassion when i manage to get my hands on some weed (i'm a neet with no friends or money) i'd rather use it for music or relaxing outside

god i wanna cum on tay's face so bad

D E S T R O Y E D

>stop reading i want to feel special

Yeah that's a cool cover, probably find it at a used book store.