Machiavelli was literally tortured by an occupying force for a while and when he was let go he didn't retire to his...

Machiavelli was literally tortured by an occupying force for a while and when he was let go he didn't retire to his bedroom and shitpost on the internet about how hopeless everything is. He wrote The Prince.

>the prince
such a meme book tbqhwyf

It is legitimately an invaluable piece of literature that will forever change your life if you understand the ideas presented.

She's cute, you know

god I wish that were me

I think people that complain about their suffering have not suffered NEARLY enough and should aim to increase it. Once you get to the breaking point, that is preciously when you double down.

so its ironic

Did you know that Machiavelli was such a romeaboo that he would dress up in his best clothes whenever he went to read Livy and Cicero.

You don't put on period dress for every book you read? I think /r/books is more your speed you fucking turbopleb

Isn't writing "The Prince" just the 13th century equivalent of moping on Veeky Forums?
It's literally a book bemoaning how dark and hopeless the world is lmao.

>he doesn't dress formally when he writes

you are NEVER going to make it. Sit up straight, get out of those fucking cargo shorts, clean your room BUCKO.

He also wrote instructional plays about how to cuckold people

>instructional

He's got a black comedy play where a guy is set up with woman of dreams but its actually a gay guy who fancies him in drag and he bums him by mistake. Surprising that conceit hasn't been more popular over the centuries

Did Aristophanes do tranny jokes? Thought he mostly stuck to calling people fags and cucks like a true patrician.

>The Prince

You just said he didn't shitpost about his experience being tortured by an occupying force

>he thinks The Prince is actually a serious book

Lol

I apparently don't understand the ideas because i didn't really get why it was so radical.

You clearly didn't read and think it's about muh manpulative sociopath.
It's about protecting yourself from them and to be a ruler of lesser evil protecting society from true tyranny.

If he were alive today, Machiavelli would definitely post on Veeky Forums.

>..by being a tyrant

People who say The Prince is satire either haven't read it or are Marxists who want to delude themselves into thinking its satire.

The other user is right, changed my life after reading it in June. I can't look at the world the same again. It really will give you not only a fresh perspective but the tools to navigate interactions with people with the purpose of manipulating the situation to your advantage

He never proposed tyrannical ideas.

posts like this reinforce the idea that it is satire

>ad hominem

fuck off norman