Name one (1) better epic novel or epic film. Pro-tip: you can't

Name one (1) better epic novel or epic film. Pro-tip: you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RuxHLzwlDY4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Epic Novel
The Brothers Karamazov
>Epic Film
Apocalypse Now

>Odyssey

>Heat

>Epic Novel
War and Peace

>Epic Film
Braveheart unironically.

Can do both in one
>epic novel/film
Lord of the Rings

Have you guys even read Moby Dick? The book makes those look like a children's puppet show. Yes, Bros K and W&P are beautiful, sprawling texts, but Moby Dick is the work of a pure, crystalline genius, subsuming reality and humanity and placing it on the page, for no avail by his kinsmen, his beloved country foundering in ignorance round him, only pushing him to create greater works. And yet, here are two serial authors, deeply beloved by their morally and ethically bankrupt citizen brethren, allowing ego and fame to forever taint their works, and you two believe that somehow these quaint works of unpulchritudinous veneer are indications of greater genius?

>Tolstoy
>Quaint

get out.

Naught but quaint, m'fraid. Your adherence to blind praise does not impress me, mayhap you'll put a little effort into your thoughts the next time your head pokes from the muck. This is truly the sort that is attracted to quaint dime store texts the like of Anna Karenina.

>Naught but quaint, m'fraid. Your adherence to blind praise does not impress me, mayhap you'll put a little effort into your thoughts the next time your head pokes from the muck. This is truly the sort that is attracted to quaint dime store texts the like of Anna Karenina.

this is the gayest sentence ever composed. no wonder you love melville.

your inability to do else but quote me and offer derisive trivialities betrays your inadequacy to respond with anything of substance. I do hope you gravitate towards useful output on some fine day. Perhaps to your benefit would be greater input.

are you just really bored or something?

No.

Agree with MD. Disagree with TTRL.

I cracked up the whole time reading this, wow there's some humorless people on Veeky Forums lmao

Only decent answer so far.

Maybe he's the humorous one. And the joke went over your head.

Only normie answer so far.

OP BTFO

This. I don't know about the book(7 pillars of wisdom).

Nothing posted definitely beats OP. is closest.

Thin Red Line is shit

Mallick is shit.

I was fairly serious, just writing in a humorous way.

War and Peace
Lawrence of Arabia

or

One Hundred Years of Solitude
The Godfather

>Lawrence of Arabia

I mean, just listen to this:

youtube.com/watch?v=RuxHLzwlDY4

Well, OPs movie choice just got assraped by Pajeets

>Pajeets
elaborate

bunyip

>Moby Dick is the work of a pure, crystalline genius, subsuming reality and humanity and placing it on the page,

>50 pages detailing maritime knots of the 19th century
>5 pages of joyous homoeroticism
>50 pages detailing outdated marine biology on whales

Some day, you will realize with great anguish, the gravity of those words:

>“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”

those pages were a pleb filter.

>those sections were not the greatest in the book
hopeless.

Go to bed children

The Thin Red Line isn't an epic film, it's just long. It takes place over the course of a couple days.

This is the epic film. Nothing else comes close. OP BTFO.

>Epic Novel
The Count of Monte Cristo
>Epic Film
Once Upon a Time in America

It's also a great book

>unpulchritudinous
This nigga said unpulchritudinous axaxaxaxax, im trying to get at your level tho.

My man, you got some perfect taste