Reading fiction

>reading fiction

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/definitory?utm_campaign=sd&utm_medium=serp&utm_source=jsonld
merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/what-does-cromulent-mean
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he's too dumb for fiction

i'm so sorry.

More like you're too dumb for non-fiction.

Remember, non-fiction includes mathematical propositions, pleb. And I'm not talking textbooks either.

By reading fiction you fill your small brain with someone else ideas and opinions. When reading fiction, you make your own based on what you read.

>muh math is all that matters

this is absolute non-sense. when reading writing by almost anyone you're filling your mind with someone elses ideas. truly original thought is exceedingly rare.

>inb4 not for me im genius xd

dunning-kruger.

>this is absolute non-sense. when reading writing by almost anyone you're filling your mind with someone elses ideas. truly original thought is exceedingly rare.
Not with ideas, but with state of nature, how things work or how events happened

those are conceptual constructs and models for reality AKA fucking ideas. non-fiction only autists make me ill.

>read two hundred novels and it's pretty much all stuff that you've figured out through everyday experience and dealings with people
>read one poem and reality and language fractures for you and you are left in a state of aesthetic bliss and wonder
>read one serious history book and learn more about the world in ten pages than in a library of novels
>read one serious math book and feel shame and bewilderment at the intellect and abstract creativity it must've took to derive the contained theorems
>read philosophy and realize it's ten times longer than it needs to be

y/a doesn't count friendo.

I know

name the 200 you read.

reading is stupid because you're either thinking another man's thoughts (gay) or a woman's (effeminate and pathetic)

non-brainlets discover everything independently

I hope you don't say this in real life, people will think you're highly autistic

Are you like 16 user? Reading thirty books a year for seven years will get you to 200

nice self-portrait, friend

>suggesting mathematical propositions are a definitory feature of non-fiction
wildest stemlarp ever, this is just so entrenched in "le maths vs lit", "facts v feels", "realistic v humanistic", whatever you want to adapt it-dichotomy it just can't be real

This thread again

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/definitory?utm_campaign=sd&utm_medium=serp&utm_source=jsonld

not the most CROMULENT dictionary you could choose, heh?

merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/what-does-cromulent-mean

last time i searched on merriam-webster they didn't have it. oh well

And they explain why. It's a word from the fucking Simpsons. May God have mercy on your soul if you're reading authors who actually use that word.

It's a shit dictionary desou. I haven't checked your link btw
And yea, god forbid that you should enrich your language by reading authors who use less popular words. PTOO!
I still don't get what was your problem with "definitory" in the first place though