How would a stoic deal with this?

>had a time released inheritance with the clause of me working 5000 hours at any job
>chose to be a busser at a fine dining restaurant
>fulfilled my hour requirements and got my inheritance
>trade stocks and it makes me even more
>decide to eat at the restaurant I used to work at and see some old friends
>they all treat me like garbage and the servers are downright rude to me and say I shouldnt spend my lottery winnings on food
>they would never say this any other patron
>i ask to see the manager
>manager used to like to me and he comes over and doesn't really take what im saying serious and doesn't seem to care that I was offended at the remarks and he's smiling and almost laughing
>remember the servers used to treat me like shit when I was a busser because they thought I was below them

I'm hurt. The restaurant is really good too idk what to think now. I thought they'd be treating me with more respect seeing how they treated me like such garbage for years . idk how to handle this

they're fuckheads. don't tip, and don't go there again. ideally you'll say what restaurant, so people can know to avoid it.

oh woops missed your title. a stoic would ask if the meal and service was equal to what he paid. if it wasn't, as i suspect in your case, he might complain to the manager's boss out of a sincere desire to help the business improve and instruct the staff in morals. not out of vengeance.

you're stupid as fuck, people are insanely jealous of money and leisure. Just people knowing that I have a little bit of money set aside for me makes them hate me. Never ever tell people how you are doing financially and try to separate your wealth from your personality as much as possible. There is no honor among men, best to treat them like they're on the edge of being scoundrels at all times

(its a meme that stoics accept everything good and bad unfazed, like perfect men or christs)

you're probably a manlet

Bust out a hundred dollar bill and light a cig with it. Ash in a glass and ask them who the fuck they’re talking to. If they threaten to call the police, throw money on the floor and tell them they can pick it up together. Remind them that you could pay off their minimum wage and still bath in champagne. Their wives couldn’t refuse to suck your dick for the money you could offer. Leave and never come back. Shoulder check them if you pass by them on the street. Otherwise treat them as dead.

you are right, however I think this user got pretty close to how Stoics would likely assess the situation

i'm 6'0

If I was a good looking girl I would do whatever you wanted, let you degrade me, beat me and do my best to make you happy.

Great literature post my friend.

people are jelly.
i also have been very lucky and sometimes when i hang around or try to associate with "normal" people they tend to want to put you down out of their own insecurity. This also happens to my friend who has a famous family.

You’d have to take a number, golddigger #72

>you're stupid as fuck, people are insanely jealous of money and leisure. Just people knowing that I have a little bit of money set aside for me makes them hate me.
I hate you for saying this, it makes me sad too but I would be completely subservient to you in person because I know my betters and poor people can never be truly intelligent in this day and age.

Shoot up the restaurant, it's the only way. An expression of violence is the most potent way to exercise your own personal autonomy while simultaneously subjugating that of others.

>A. OP's ex-coworkers are envious and spiteful people
or
>B. Knowing he'd eventually be able to cash out, OP was a condescending little shit the whole time he was working there, while doing the bare minimum not to get fired, which incurred the resentment of his coworkers
or
>C. Mix of A and B

C. Final answer Regis.

They're forced to serve someone who was once below them, so it's understandable for them to be pissed off. You can't do much to change their opinion, but you could try explaining to them they don't gain anything from disrespecting you.

You can never go back, no matter when and when you think it is. They treated you like shit before, and you expect anything different now? Move on, forget about those shits. Living well is the best revenge user. Enjoy what you have. If you're lucky, you might be able to forge some semblance of a life. Like studying the stoics, for example.

isn't living well only the best revenge if they see you living well

God sees you living better than them and more morally and thus when you die you get to laugh together from heaven at those assholes who treated you like shit as they burn in hell for all eternity.

>Born in Vienna into one of Europe's richest families, Wittgenstein inherited a fortune from his father in 1913. He initially made some donations to artists and writers and then, in a period of severe personal depression after the First World War, he gave away his entire fortune to his brothers and sisters.

>God sees you living better than them and more morally and thus when you die you get to laugh together from heaven at those assholes who treated you like shit as they burn in hell for all eternity.
Is this genuinely what faith is?

>time released inheritance with the clause of me working 5000 hours at any job

Do Americans really do shit like this?

very true

Yes.

tip well and don't go back

new pasta, saved

this is honestly even better than the "I went to McDonald's today" pasta, thanks OP, well done

Who cares they're fucking waiters, they are among the lowest there is. Of course they are desperate for anything they could utilize to amend their perceived relative social status. I would smile and be happy that you're not them, waiting sucks ass.

>muh social hierarchy
stop being insecure and looking for approval, play by your own rules and judge yourself based on that. I'm willing to bet that subconsciously 'now they'll have to treat me differently' was the main reason for your visit to that restaurant.

so, after 5000 hours of you rubbing your future inheritance in their faces you went back to lord it over them and unironically tried the bisk?

Why did you go back and dine there?

They probably thought you were sticking it to them so acted accordingly.

Anyway a true stoic would say the entire place and people involved are totally irrelevant to your life and mission, and move on not bothered with vengeance. You won, they lost and continue to lose, who cares

Presumably you're good at writing. Write a well worded and culinarily informed review about the restaurant, give it to the biggest paper.

bisque, you ignorant commie black bloc brainlet

I mean, you really didn't work for that money. It's fair that they would resent you. You took the condition "work 5000 hours" and chose the most basic-ass job that any troglodyte could get. And you quit the second your money came down the line, while they have to work, y'know, for food. At least those other customers MIGHT have earned their lifestyles.

i agree, their thoughts are of their own and only you choose to identify and hold and attachment to them, that is of course if you are subject A
in post. If not, then well what can i say you deserved it and now you have the chance to learn from your actions.

Either way, i wouldnt be fased, embrace the impermanence of their presence and continue doing what you are doing OP