How can anyone take him seriously lmao

How can anyone take him seriously lmao

Other urls found in this thread:

lrb.co.uk/v31/n14/slavoj-zizek/berlusconi-in-tehran
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

To be fair, SSRI's do oftentimes fuck up your sexuality, making you either outright impotent, anorgasmic, or desensitized to the point of sex not even being pleasurable.

Of course, listen to the psychologist popping the pharmajew. It's his genes! His advice is sound!

L M A O

Peterson has been married for thirty years.

Zizek been divorced three times.

Zizek is a waste of time.

socrates is dead y'all

>peterson is a needy cucked faggot

>zizek is a free manly spirit

Seems about right

not an argument

Does Peterson's daughter have a boyfriend?

Hemingway was divorced three times. Does that make him a waste of time?

He killed himself, so he thought so (I don't think so)

Sorry kid.
Nice girl too, I went to school with her.

I don't think he killed himself because he thought HE was a waste of time. He thought rather highly of himself. More like he thought life was a waste of time, especially after falling ill.

>be 19 get into college
>meet this super cute 21yo veteran girl and fall deeply in love
>she has a boyfriend and they seem to love each other very much, I'm too shy and still a teenager at this point so I never talk to her anyway and not even bother
>then she shows up pregnant that same year and I think "well, there goes that chance I never actually had"
>she dissapears from college, I was told she married the guy
>forget about her
>two years later she reappears to finish graduation, taking her son to class and all
>we get to talk a little since I don't feel any pressure to hit on her anyway
>we part ways
>two years later I meet her again out of a coincidence, she broke up with the guy and her son is old enough that he doesn't need 24/7 attention
>ask her out
>we go out, we make out, best sex in my entire life I swear to god and she says she had a crush on me from way back when her son was a baby
>we go out a few times, but since I'm deeply in love I ruin it by putting too much pressure on it
>she leaves me and I'm depressed as all fuck
>a few months later we start talking again online since she lives out of town
>good friends plus most likely we will fuck again when we meet

life is funny bros

>this level of reddit spacing

At this rate Peterson will be marketing brainforce pills within a year

>Peterson claims makeup is based on some evolutionary psychology of women trying to be like fruit so men would want them
>Peterson used makeup
>therefore Peterson wants to be a fruit
PETERSON IS A FAG

just getting in touch with his jungian hermaphrodite

Jordan really embraces the anima & animus.

>Peterson claims makeup is based on some evolutionary psychology of women trying to be like fruit so men would want them

With the unironical shit about saving your father from the belly of a dragon, I honestly cannot tell if this is satire or not.

He is a mongoloid

at least you should be aware that i didn't read any of that.

Who in God’s name cares

Nothing says Virgin more than writing an entire psychology class on Pinocchio. It's a damn disney movie about a puppet learning what it means to be a human boy, christian morals, HOW FUCKING DEEP CAN YOU REALLY MAKE IT SEEM TO BE

brb gotta save my dad from the whale

pretty sure that's just him badly imitating zizek, who compared berlusconi to kung fu panda, making the stupid image macro at the top oh-so-relevant.

>compared berlusconi to kung fu panda
lol
source

Zizek is far more guilty of movie analogies than Peterson.

lrb.co.uk/v31/n14/slavoj-zizek/berlusconi-in-tehran

There's an entire school of lacanian movie analysis, so it's no surprise. I'll admit that's the reason I became so interested in Zizek but particularly Lacan in the first place.

I'm trying to watch Peterson's analysis on Pinocchio but it's pretty bad.

Peterson has a lot of good hypotheses, but not many good theories.

Are these really the best philosophical minds of our time then lol? Cuing talking points from children's movies...that's what it's come to. I think I'll stick to being a Molyneuxfag so I can listen to someone complain about his mother every other video he puts out.

god i fucking hate psychoanalytic film criticism

psychoanalysis is complete pseudo-science. It verges on being a cult, the way they react to any sort of criticism by accusing the person of mental illness

>>we go out a few times, but since I'm deeply in love I ruin it by putting too much pressure on it

can relate :/

This! as if a film had a psyche. Fucking charlatans.

I can't stand psychoanalytic Lacanian film criticism but I will say Zizek is at least as good at it as anyone else.
I will say half the graduate students who have to grade Lacanian film papers by undergrads do not have a fucking clue what Lacan was on about either.

is Lacan the biggest meme of 20th century intellectual thought? some of his later writings are completely incomprehensible.

Soy

reddit

>t. brainlet
of course it is, its the study of the unconscious, it wouldnt be unconscious if it could be measured
>as if a film had a psyche
>characters all have free will and defy the laws of nature
have a (You) you inbred hick

Jordan Beep Eaterson

>what is the mirror stage

yes

You aren't even capable of understanding a post on Veeky Forums, I highly doubt you can analyze the unconscious

>doubt implies possibility
i couldnt care less what you think, enroll in a history of psychoanal. and stop spewing drivel you know nothing about
>analyze the unconscious
>theory yields positive results
nope cant do it

>, enroll in a history of psychoanal
ill get right on that after I finish my courses on alchemy and astrology

>sarcastic submission is still submission

>The study of the unconscious
You mean "the study of a made up thing with made up characteristics"

Why did you post this?

lol he's literally a fat messy cokehead who spends all his time making autistic pop culture relations. Nothing chad about that.

first one to talk gets to stay in my nation

Fucking soyboy cuckold numale

>but he's happy.
get outta here with your objectivity

I don't know, just felt like posting about it. It's like a personal blog. What's the worst that could happen? Rustle some faggots like yourselves :^)

i know right :'((

Lost all respect for Peterson when I saw the video of him crying about the holocaust

>contemporary """""philosophers"""""

Neck yourself

Not an argument

The reason psychoanalysis works on things like that is precisely because no one works on things like that. It is about our blind spot, that's all. It comes from the hypothesis that in the little things or in things we don't regard as serious that we actually show more of ourselves then with serious stuff in which we are consciously attempting at something. When we are "relaxed" and not attempting anything, we reveal much more. That's why psychoanalysis takes dreams, jokes, slips and so on very seriously (maybe not "serious", but in a considerate manner). Ever noticed how couples fight over tiny little things (which are never about just those things)? Or have you ever got out of a hard situation in life only to find it all so ridiculous and small years later? Or even, do you notice how other people are often spooked over trivial shit that you don't care at all and when you talk about your issues to them they seem not to understand?

Psychoanalysis is basically a method of listening, more so than attributing meaning to things as people seem to think. A good psychoanalytic analysis is basically listening straight on to what is being said and not looking away because you consider it pathetic or unimportant at face value. It's not even ironic that people have a hard time accepting it, it's kind of expected.

Zizek uses this a lot to talk about ideology, so yeah, Kung Fu Panda and mindless cheap flicks like that tells a lot about people and society, it tells things that serious texts about the world won't really show. They are the things that are unimportant because they are normalized, so ingrained in our society that we don't find it peculiar at all, that's where ideology appears.

I don't think I saw Peterson's class on Pinocchio but I remember him talking about it occasionally. I think it's pretty standard stuff, interesting nevertheless. I like some things about him and not others. It's not psychoanalysis though, he is on a very different line of thought from Zizek.

>the way they react to any sort of criticism by accusing the person of mental illness
I've never seen this happen ever in my life, I don't know where you saw something like this. That's a caricature of it. Psychoanalysis does not even consider people to be ill vs normal like other areas of psychology. Because it does not imply a particular way of functioning as normal and at the same time it does believe we are without contradictions and issues(because we are divided, we don't know all of ourselves, etc).

>SSRI's do oftentimes
>anorgasmic
IS THIS WHY I'VE NEVER HAD A FUCKING ORGASM? OH MY FUCKING GOD