Reminder that you are a good writer user and people will like your book

Reminder that you are a good writer user and people will like your book

we will do it, user, one day we are gonna be famous

I won't
I'm not a writter
Stop lying

Thank you we can all achieve are dreams of writing something good.

We write well and we will continue to improve for those who will read and enjoy our work.

y-you too...

Bop

But I mostly translate and write essays...

Sorry but even if everyone here was a good writer I can say for a fact that only like 1-2 people will like the books written by Veeky Forums becase they would all just be pretentious and boring trash that Veeky Forums thinks is deep.

It's so hard. I wrote 50 pages of a novella I'd totally outlined and then realized that I was trying to write about a situation I couldn't possibly accurately describe the emotional repercussions of. It was about a high school principal who becomes a spree killer to cover for her autistic teenage son who accidentally kills a bully on the school grounds. It was becoming nothing more than the protagonist freaking out, lying to people, hating herself, and then having to kill again. It wasn't fun or interesting. You can't read 150 pages of someone just committing murder over and over and then crying and drinking afterward. It was disappointing because everyone in my family told me they really liked my idea, and I feel like I let them down by abandoning yet another project.

You're lying, but I appreciate it.

I want to write military science fiction but have no idea if the market is really there.

My work would be thematically unique but it's the doubt that that's enough which stops me.

I said this in another thread, but I've looked this up, and apparently self-publishing on amazon doesn't actually stop you from finding a publisher. too You can look it up yourself, but it's what I'm planning to do.

It's funny, that was me you replied to.

I guess I could just spend a month or two cranking something out and see what happens, but what if no one reads it in the end?

Haha, it's a small board I guess.

Well, if nobody reads it, then... I guess you just have to write something else. It's a bummer if that happens, but that shouldn't impact your love for writing, Just gotta keep going.

The problem is there's a very specific kind of world that I've wanted to create and write about since I was a kid. If I blew the first shot I'd probably not want to do it again.

guys just self publish it on Amazon under a pen name

reminder that if you post anime, you aren't going to make it

Well, I don't know what to say to that. That's just kind of a rage quit, isn't it? Everything going wrong the first time is like, the universal law of all artists, writers or otherwise.
Don't take this the wrong way, but you need to suck it up. If you want to make something, you have to assume it's going to fail, and keep going at it. If that's enough to get you to quit, then I can't imagine it's that important to you. Don't you want to fight for it? Isn't it your baby?

I think writing is a good way of exploring situations and ideas that permeate your mind, theres something cathartic about it regardless of someone else liking it. Your writing being appreciated by many is definetly the dream though.

I completely agree with you, it's just that you can't redo something like that. Can't pretend it didn't happen, try it again and promise it's better this time. The whole setting and many of the base themes are now verboten. Would just be a shitty situation.

Then write something else and save the "masterpiece" for later?

How to devalue writing advice on Veeky Forums, the post

>not writing a vn where standards are so low and charging a fall amount while racking in the cash

You get to be weeb, lit, and rich at the same time.

I'm not saying it's a masterpiece, I'm just saying it's the one thing I'd want to put commercial-scale effort into. So yeah, that is the logical thing perhaps, but it would essentially be doing something I don't want to do.

I guess that's the name of the game, though? I need to get over the defeatism crap. Wish I could really take action on the ideal that some things are worth doing for their own sake.

hahahaha good one user, not even published it and already getting bad press.

rip

try reading old masters about writting

I believe in you user!

I mean surely there must be other compelling ideas or things you can write about.

no, you certainly do not. you don't even know what my book is about, or the kind of questionable things it contains.

I have a fairly unhealthily hyper-focused mind on the sort of world I want to create. It's rather unconventional, sci-fi and fantasy both do and do not apply as labels.

You're right in that I should toy more with my other ideas.

is lewd?

no shit?

no u

I GOT QUINTS does that mean I'll get published?

I seek no fame though

Then what do you seek from writing?

Reminder that literature has gone to shit and we need new writers.

In all honesty it sounds interesting and something I would read, maybe it needs a twist to stop the story going stale in the last act.

Ask yourself if you want to write something that you enjoy writing, or something other people would enjoy reading.

My greatest fear is not that no one will read it but that those who do will not get it or enjoy it.

Thinking of killing myself a lot lately...welp better get writing another 1000 words describing depression. Ha!

>decent prose
>no idea for a plot or characters
>tfw I'm doomed to writing beautiful sentences and paragraphs that lack any context

t. fitzgerald

Thanks user, but nothing you say will ever give me the confidence to show anyone my novels. I'm already on my fifth one. It's how I cope.
Perhaps someone will discover my writing after I die, but I doubt it.

Pseudonym on Amazon self publish.

Here's what I did. Give yourself an "internet name" if someone is mean to you, just remind yourself, they're not being mean to you, they're being mean to "internet name".

Fake it till you make it.

At least you've got something written. I've been writing since I was ten and I haven't managed a single goddamn story. So you're better off than me.

I do too user! Small world, and I wish you the best of luck!

Even that disconnected criticism would hurt me too much.
Nothing I write never feels good enough. The characters are never interesting enough, the premise is never unique enough, the prose is always too amateurish. I always feel guilty for writing something because someone better than me could have done the idea much more justice. Whenever I write I feel guilty for wasting my time on something so frivolous because the only things my parents ever complimented me on was my schoolwork and all but forced me to get a STEM degree through college.

No one has ever read my work. No one in my life even knows I write. Really the only reason I write is because it's the only way to express my feelings since I feel too guilty trying to burden other people with them. I have such an inferiority complex that I can't even initiate conversations with people because I feel too guilty for bothering them. I have no friends besides business acquaintances. Really the only place I can talk to people normally is Veeky Forums, the only thing I have is an email account. Honestly I wish I could just kill myself, but that would just burden my family, and my dysfunctional family is all I have.
Sorry for blog-posting.

Maybe I keep writing in the vain hope that one day I'll finally like what I create.

But it's a history book, and even if it gets published, only grad students will read it.

Thank you user. Hopefully I'll one day be able to write something worthy of being published, and so will you.

thanks for the noble lie, user

You clearly have faith in your ideas. Did someone else in the world have your idea?

No?

How are they going to do it justice?

Congrats, you're the best the world has.

I'm about to send my first query. This is how it begins. The era of me.