Best trilogy?

Best trilogy?

not best but fav: his dark materials

>child protagonists

Condor trilogy

It's not a trilogy you sub 90IQ faggot

I'm tempted to say Dante's Divine Comedy.

But it's not a trilogy, it's a whole book
Hobbit + Silmarillion + LoTR are the real deal

>it's a whole book
Don't you mean six books?

Fuck editors and their marketing-based decisions.

Pls share.

Red Rising

Oh yeah

So much depth. The world he made was so expansive that you have to read the appendix of the third book and read the compilations of Middle Earth history edited by his son Chris.

checked
Also, I agree 100%
Currently reading pic related
If there could be a novel of the Fall of Gondolin, the collection would be complete, but sadly that's not likely to happen.

How does it read? I find it hard to read the lore. Most if not all is compiled by his son right?

Have you read the Silmarillion?
It's more expanded than the version of the story in that book, like the recent Children of Hurin novel.
The difference with this edition of Beren and Luthien is that it alternates between different versions of the tale; older versions, later versions, prose forms and verse forms, with only some minor commentary from Christopher Tolkien in between sections.
I'm really enjoying it, particularly the long verse parts. It's also interesting to see how the tale developed over the years.
I don't think you need to read the Silmarillion first, in fact, that was part of Christopher's intent when putting this novel, and Children of Hurin together.

>Fingolfin like a shooting light
>beneath a cloud, a stab of white,
>sprang then aside, and Ringil drew
>like ice that gleameth cold and blue,
>his sword devised of elvish skill
>to pierce the flesh with deadly chill.
>With seven wounds it rent his foe,
>and seven mighty cries of woe
>rang in the mountains, and the earth quook,
>and Angband's trembling armies shook.

it's only a "trilogy" because of the publisher

*blocks your path*