Absurdism was a mistake.

>Thinking plays require things to "happen"
OP was a mistake

>one of the greatest plays ever written
>mistake because some kid thinks reductionism is viable

You were a mistake.

>AAAAAYYYYYY WEED LMAO

New Sincerity was a mistake

It's ok in a few hundred years nobody will remember Absurdism while classic theatre will retain its high status

In a few hundred years I question humanity still being around

>MUUUUUUH MEAANIIIIING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why don't you lock yourself in an empty room for 2 hours while you're at it?

nukes? singularity? advanced wewery?

All of it, but hey we survived the Cold War so who knows?

>we survived a non-war
Well fucking good for us then eh

In 2038 when Godot shows up to the final performance, you're going to look like the tit who left at second intermission in the opera

you were Godot the whole time.

A lot stuff happens in Godot though
Brainlets talk like its just two guys waiting for a bus but its not at all, there are significant archs, interactions and sequences throughout it. Half of which are straight up magical

We live in a world where anything is possible, but especially nothing.

The US premier of this was in a small theater in Miami which is now in ruins.

can you point this brainlet to one of these so called significant sections?

In a hundred years Waiting for Godot will be classic theater, you dunce. Im honestly baffled by conservatives in art. It’s as if they never payed attention to history class and realized all their complaints were made at the art they enjoy back in their time, what they now call classics. If you really think the world will forget Waiting for Godot, you’re naive.

>nuclear stand-off for 50 years
>continuous proxy conflicts resulting in millions dead
>espionage and sabotage
>literally avoided global catastrophe because one (ONE) Soviet captain defied his orders to fire a nuclear torpedo
>'non-war'
child, be still

Unironically a great way to get inspiration

Can someone explain Waiting for Godot to me? I read it on my own, after being done with school (so I didn't get handed all the relevant info and analysis), and I didn't get it.

thats the point theres nothing to understand

Read the bible

The last Western writer anybody will study is Goethe. Beckett is the equivalent of some meme writer from 300AD in Rome

>>nuclear stand-off for 50 years
No direct war between the powers ostensibly in the Cold "War"
>>continuous proxy conflicts resulting in millions dead
No direct war between the powers ostensibly in the Cold """"War""""
>>espionage and sabotage
No direct war between the powers ostensibly in the Cold """""""War"""""""
>>literally avoided global catastrophe because one (ONE) Soviet captain defied his orders to fire a nuclear torpedo
No direct war between the powers ostensibly in the Cold """"""""""War""""""""""

Sure looks like a non-war to me, slugger

Well, fuck. But it's so well regarded. What did it do so well then, if meaning wasn't part of it?

So skip the Greeks?

Cold war was a meme, nothing of substance happened. You need to have at least had one nuke dropped for it to count as a legitimate problem. And no, that's not a world ending scenario necessarily, per Japan being nuked and the world not ending. And that was with cities literally made out of paper.

Why doesn't it say what animal?

you can say there is meaning in absence of meaning just like you need constructions in order to deconstruct

MUH
MEANIMGGGNGN

im waiting

why dont you actually argue instead of blabbering like a retard
>i can write total nonsense but it will be immune to criticism because this user on Veeky Forums thinks that asking for a meaning from a literary work is stupid

It's about the fun ride not the philosophic ending.

I can accept a literary work that has no inherent meaning, no problem. I'm just asking what else was good about it or did it do well? (References, themes, prose, etc) Just want to learn that's all.

>advanced wewery
Sounds comfy desu.

how old are you two? serious question.

Older than you, Tommy

Okay I laughed out loud at "advanced wewery"

just give me the number

You're a fucking child that needs to have a "moral of the story" in order to enjoy a work of art. You want me to point at the forest but you're unable to see the threes.

I'm 37

and you're still a fucking idiot, weird.

Maybe you should consider the possibility that someone older and wiser than yourself has more knowledge as well as experience, Timothy

provide a little evidence of the fact and maybe i could.

>DUDE JAZZ, EARS, WELLS, SPAGHETTI, CATS, AND EMOTIONAL GIRLS LMAO
Murakami was a mistake.

I already have, as you have offered ample evidence that you're nothing but a shitposting child with a dilettante's grasp of history

how many nuclear detonations were there between 1946 and 1988?

Recorded tests? Approximately 1,942

neat, you know how to google. what was the purpose of those detonations?

Yea, no shit, what an idiotic question. Are we going to play twenty questions here? You and I both know what the general purpose of those detonations was. Stop with this childish nonsense, you aren't Socrates, state your fucking point already

you know my point, so why ask for what you already have?

ok
>hurr muh weapons tests muh international tension muh proxy wars
None of shit is A C T U A L warfare. There was never a declaration of war made by either of the opposing state actors. You've been brainwashed by your boomer parents into believing in a meme war that they use to validate their generation-wide political idiocy. Sorry.

>literally thinks congress determines the meaning of words
>calls other people brainwashed
Veeky Forumskino

>it's a real war even if no one declares war
>hurr was a rul war cuz we wuz mujahideens n shieet

>probably even believes the Gulf War actually happened

>probably even believes the Cold War was an actual war

>DUDE LANGUAGE IS MEANINGLESS LMAO

>37
>grown ass man
>can't even develop his own theme
>just repeats himself like a cunt parrot
>expects me to continue participating in the delayed abortion that is his life

>so stupid he takes things he reads on an Azerbaijani scooter maintenance forum seriously