What others authors deal with identity, internal growth and the like?

Have really enjoyed his books so far but no idea what similar author to explore next.

Hermann Hesse is my favorite author too, It is sad this is the first time I've seen someone talking about him on Veeky Forums.

I think the "closest" author to Hesse is Charles Bukowski. In my opinion, their writing is only similar in the way they feel alienated from the world around them.

So, I'd recommend you "Ham on Rye".

Literally almost all of them

tao lin

Jordan Peterson

Is this Veeky Forums these days?

Bad bait: too fedora stylistically, and Bukowski's recommendation blows it completely. 3/10 Responding to stop anons from taking you seriously. Veeky Forums these days makes me do it.

I apologize for my bad recommendation.

Cuck author general?
"Personal growth" is a liberal code word for learning to become blue pilled

Yeah stay stunted my dude. Don't want to be called a cuck.

>Hesse
>Bluepilled
He read half of the western canon in his youth. By the time he was 20 this man knew more than you ever will.

yikes

No he didn't. Hesse was a turbopleb who thought name dropping Goethe was impressive

Yes he did.

Why do certain old men start looking like sculptures

Did he even read the other modernists?
I see him always referencing safe targets like Mozart but his literacy did not seem to extend past 1800

He wrote about Kafka in one of his latest short stories.

From the short stories I've read about him, it seems that Hesse did read his contemporaries but didn't comment much on them since he felt overwhelmed by the world around him.

One of the greatest i ever read

Literally every Bildungsroman, personal recc: magic mountain

What a weakshit faggot

Hey there, sailor!