>Count of Monte Cristo
>1276 pages

Why?

He was paid per line

No internet.

he wanted his books to be as fat and worthless as himself

>1488
was he redpilled?

they were published chapter after chapter in the Mad magazine French version of the time.

>1488

Better ban it in time.

Fpbp

had to google it—how do you faggots know and recognize this shit

Pols influence reaches all over the internet

I'm not that new on the internet. What makes you use that edgy hyphen which can't even be found on a normal keyboard?

Are you implying Dumas wrote les miserables?

its standard on mine

I don't know Dumas' work and I can't be bothered to look it up but authors often released novels in monthly installments. Dickens and Thackery did, which is why Bleak House and Vanity Fair are in excess of 700 pages

it's a fucking dash you idiot

>Write a completely irrelevant book-length analysis of Waterloo to introduce one of your characters on the very last fucking line
I've legit been reading this book a month now and the June Revolution only just started. SAVE ME

thats exactly what happened with the count of monte cristo.

Paris sewers history is the goat part

Numbers of that type are difficult to forget, and there aren't many of them. It's like 666. Also, it's incorporated in a lot of memes, so much so that for many it might as well be one itself.

There you go. /thread

dude come on do you think we're 12?
>inb4 someone calls me 13

Two different authors

The count of Montecristo is actually good.

Dostoevsky also released books in instalments. Crime and Punishment being one.

> Christophe Waltz says Alexandre Dumas was black
> he's white in the photograph

Explain this one, atheists!?!?

>white

>1488
my guy
Pretty sure he's half black

>Reading translations

>"he wanted his books to be as fat and worthless as himself", the sizable nerd typed on the anime forum he had frequented for years. He no longer wondered where his hate came from; it had become second nature. He no longer wondered where it all went wrong; he had no other life to compare it to. He did not realize that changes could not blossom in the pale light of a screen. So he withered away, day by day, typing out his opinions, oblivious to the fact that on some level, most of his insults were directed at himself - that some last vestige of humanity in him was screaming for changes that would never come.

Firstly, the man in the picture is Alexandre Dumas, who wrote the Count of Monte Cristo.

Les Miserables was written by Victor Hugo, who was not a particularly fat man. My understanding is that OP (praise be upon this faggot) is implying that Dumas told a much more adventurous, interesting, and mesmerizing tale in fewer pages than Hugo told Les Miserables.

Not sure though.

Hugo had more shit to say.
Was payed for it

Never read Les Mis, bit The Count of Monte Cristo is an absolute masterpiece. By the time I finished it I was sad it was over and wished it was longer. It's my favorite book of all time

You should give Les Mis a shot. I had the inverse experience.

What's the best translation for each

Get the signet classics of Les Mis. Good translation and unabridged.

alexander dumas was black

You are a dumb nigger
Les Miserables was written by Victory Hugo

His grandfather was white, his father was 50% black, so that makes Dumas 25% black

>edgy hyphen

I give it a weak 4/10. I'd suggest putting actual jokes in it instead of just describing the perceived situation.

>"I give it a weak 4/10", user typed impotently, desperate and scrambling to put back on the mask. "I'd suggest putting actual jokes in it instead of just describing the perceived situation." he opined, earnestly dejected that he found no humor in the situation oblivious to the fact there was none, and could not be any.

You got him good.
8/10 for the first one because it seemed so accurate and 7/10 for the second.

>—

>ejaculated, he

they should call it the page count of monte cristo

>Les Miserables
>1488 pages

Victor Hugo was redpilled af.

It's an em dash, moron

That was the most reddit joke that I've seen on this board for a while, and that says a lot

TV shows before TV existed.

You sir, just won the internets!

- vs —
Only one of these is on my keyboard

M dashes are patrician, desu.

I'm here for you

>Clarissa
1526 pages

>Infinite Jest
>1104 pages

Why?