There is a spanish translation of finnegans wake

>there is a spanish translation of finnegans wake
lmao

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/thread/S9678468
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's also an Italian one. Joyce translated some bits himself.

was Svevo involved?

>mfw its 90% the same as the English

>James Finnegan's Joyce Wake

>Mi dulce putita Nora, he hecho como me lo pediste, muchachita sucia, y me hice dos pajas mientras leía tu carta.
>(...) Tenías un culo lleno de pedos aquella noche, querida, y con la follada salieron todos para afuera, gruesos camaradas, otros más ventosos, rápidos y pequeños requiebros alegres y una gran cantidad de peditos sucios que terminaron en un largo chorrear de tu agujero.
Spanish was a mistake.

>not reading finnegan's wake in chinese

Nope as far as I know.

is that the fall at the bottom of the picture? kek

yes
warosu.org/lit/thread/S9678468

>year 4000
>be classics scholar.
>perhaps the world's leading expert on Ancient English
>get a call from a colleague working at the London ruins
>they finally found one
>a fullly preserved text from Joyce
>not many texts survive from the era but many that we have refer to Joyce as the greatest English writer of the era if not all time
>immediately get it beamed over
>spend hours getting all my references together
>finally crack it open
>riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs.
>Sir Tristram, violer d'amores, fr'over the short sea, had passen-core rearrived from North Armorica on this side the scraggy isthmus of Europe Minor to wielderfight his penisolate war: nor had topsawyer's rocks by the stream Oconee exaggerated themselse to Laurens County's gorgios while they went doublin their mumper all the time: nor avoice from afire bellowsed mishe mishe to tauftauf thuartpeatrick: not yet, though venissoon after, had a kidscad buttended a bland old isaac: not yet, though all's fair in vanessy, were sosie sesthers wroth with twone nathandjoe. Rot a peck of pa's malt had Jhem or Shen brewed by arclight and rory end to the regginbrow was to be seen ringsome on the aquaface.
>The fall (bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk!) of a once wallstrait oldparr is retaled early in bed and later on life down through all christian minstrelsy. The great fall of the offwall entailed at such short notice the pftjschute of Finnegan, erse solid man, that the humptyhillhead of humself prumptly sends an unquiring one well to the west in quest of his tumptytumtoes: and their upturnpikepointandplace is at the knock out in the park where oranges have been laid to rust upon the green since dev-linsfirst loved livvy.

Really want to hear how that thunder word sounds.

Who the fuck is James Finnegan

Someone should translate it into English.

Hahaha would be funny to unpack it all into plain, unambiguous, straightforward language and publish the result as "Finnegan's Wake For Serious People". Watch the Joycefags screech in horror and dissolve into puddles of frothing fury.

>me hice dos pajas

The next you see, you publish a article saying that after this, we can't be sure if ancient english was the way we taught it was.

spaniard spanish is so retarded.

I started to try translating it to get the pinyin so I could tell you how it's pronounced, but it's using unique characters that aren't used anywhere else. The use of the radical "kou" (meaning mouth, it's shaped like a square and is on the left side of every character in the thunder word) implies that these aren't real words and are just sounds. It's too time consuming for me to individually input every character without the kou to determine the sound, so I gave up.

>"Finnegans Wake: No Nonsense Edition"
a 90 page novel with only plot details.

If you wanted to translate Finnegans Wake into standard English without losing any meaning, even literal meaning alone, it'd probably end up going over 2000 pages, certainly not 90. The book crams as much information into each single word as possible

Thanks, appreciate the effort anyways, user.

If you want to know how ridiculous the things you wrote sound there's only two solutions, one is to read it out loud, and the other, the definitive solution is to translate it.

Those letters were a mistake.