Dream-based Short Stories

Are there any collections of short stories based entirely off of one person's dreams?

Metamormphosis always struck me as something that I could have dreamt up, and I recently started writing my dreams in detailed story form instead of quick summaries, at least for the ones that can actually be followed chronologically

Usually a single dream isn't coherent enough to write a short story. I've been writing my dreams down for the past few weeks and have been stringing a few of them into short stories. Give that a try.

Had a dream of the Episode of being bpng theory

Howard is divorced, not handling well. Leonard upset with Penny who is getting fat from eating too many bananas but penny definsive. In his cocaine induced sleep Howard accidentallg records himself looking pathetic under a table. Falls asleep immediately, “mom? I thi k i have a bit of blow on my nose, can you get it?” then mimicking gunfire in a childish way. Amy is mad at Sheldon because every time she says I love you to him he just says bazinga. The four guys rehearse high fiving on Sheldon's cue of “bazinga” in a montage. They show up to a college arena to show off this skill, and Sheldon handed in a video as a music aid or something and Howard is all like “I didn't have time to edit!” so they all walk out, Howard slowly, the rest trying to pump up an arena crowd, then prepare to do their lame high five and the video shows Howard pathetically doing blow and delirious talking to mom.

My dreams are way too incoherent for that.

this sucks

not asking u to write them, just asking if anyone knows any writers who did

Last night had a dream of a multi-leveled arena sized church with many different rooms, many of which are completely empty but their inner walls form a dodecahedron shape in the main hall, with ornamental windows serving as sky lights.
My recollection is weak but some kind of seven kids of a radical religious family start a mass shooting, I'm wall running and parkouring, while rescuing children. This is strange for me, usually in dreams when confronted with danger I end up dying realistically and waking up. I kill six of the kids. The leader is an older girl, my age. She's hot as hell and I try to fuck her and I might've but all I know is she dies also.
Later we have school in the church. All memory of the prior events are forgotten. I notice the girl I fell in love irl is with her parents and I get in an orange sleeping bag and fall asleep in front of them, hoping to catch her attention. Later I crash my mom's van through her parent's portcullis.

i like this dream, but you still didnt answer my q

also next time u write a dream, don't talk about how u cant remember something. boooring

2/22

Had a dream last night that my friend and I were living together. I woke up in the middle of the night and saw that there was a floor panel touch screen of tinder running so I used my foot to swipe through a few, then a hand touched my arm so I woke up irl. I was like `god damn that scared the shit out of me` and went back to bed. I was back in the dream, in bed, I see a figure get into bed with my roommate and he says something like “wrong one, he's over there” and next thing I know this Asian guy is telling me I swiped right on his sister. I'm impressed that he broke in and ask how he did it, he starts showing me some script on his computer explaining in depth how he hacked in. I look at it and, pretending to know something, say “oh yeah, PYN is Python, right??” He isn't impressed. He changes the subject and pulls out a camera and says he's going to film sex. I'm like “ok where's your sister?” and he starts explaining that his dad likes to watch him take dick in his boy pussy and he's going to live stream me fucking him. “I never agreed to this.” He starts pleading with me to fuck his ass. It occurs to me that this isn't out of his own concupiscence but it seems more like a matter of life or death. I told him he could have butt sex with my roommate in the other room and he thanks me very cordially. As they get busy in the other room, I take the camera and bust in à la John Quiñones and they get super surprised and embarrassed.

I don't know of any stories. I'd like to write stories of my dreams but I'm too shit of a writer to make them meaningful to anyone else. I do my best when I wake up in tre morning. Occasionally I've been able to transcribe music I've heard in my dreams also but it's usually not too impressive either.

Nov 22 17
Guys wake up, play start playing sad unfit ting music. Sexy girls show up unannounced “my house able to put up whatever soundtrack we want” girls know what to put on “à lonely night” made up pop tune with a 80s bass line.

Staying at a hotel with degenerates. Slept on the floor, guys smoking cigs and weed in the lobby. Manager gets pissed off. One room is all gay sex, that's where the stereo is.

this is my issue too but
just try it out lol

this is a really good one

i think its time to change this thread to write your most adaptable dream in story form

Not lit but the movie Black Moon (1975) was built entirely based on the dreams of the director

Dreamt I was in a car chase with meth dealers, they kept shooting at me and I watched an old junkie woman catch one in the head. The roads were really slippery and im fairly confident I died by the end of it.

The tornado hit the city but caused no damage whatsoever. Is it perhaps related to what will happen tonight. I was reminded again of the fact that tonight was "Suncore day". All the nations were ready to shoot fireworks and celebrate. All except our nation. Why? Because the core of the sun would appear tonight on our country's night sky. If anything were to happen to it, then we can say goodbye to our Sun. Despite this, I could't see any guards or policeman from my roof. Night came and I could see it. A big yellow ball resembling a cartoonish caricature of the sun, having eyes, a thin nose and a big smile. The show started. For some reason I could see fireworks as far as China, US and Australia. In the middle of my sightseeing of the fireworks I heard a loud noise. I turned my head and what to see. Some careless people in our nation shot some fireworks towards the Sun core and it exploded. The last thing I could hear is my mother's voice, exclaiming "Oh no!". Then an image of a dessert with cow skulls flashed before me. That is the last thing I could remember.

Is it good?

Good work

Well it really is exactly like a dream, I don't know how else to describe it

>i was looking at a huge box TV with just Static.
>tv seemed like it was automatically trying to browse for a Channel yet it every chanel was static.
>after going through endless channels it randomly shows this guy with an egyptian bird mask (the color of the chanel was black and white like it was made from the 1950's)
>TV still browse through static of channels and always ends up to birdman who slowly moves through motion coming closer to the screen as tv still browses through static and comes back to him.
>tv browses faster, birdman gets closer and points at me trying to get a hold of me.
>me creep out run towards a door that fell into a vortex.
>vortex passed through so much random images and creatures i dont see in real life.
>shows red doors, dark skinny creatures with long fingers that looked horrifying, bright colored animals etc. was too fast.
>fell back to birdmans static on the fall of the vortex.
>refuse to get in touch with birdman for all the fucking weirdness.
>ran and ran and saw a big red door attached to an invisible wall that showed a view of my bedroom
>rushed into the door and woke up

Not exactly what you're asking for but this little guy right here Book of Dreams (Libro de sueños) is a collection of dreams and dream references found in many kinds of fiction (The Bible, The Odyssey, Carroll, Plato, Kafka, Borges' own fiction, folklore from around the world, etc). Some are long, some are short. Not sure if it's available in English.

Moved with my family near the beach. Mother told me to go to the nearest shop and buy smoe things. I got out and saw that I had one foot bare. I hopped with one leg until i found a random slipper. Then I went to a colosseum-like structure in ruins and inside saw some kids moving around. One of them swept the bathroom male and female signs.I went inside the female (actually male) bathroom and it seems it was actually a passage going outside. There I went inside a truck and despite not driving it well I drove it for a while until a horse appeared before me.

H.P Lovecraft wrote a letter to Donald Wandrei detailing a dream he had and my god.
I don't think I've ever dreamt as he did

Not a short story but I believe Finnegans Wake is a stream of consciousness from the standpoint of someone's dream

>Metamormphosis always struck me as something that I could have dreamt up
Holy shit, I had this reaction too. The inconvenience of not getting to work in time far outweighed the inconvenience of being a large bug.
That situation not only made me chuckle, but it also reminded me of those times in my dreams where I faced certain death with annoyance ever being my only feeling about it.

DADDYYYY

I drew the ghost from one of my dreams. It's a humming, glowing rod.

Had a dream last week where me and a friend were driving in a hovercraft through a massive city. I distinctly remember that we were talking about my younger brother and I scremed "YOU'RE PUTTING HIM IN DANGER!". This made my friend both agitated and defensive, so I pulled the car over. The city was now gone, replaced by an endless sea. I told him "wait here" and dived down under the water. I swam down to the sea floor to an enormous submarine. The interior was flooded, so I had to turn a valve to empty the water out. Once I entered the main chamber, I found several naked women, all around 8 feet tall. Apparently they were prostitutes, because I had sex with them until they said I was out of money. I didn't want to leave, and proceeded to follow them around, masterbating. At this point they screached at me, saying I had to leave NOW. I refused and they tried to kill me with their claws and by flooding the submarine. I barely escaped out of a broken window, and as I was swimming back up to the surface I looked down and saw a whale of unfathomable size swallow the submarine whole. I then climbed back into the drivers seat and drove home with my friend, who wanted to know what had happened down there. I ignored him.

Carl Jung

Yeah, my small library of gay erotica.

>smashing out 3,000 words with morning wood
Nothing better.

cool

Really good work

This is really something... It was a very clear description too

Exaccccctly omg

Any other info about it? Difficult to find

Ohh NVM didn't look at the pic lol

Post some pls